Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Norte Dame coach is an arrogant
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 45
| visibility 1

Norte Dame coach is an arrogant

Nov 29, 2015, 8:45 AM

Prick. I made a post early this morning about his post game presser and that they were two plays away from being #1 and undefeated. My questions to Tnet:

1) Am I the only person who sees him as that enabling and arrogant coach that refuses to see the reality of their season?

2) why does NO ONE (I know they get some special treatment for being ND) in the national or the fringe regional and social media outlets call him on his inaccurate, anti-fact BS?!?!

I don't normally make posts like this but he has been downplaying and making excuses for his loss at Clemson from the moment we beat Notre Lame. He's just sticking under my crawl I guess but ####, get your head out of the sand. He has now lost two and needs to be called out for his increasing Bull Sh*t and INACCURATE statements.

Go Tigers!!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

??

Nov 29, 2015, 8:47 AM

????????????????????????

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He has to tell those ND jerks something or they'll fire him.***

Nov 29, 2015, 8:47 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been two two numbers away from winning the Lotto!***

Nov 29, 2015, 8:50 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If we played FSU 10 times, they probably win five and we'd

Nov 29, 2015, 8:51 AM

win five."

- Dabo Swinney shortly after losing in DV to FSU, 51-14.

Why do these sort of comments from coaches upset some of you so? They're coaches supporting their teams and its efforts.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "If we played FSU 10 times, they probably win five and we'd

Nov 29, 2015, 8:55 AM

Easy answer...dabo's comments were his opinion of a situation. Norte Dame's coach is literally making statements that are not factual and he's passing them off as truth and everyone lets him do it. It goes beyond supporting your players. He's just lying...or an idiot who doesn't understand how many points it would have taken to actually beat us with that last play against us!

so he believes if ND made the 2 point conversion they'd

Nov 29, 2015, 9:06 AM

win in OT which is not nearly the stretch that dabo made in terms of winning 5 of the next 9 after losing by 37 at home. the other play was the missed/made fg?

seems legit, yet dabo can make the claim he did and you're perfectly ok with it? that's a bit of a problem, but you're a dabo fan or kelly/nd basher so i get it.

again, why some of you get so worked up over coaches lauding their team's years & efforts, all the while selling their program to fans, media, future student athletes et al is a bit of a head scratcher?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: so he believes if ND made the 2 point conversion they'd

Nov 29, 2015, 9:14 AM

Did you even read my original post? I don't normally comment on these type of things but ND's coach has gone too far in my opinion. Why does my post bother you so much? Does it not meet your high standards or are you just looking to argue with someone on Tnet this morning?

yes and i don't agree, i thought that much was obvious?

Nov 29, 2015, 9:16 AM

it's a shrug to me so i thought i'd say so, which is sort of what this whole internet sports' message board thing is all about.

you ok with that?

Re: yes and i don't agree, i thought that much was obvious?

Nov 29, 2015, 10:09 AM

Hah! You can have your opinion and I think you know what you can do with it.

You ok with that?

Go Tigers!!!!

absolutely, i'm always OK when someone such as you

Nov 29, 2015, 10:11 AM

has nothing left to offer.

Re: absolutely, i'm always OK when someone such as you

Nov 29, 2015, 10:33 AM

All that's left to offer is the fact that almost everyone who has responded and actually read my original post..agrees with what I was thinking. I don't need to offer you anything else. Out!!!

Go Tigers!!!!

and yet here you are, offering more of nothing?***

Nov 29, 2015, 10:36 AM

Re: yes and i don't agree, i thought that much was obvious?

Nov 29, 2015, 10:16 AM [ in reply to Re: yes and i don't agree, i thought that much was obvious? ]

Good job johnnyupstate. If you live where I do, all you hear is crap coming out of his mouth or some of the players mouths. Everyday the newspapers are full of ND this or that. Glad they lost last night and personally hope they lose in the bowl game so we can hear some more of his crying, no wait, I have heard enough of it.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: so he believes if ND made the 2 point conversion they'd

Nov 29, 2015, 12:19 PM [ in reply to Re: so he believes if ND made the 2 point conversion they'd ]

Johnny: I agree with your comments re ND and it gave me great pleasure to watch them get beat by .

He said they are two plays away from being undefeated. If

Nov 29, 2015, 9:21 AM [ in reply to so he believes if ND made the 2 point conversion they'd ]

they make the two point play at Clemson, they are at least TWO more plays a away from winning;assuming they score a touchdown on the first play in OT and we fumble on our first play.

yes, they get into OT and they win, i imagine that's his

Nov 29, 2015, 9:24 AM

opinion, don't you?

the only way that happens is 1 play, the two point conversion. i don't know if he's right about the rest, but they had all the momentum on their side considering the comeback they made.

Nov 29, 2015, 10:44 AM [ in reply to "If we played FSU 10 times, they probably win five and we'd ]

at the time Dabo said that, we had won 5 of the past 10...

since that time we have won 1 out of 2.

Difficult to argue.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yes, it's difficult for him to argue those 2 teams playing

Nov 29, 2015, 10:51 AM

9 more times and clemson winning 5 of those after fsu laid waste to clemson in DV and in front of a national audience.

that fsu team wasn't losing to anyone and didn't. clemson might have played better, but they weren't a 50/50 team playing that fsu squad and it wasn't close.

Re: yes, it's difficult for him to argue those 2 teams playing

Nov 29, 2015, 11:02 AM

Dabo was asked his opinion...so his answer was 100% correct.

Maybe it would have sounded better if he prefaced it with...well, if we play like we did today, it wouldn't be good...but I know we can play better and if we play to our ability...we split

I don't know who asked the question (I could guess)...it was a "I'm going to back you into a corner and make you look bad" type question. If he says they beat us 10 times or they beat us 9 time...the reaction would have been worse (within the Clemson community and team) than what he said.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i have no issue that he said it, the national community

Nov 29, 2015, 11:52 AM

laughed at it, but it was no more or less egregious than anything most other coaches do in giving credit to their team because he/they believes their teams were better than what they showed or had chances and opportunities they wished they could have made happen.

there's zero fact in dabo's statement, it is ALL opinion based on what he believes and one that 51-14 does not remotely support.

that fsu team was head and shoulders above clemson. clemson playing better than clemson did that game does not mean they'd split, that's all faith and there's nothing wrong with that faith no more than there's anything wrong with kelly's beliefs.

Nov 29, 2015, 11:58 AM [ in reply to "If we played FSU 10 times, they probably win five and we'd ]

Great point DSP!

Well if thats true then it works the other way as well

Nov 29, 2015, 8:51 AM

If they were one play away from beating Clemson and Stanford they were ALSO one play away from losing to UVA, Temple, and BC. Should have to take the bad with the good when you play the hypothetical game...

What's the beef again?

Nov 29, 2015, 9:12 AM

Coaches say lots of things right after the heat of a game. If he's saying both loses are close, he's right. But unless he trashes us or Stanford, what's the big deal?

Re: What's the beef again?

Nov 29, 2015, 9:21 AM

They are out of it finally and we are number one in the country .,
They cant hurt us this year .,

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

they helped us all year and they didn't hurt us by losing

Nov 29, 2015, 9:27 AM

a close game at stanford.

i won't send those tarnished domers flowers or a box of assorted chocolates, but they were clemson's signature win for most the year and won't fall too far or i wouldn't expect them to.

Re: they helped us all year and they didn't hurt us by losing

Nov 29, 2015, 10:16 AM

FSU didn't hurt us yesterday when they handled the Gators either.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

go noles, should we start another thread, noles > gators

Nov 29, 2015, 10:20 AM

or will this one do?
_____

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=18407375

a lot more where that one came from '88.

did i mention, go noles?

He said, "We're just two plays away from being in the POs."

Nov 29, 2015, 10:15 AM [ in reply to What's the beef again? ]

Unless they were attempting a three point conversion on their last play in DV that's just a bare faced lie.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good grief. Small peanuts.

Nov 29, 2015, 10:18 AM

They were one play away from OT and they dominated the last quarter of the game. If I were a ND fan I would agree that they could of pulled out a win. But I'm not.

It's not like they lost by more than a point or two in either game.

That's some of Tommy Bowden's chit.

Nov 29, 2015, 10:24 AM

I didn't buy it when he was selling because it's an insult to all the teams that beat us.

Every two loss team in the country can probably make a lameazzed claim such as that. Heck, USuCk is probably only eight plays away from being undefeated, right?

That doesn't even make sense

Nov 29, 2015, 10:30 AM

It would have taken more than one play for SCar to tie or beat Mizzou. Or the Gators.

ND's losses were close. So what? They didn't win. The coach is technically right. What's the beef?

hate in his heart...

Nov 29, 2015, 10:33 AM

i have the sad now, i expected more and better from '88.

Re: That doesn't even make sense

Nov 29, 2015, 10:34 AM [ in reply to That doesn't even make sense ]

No he isn't right northerntiger. Had Clemson nor started playing NOT TO lose, ND would have lost by at least 2 or more touchdowns. Kelly is as arrogant as he looks. Just a whinny baby that cries when the lose.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

so if every coach does it, why the hate for one?

Nov 29, 2015, 10:32 AM [ in reply to That's some of Tommy Bowden's chit. ]

dabo does it constantly in discussing 5 or 6 busts or misses in defending his defense and in past losses and then of course the wonder of them all, 5 out of 10.

i used to believe you had more balance in your thinking, even as passionate a fan as you are, i gave you that credit..

the game continues in DV on 1 play and i believe he likes his teams chances in OT, don't you?

They should have kicked a field goal on that 2 point try.***

Nov 29, 2015, 10:19 AM [ in reply to He said, "We're just two plays away from being in the POs." ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wonder why he didn't think of that?***

Nov 29, 2015, 10:22 AM

or intercepted a clemson td for a pick 6 and a 12 or 14

Nov 29, 2015, 10:54 AM [ in reply to They should have kicked a field goal on that 2 point try.*** ]

point swing

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ND is old news and will play in Russel Athletic bowl. Lol***

Nov 29, 2015, 10:18 AM

How do you keep Gamecocks out of your yard?
• Put up goal posts
What does a Gamecock grad call a Clemson Tiger grad in 2 years?
• Boss

someone please post the pic of him entering our stadium

Nov 29, 2015, 10:25 AM

again...

I love that picture.

Kelly is a Sweaty Chubby Little Liar of a Man***

Nov 29, 2015, 10:39 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Arrogance..

Nov 29, 2015, 11:56 AM

...the point where confidence crosses the line and terms such as dikwad and dooshwank begin to mean something lol.

Norte Dame, eh? Those directional schools always hurt SOS!!

Nov 29, 2015, 12:11 PM

Pretty sure that's a requirement there***

Nov 29, 2015, 12:20 PM

Re: Norte Dame coach is an arrogant

Nov 29, 2015, 12:26 PM

okay, if that is the way he sees it......two plays = 2 losses.....he loss because he did not have the best team.....LOL.......Go Tigers!!!!!

He fits right in at ND--most arrogant school as a whole***

Nov 29, 2015, 12:29 PM

GO TIGERS!!!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Replies: 45
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic