Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If you hate the idea of Hillary or Trump as Prez
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 67
| visibility 1

If you hate the idea of Hillary or Trump as Prez

Feb 10, 2016, 3:37 PM

which primary do you vote in? Seems like a lose-lose situation when it's probable that both win-win.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hillary for Prison 2016

Feb 10, 2016, 3:41 PM

I'll probably vote for whoever has the best chance to beat trump in the primary then vote republican in the general election

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hillary for Prison 2016

Feb 10, 2016, 3:44 PM

So- Republican both times. (Love that T-shirt -wonder if it comes in orange?)

the Democrat party always favors ultra liberals

Feb 10, 2016, 3:49 PM

the republican party just favors liberals (since Ronnie).

If we could get a fiscal conservative and social moderate as a republican nominee I'd be really happy. But the republican party likes ultra social conservatives that love to spend money.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: the Democrat party always favors ultra liberals

Feb 10, 2016, 4:50 PM

Do you really believe there is much difference between the two parties? Outside of a few issues they are virtually the same - controlled by the same mega corporations and big money donors.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Re: If you hate the idea of Hillary or Trump as Prez

Feb 10, 2016, 3:44 PM

Trump won't win. As the election moves south, Trump will fall behind because of evangelicals. Also, as more candidates drop out, people will rally behind the remaining ones. Trump is benefitting from the fact that there's 100 republican candidates. It won't last.
That being said, I don't think Hillary would be a bad president. Ignore your personal feelings about her, who is more qualified than her? She's a great politician and deserves a good look at. Much better than Sanders, at least.
I'd be split between voting for her and Bush, but he's not getting the nomination.

Feb 10, 2016, 3:52 PM

But will they drop out soon enough to stop splitting the vote before Trump racks up enough votes to lock down the nomination? Plus Hillary has already started ads that are for gun control and entitlements with no fear of losing votes. With the "Executive Orders" by-passing legislative powers, our governmental system is dying out.

Feb 10, 2016, 4:00 PM
image.jpeg(97.7 K)

I completely agree that the executive orders are ridiculous. There is a way to go about things and bypassing congress isn't the way. This expanding power is scary, regardless of which party is in office.
Hillary wants VERY common sense gun laws that I think most gun owners agree with. I own about a dozen AR15s and love to shoot them. Just bought myself a new KSG, love that thing. But there should be stricter rules. I don't know if it will stop gun violence, but it's a start. And it won't keep any law abiding citizen from getting a gun.

Feb 10, 2016, 4:14 PM

"I don't know if it will stop gun violence?"

It won't...who will enforce these new laws in Compton, Reseda or inner city Chicago, we can't enforce the laws we have

But if "it may help" sure...lets continue to throw liberty down the potty through gradualism / incremental ism

what's "common sense" and "acceptable" today is not enough tomorrow

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Saying.,can DaBO run & tell SEC & Urban to GTH

Feb 10, 2016, 4:19 PM

And then take all Bammer's 5* and sell them to the highest bidders..and give proceeds to IPTAY!

Oh, could DaBO have Coot FB banished since their history is disgraceful to all decent & tasty Chickens!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 10, 2016, 4:23 PM [ in reply to Re: If you hate the idea of Hillary or Trump as Prez ]

Gun show loopholes? That's a very enforceable law. And do you think gun store owners will take the chance with federal charges and losing their business? That's what she's talking about. Have better background checks and have them at gun shows.

Feb 10, 2016, 4:35 PM

most recent national tragedy with gun purchased at gun show?

wonder if more guns used in crime were stolen from homes, businesses, cars or were purchased from a dealer / private party at a gun show

most sales at gun shows are dealers that already require fed. background check on purchases! its the law

private party sales is what they are talking about

...and the only other option is to travel to local ffl and let them charge you through the nose to make a transfer

their common sense is gibberish...Obama's last group of executive orders had only 2-3 new things in it...ripping grandpas guns away if he doesn't balance his own checkbook and wasted tax dollars on "smart gun research"

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 10, 2016, 4:49 PM

Boy, my pulse is taking a hit today. Haha. Let's just keep this civil guys. Gets boring when everyone agrees with one another.
I don't know where the guns were purchased, honestly. I realize most of them are gotten through illegal means. But what does it hurt if there's more comprehensive background check when buying a gun? What's it hurt when you have to wait 15 minutes to buy a gun? If you're in that much of a hurry to get a gun or are afraid of a background check, you probably shouldn't own a gun. It won't keep law abiding citizens from getting a gun, it'll just screen out the others. We all know gun shows are a joke. Anyone can walk out with a new gun.
And they're not looking to regulate private sales, that's impossible and its your right to sale your gun. She just wants a more detailed background check than what is currently being used.
*******Disclaimer*******
I am against much of the previously proposed gun control legislation. I am against AR bans and magazine limits. But there are some things we can improve on.

Have you ever bought a gun?

Feb 10, 2016, 5:00 PM

It generally takes more than 15 minutes and often it's put on a 3-5 day hold before you can pick it up - after you've already paid for it. The problem isn't the guns, it's the 1 in a million lunatic that snaps and goes crazy.

Re: Have you ever bought a gun?

Feb 10, 2016, 5:05 PM

I've never had to wait more than 10minutes when buying a gun. I live in Ga and we have insanely loose gun laws (see Guns Everywhere).
And I agree, it's morons who screw it up. In a perfect world, everyone can own a gun and never need regulation. But unfortunately we are surrounded by lunatics.

Feb 10, 2016, 5:06 PM

Fyi, I own 30+ guns.

Feb 10, 2016, 5:42 PM [ in reply to Have you ever bought a gun? ]

Exactly why I'm wondering if he really owns 30+ guns. I've NEVER bought one in under 15 minutes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 10, 2016, 5:46 PM

I bought a KSG 2 weeks ago at Autrey's Armory in Fayetteville, Ga. Last month. Took about 10-15 minutes. No more.

Feb 10, 2016, 5:48 PM

I've bought one gun in Georgia. Took three days.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 10, 2016, 5:50 PM

I have NEVER taken more than 15 minutes. We buy guns all the time and I've never known someone that took 3 days. Where'd you get it? Did you have to order it in?

Feb 10, 2016, 5:51 PM

Are you some kin to the poster darealmvp?

Your arguments seem very familiar

Feb 10, 2016, 5:57 PM

I don't know who that is, so no. I'm not arguing anything. You said that I don't buy guns and that you can't get one in 15 minutes. I know that to be untrue. So take it for what it's worth.

Feb 10, 2016, 6:01 PM

And I know it to be untrue that any Tom, #### or Harry can walk in and out in 15 minutes.

If you've bought 30+ guns and have never had to wait more than 15 minute's, its very odd.

I've bought one in Georgia and one in SC and both had a wait. My wife has three guns and two of hers had a wait period.

Feb 10, 2016, 6:23 PM

I live in Georgia and have bought guns in about 15-20 min. Most of that wait time is trying to get someone to help you. You fill out the form and they type your answers into the computer. It's a computer database. Either you pass or fail. If it takes longer to complete than just a few minutes, it means that something was flagged or missing from your check, so it requires a person to follow up and complete the background check.

Additionally, as a Georgian, I can take my long guns with me anywhere I want without a permit. Church, school, bars, restaraunts, etc. anywhere except the capital building, really. Same goes for pistols except you need a permit. But there's a twist! Cops are not allowed to verify you have a permit. So f*** the permit, amiright?

Feb 10, 2016, 6:28 PM

I've had the same issue with DNR.

Seems someone else had used my social security number for a license so when I went to get licensed, I was flagged.

The other person didn't get licensed but they had to verify I really was the owner of that SS#

Feb 10, 2016, 6:47 PM

Ouch that sucks. Sorry you had to deal with that, unless you were angry. Haha.
What'd you buy?

Feb 10, 2016, 6:50 PM

DNR? I was renewing my fishing license. Couldn't even get a blang fishing license because someone else had tried to use my ss #.

Now, my wife likes to hunt so she is into all of that other stuff.

I've got two pistols because of a couple of stalkers I had back when I did the weather for TV.

Feb 10, 2016, 6:54 PM

Yeah I know DNR. Sucks someone did that. I just had to get one, don't ever hunt and I fish on my buddy's land so I've never needed one. But I've been going down to Big Lazer WMA to shoot at their range, so I had to get one.
And that's rough. Sadly even the local news business is getting dangerous.

Feb 10, 2016, 7:12 PM

You familiar with Horry county?

I like to canoe/fish down the Waccamaw and Little Pee Dee rivers, well when the rivers are a lot lower LOL

I live 20 minutes or so from the ocean but prefer the rivers

Feb 10, 2016, 9:15 PM

I haven't heard of it. I live in metro Atlanta and may drive down near Macon to shoot. It's just a 100 yd range and I don't have anyone hawking over me.
I may fish on the Flint sometime. I don't get out there as much as I'd like to though. I bet it's awesome out on the coast. I'd like to check it out sometime.
Also, this thread took a total 180. Haha.

Feb 10, 2016, 9:38 PM

LOL complete 180

Horry County is home of Myrtle Beach.

Feb 10, 2016, 7:16 PM [ in reply to Re: Have you ever bought a gun? ]

I actually know a couple TV weathermen now that don't mind posting pics of their home/family on media. Bad idea.

There are always a nutcase or two that "falls in love" with the people they see on the daily news. I had one in Maryland and one in SC.

Feb 10, 2016, 6:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Have you ever bought a gun? ]

And to be clear, I have no issue with a day or two wait period on ANY gun purchase.

It'll certainly cut down on people that are purchasing while angry at someone. (Although I'm sure data doesn't show many people buy guns for that sole purpose anyhow)

Feb 10, 2016, 6:08 PM

On the flip side, a woman has an angry ex...she doesn't have the time to wait several days

Feb 10, 2016, 6:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Have you ever bought a gun? ]

My bad. My wife just told me it wasn't a "waiting period."

I had to wait on background check to be completed. But, that still took a few days.

Feb 10, 2016, 6:16 PM

Your wife set you straight? Haha. Kidding.
But it's fine. I guess your check took longer than mine. I don't know why that was or the circumstances, but I never had it take that long.
And I completely agree with a waiting period for the same reasons.

Feb 10, 2016, 6:18 PM

LOL it doesn't happen often so I'll let her have her moment ;)

Feb 10, 2016, 5:49 PM [ in reply to Re: Have you ever bought a gun? ]
image.jpeg(118.2 K)

Didn't mean for the two weeks part. It was just after I got back from Phoenix, but the point is the same.

Feb 10, 2016, 9:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Have you ever bought a gun? ]

Neither have I. In fact mine usually have a hold on them. Apparently someone with my name has a record etc

Feb 10, 2016, 5:12 PM [ in reply to Re: If you hate the idea of Hillary or Trump as Prez ]

I'm not down voting ya fwiw

Sandy Hook - took guns his mom acquired legally
Charleston - fed background check dude screwed up and he should have been denied purchase

lets talk about specific proposals that prevent those two acquisitions...hint their aren't any

ya know what I like ...signing up for a new GP and getting asked if there are guns in the home

because that's really important to diagnosis of mah cough

at some point...enough

its obvious we have culture problems, drug and gang violence and suicide makes up the bulk of gun deaths in this country

but who cares about those things...

Feb 10, 2016, 5:25 PM

I completely agree with you. I realize those weren't acquired through sales. I honestly don't think we'll be able to stop these kinds of shootings. There's too many people who can get guns who are psychopaths. No law will change that. But do we have to wait for someone to buy a gun through a show and shoot a place up? And expanded background checks can prevent people with mental and domestic violence issues from buying them. It may not stop mass shootings, but it may make it more difficult.
And can someone tell me how this will prevent normal citizens from buying one?

Feb 10, 2016, 5:50 PM

sorry..don't buy into more laws well...for the sake of having more laws

permit holders often know the law better than the police

its pages and pages...we obey it

lawbreakers break the law

dems will give ya the feels..."oh if we only safe one life"

lets legislate everything to death, no need to enforce and everyone feels good

Sure

the reality of their true motivation is far more sinister

accomplished through gradualism

law abiding folks jump through enough hoops already

Feb 10, 2016, 5:55 PM

That's fine. We have a fundamental disagreement about how to deal with an issue. Or even what the issue may be. But I can respect that you have a different opinion and no amount of arguing on a football forum will change it. Haha

Feb 10, 2016, 3:53 PM [ in reply to Re: If you hate the idea of Hillary or Trump as Prez ]

Whoever downvoted me for saying Hillary is qualified is pretty douchey. Expressing an opinion other than yours shouldn't be punished.

Feb 10, 2016, 5:22 PM

list qualifications

Feb 10, 2016, 5:26 PM

Driving. I will. In the meantime list those of who you're voting for so we can compare.

Feb 10, 2016, 5:41 PM [ in reply to Re: If you hate the idea of Hillary or Trump as Prez ]

Secretary of State
Senator for NY (8 years)
Chair for Arkansas Educational Standards Committee
Twice named in 100 most powerful lawyers in USA
On staff for Judiciary Committee during Nixon Impeachment
So she's got foreign policy under her belt, has a great understanding of the law, and she's been in politics her entire life (I see as a positive). The icing on the cake is that she was First Lady. She knows the ins and outs of the job and what it entails. And she will be living with a former president that created the largest US surplus.

Feb 10, 2016, 4:53 PM [ in reply to Re: If you hate the idea of Hillary or Trump as Prez ]

Bush the most likeable? That man looks like he's constantly holding in a giant bowel movement. I think he is the most unlikable candidate on either side. For the record I am a Republican.

Feb 10, 2016, 4:56 PM

I didn't say he was the most likeable. I don't care if someone is likeable either, I just want someone who can do a good job.

Feb 10, 2016, 3:51 PM

This country is a 3 ring circus anyway might as well elect a Clown.
Trump all the way!

One of the many concerns about electing Trumph....

Feb 10, 2016, 3:55 PM

is that he'd likely alienate all US allies within the first 45 to 90 days on the job and have us at war with Mexico and Canada within the first year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: One of the many concerns about electing Trumph....

Feb 10, 2016, 4:53 PM

Not sure that a war with Mexico or Canada frightens me. Not even simultaneously..... I see what you're saying though.

Feb 10, 2016, 4:08 PM [ in reply to Re: If you hate the idea of Hillary or Trump as Prez ]

but don't elect the creepy, evil clown!

I'll be voting for Gary Johnson

Feb 10, 2016, 3:53 PM

Hope some of you join me.

I'm voting for bob

Feb 10, 2016, 4:05 PM

She scares me a lot less than the other options.

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

I try to stay away from political discussions...

Feb 10, 2016, 4:10 PM

But i would never vote for Trump under any circumstances

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

how would either of those pretentious, criminal scum

Feb 10, 2016, 4:15 PM

be any worse than Obama?

Trump will be the Republican nominee.

Feb 10, 2016, 4:23 PM

Unless he gets bored with it.

Of course, that means Hillary will be the next president.

Re: Trump will be the Republican nominee.

Feb 10, 2016, 4:48 PM

I think Trump will have a mysterious accident or something before the powers that be let him become pres. and how could anyone think that the Hillary b---h should deserve a serious look?

Feb 10, 2016, 4:51 PM

"and how could anyone think that the Hillary b---h should deserve a serious look?"
Way to contribute.

Feb 10, 2016, 4:53 PM

hey-you contributed your opinion; so did i.i believe you said in a previous post above that everyone has a right to express his opinion. you got it.

Feb 10, 2016, 4:54 PM

Yes, just please explain why you feel that way instead of calling her a b****. That's the difference.

Feb 10, 2016, 4:56 PM

hey, that's my opinion. no one said it was yours. I don't have to explain it.

Feb 10, 2016, 4:57 PM

Fair enough. You win and I gave you an upvote for that.

Feb 10, 2016, 5:04 PM

thanks, and by the way; I am not the one who gave you a down vote.

Feb 10, 2016, 5:08 PM

No I realize that. But we are on a football forum talking politics. It's usually a terrible idea, but I figured everyone here would be level headed enough to not punish my football forum account for a political disagreement. When there's a political conversation like this, I thought there'd be a mutual understanding that the pulses would be left alone.

Feb 10, 2016, 5:08 PM [ in reply to Re: Trump will be the Republican nominee. ]

No I realize that. But we are on a football forum talking politics. It's usually a terrible idea, but I figured everyone here would be level headed enough to not punish my football forum account for a political disagreement. When there's a political conversation like this, I thought there'd be a mutual understanding that the pulses would be left alone.

Not sure why you think Trump is inevitable

Feb 10, 2016, 5:25 PM

Once more of the mainstream candidates drop out and their voters are consolidated, there are more than enough anti-Trump votes to beat him. The question is whether enough of the other candidates will drop out in time to beat Trump.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 67
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic