Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If you were an offensive cord. and your team had
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

If you were an offensive cord. and your team had

Sep 15, 2014, 6:25 PM

the ball at the opponent's 4 yard line what 3 plays would you run if you had to use all three plays to win the game?

Here is my answer....

1) Bring in tight end and full back...let them create a hole that would compare to the Grand Canyon and let a guy named Gurley run it.
2) and 3) Repeat and repeat.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

4 plays if necessary....***

Sep 15, 2014, 6:26 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd put an extra OL in as a TE and another as a FB and pound it

Sep 15, 2014, 6:37 PM

In our case, I'd think about putting Crowder in at the TE spot. Then I'd put Grady Jarrett or someone in at FB and hand it off to Fleming or Choice. If it doesn't work the first time I'd quickly line up and try again.

Impossible to answer w/o knowing offensive and defensive

Sep 15, 2014, 6:38 PM

personnel and what the defense likes to do in those situations (from gameplan). If it's us this year, here's what I'm doing.

1st down - isolate Charone or Mike and throw the fade or back shoulder

2nd down- 2 back in the pistol- motion one out to determine if it's man. If it is, quick slant. If not, we're already blocking inside zone.

3rd down- roll the QB and give him pass/run option

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

But again... impossible b/c I don't know what

Sep 15, 2014, 6:41 PM

techniques they are playing inside, how the call they're strength, etc...

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

I agree on 1st down

Sep 15, 2014, 7:02 PM [ in reply to Impossible to answer w/o knowing offensive and defensive ]

While I think I'd probably want to run it on first down, if you do throw it is a strict timing route with no real time necessary in the pocket. You do not/cannot lose chunk yards on 1st down.

Remember 1st and goal from the 1 against BC in overtime? Slow developing outside run, stuffed for 4 yard loss. That first down play is key to take a chance at scoring without losing yards as that changes the series entirely.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

absolutely...

Sep 15, 2014, 7:10 PM

given our current personnel, it would make it hard for me to run the ball unless I knew we could catch them lined up wrong, or get their LBs out of the box

Triple option?

Sep 15, 2014, 6:44 PM

I dunno, what's the point? Had they scored MR would have been a genius.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If you were an offensive cord. and your team had

Sep 15, 2014, 7:25 PM

I'd give it to Vic Beasley and let him run it in. You know, since he's the best player ever and all that.

not everyone can be Derek Watson or Stephen Garcia***

Sep 15, 2014, 7:28 PM

Anything except the three plays Bobo called !***

Sep 15, 2014, 8:38 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 15, 2014, 8:43 PM

Great teams are those that are able to run it even when your opponent knows exactly what's coming and still can't stop it.

Sep 15, 2014, 8:48 PM

I have a question. That first down from the 4 were mason got the intentional grounding call. There were several coots in the backfield immediately. Was that a screen and the oline let them by or did USC send everyone leaving the secondary one on one? I would just like to know what that play was.

Sep 15, 2014, 8:57 PM

He tried to set up a middle screen

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 15, 2014, 9:13 PM

It is hard to get movement when the D knows you are going to run. Its easy to plug gaps if that is all you have to do.

Sep 15, 2014, 9:14 PM

Go to the UGA board and start a fire Bobo thread.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic