Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is Dabo that great or would Tommy Bowden have similar
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,162

Is Dabo that great or would Tommy Bowden have similar

Nov 25, 2012, 4:39 PM

success and win totals during this down time for the ACC? I really think he had you guys playing better than Dabo does but the records look a bit different. The ACC is down and TB had wins against good Fla St teams, an overall better conference, and whipped Carolina like a dog year in year out. Wonder if he is getting a bad rap and Dabo gets the glory for going 10-2 in a pitiful ACC lately.
Many Carolina fans wonder if Dabo woudl really last if the ACC hadn't taken a short nose dive lately. It has to be the worst in the history of the league. it will change due to UNC, Miami, etc building back and Clemson and Fl St always being in the mix.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Reasonable to assume he would have lost some he shouldn't,

Nov 25, 2012, 4:41 PM

beat some good teams, and beat USC at least once or twice. Overall, probably would have done about the same as Dabo.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TB did not make a habit of losing to SC.***

Nov 25, 2012, 4:42 PM

Re: Is Dabo that great or would Tommy Bowden have similar

Nov 25, 2012, 4:46 PM

I agree....Dabo just looks like a great coach because the ACC is looking just as worse as ever. It's easy to get 10 wins when you play nobody who is worth a crap. Tommy Bowden beat the coots like a rented mule. This is just a sad state of affairs when you can't beat the dirtpeckers

Dabo is better than Bowden

Nov 25, 2012, 4:47 PM

at every thing but the most important thing, beating the Chickens! We are at least more consistent in our play under Dabo, don't have the highs and lows we had under Bowden. But we consistently play poorly against the Chickens!

Nov 25, 2012, 4:56 PM

My point exactly, is Dabo making your team better or do you just have better talent than everyone but fla St in the ACC and should be 10-2 or 11-1 every year in that league??

Nov 25, 2012, 5:02 PM

better talent in a horrid league

proof is in the pudding

OOC and postseason play

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are you dumb or just plain stupid

Nov 25, 2012, 5:04 PM

Bowden had 10 years here and could not win the ACC. If you can't see thar Dabo has done more in a shorter time frame in a conference that has been down for a long long time then I feel sorry for you

Tommy was weak..........

Nov 25, 2012, 5:05 PM

He may have beat the Coots......but he was unable to make changes to the staff which we needed. Dabo however has made great improvements in my opinion but it is taking forever, and I'm afraid the changes he made will fall apart before Clemson has a chance to reap any benefits from them.........sad day for Clemson fans. I'm over it but it sucks....and Columbia, SC is terrible this time of year when we lose......ugh........I'm disgusted by this. I really believed we were gonna pull it off this year!

Nov 25, 2012, 5:21 PM

Dabo has done a better job. More wins, 2 division wins, 1 ACC championship. Bowden had 0 division wins in more years, and that was when FSU was down compared to how they've been the past few years.

Dabo has lost 4 to the Gamecocks, but it's obvious they're much, much better now they were when Bowden was the coach.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,162
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic