Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If the president wants to rid the country of guns,
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 350

If the president wants to rid the country of guns,

Jun 18, 2015, 10:50 PM

he should set an example-have his secret service detail go unarmed from now on.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't want that for my president.

Jun 19, 2015, 11:54 AM

I've lived through the loss of one and I wouldn't go through it again just to make a freakin point.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Will wonders never cease, I actually

Jun 20, 2015, 11:22 AM

agree with you.

Go Tigers, I've just witness a good thing, show me another one sometime.

He's the President.

Jun 20, 2015, 1:47 PM

That might be all the good I'd have to say about any politician. Respect for the office is not a foreign concept to me.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If the president wants to rid the country of guns,

Jun 19, 2015, 12:49 PM

Although I see the point you are trying to make, it's not exactly a 1-to-1 argument. The POTUS is arguably the highest profile character in the world and has a very valid argument in the case of actually needing weapons to protect himself. The average Joe does not have multiple death threats per day (and even if they did, it's doubtful there gun and box of 100 ammo would prevent much of anything).

Take a country like Australia for example, they protect their government with guns while having tight restriction in place for their citizens and it is working out phenomenally. They have had ZERO mass shootings since the ban and have had a large reduction in gun crime and accidents.

Jun 20, 2015, 11:24 AM

dont bring facts into this discussion fool. ;0

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do you think he would add one more armed man...

Jun 20, 2015, 2:04 PM [ in reply to Re: If the president wants to rid the country of guns, ]

to his security force to protect himself or his family?

I'm just asking for one gun, mine. Obama has no intention of wasting his time fighting over gun control. It ain't gonna happen and we all know it. Politicians should stop all the circus and get to something productive.

There you go again....pointing out hypocrisy....it is not

Jun 19, 2015, 8:17 PM

important to those on the left... and easily dismissed. But it is important to those of moral character.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 19, 2015, 9:26 PM

Just how simple of a person are you?

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 20, 2015, 11:27 AM

He is no simpler than anyone else. Just another poster with a bone to pick. Nothing new for this forum.

Go Tigers, set good examples and excel.

He never stated he wanted to rid America of guns...

Jun 20, 2015, 12:35 PM

It seems your IQ isn't high enough to distinguish between gun control laws and an outright ban on guns. And he was talking about something much deeper than just guns, like why are we the only first world country with a high amount of violent criminal acts. Hey, but I wouldn't want to confuse a right winger by posing them with a complex issue.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 350
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic