Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If it's true about the 8 year deal....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

If it's true about the 8 year deal....

Jan 2, 2014, 3:01 PM

Then I'm very dissapointed. Not after a 5th straight. Correct that then talk about long term deals. Otherwise, this is pretty ridiculous and could end up CTB fiasco x 2.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If it's true about the 8 year deal....like a car

Jan 2, 2014, 3:15 PM

when you pay it off you need another one. we just finally paid CTB off I think or soon will. That was 6. 8 is an eternity. that is a little too far out.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

8 more years for 5 straight losses to your rival and a

Jan 2, 2014, 3:23 PM

mauling by the only good conference opponent in the crappiest football conference in the country.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hopefully the buyout isnt increased by much.***

Jan 2, 2014, 3:24 PM

Re: If it's true about the 8 year deal....

Jan 2, 2014, 3:26 PM

Under Dabo our Program has pointed in the right direction. A lot of it is credited to Chad's offense but the offense wouldn't be as successful if it weren't for Dabo's ability to recruit. CTB kept us mediocre with tons of excuses. We couldn't win more than 9 games a year. Under TB, we lost to Duke, Maryland, GT, Wake Forest way too often. Dabo lost to Maryland once and never to Wake. Beat GT twice in a row which hasn't happened in a while. Granted TB won against SC a lot, they weren't that good. I don't think TB would have faired much better in those games than our teams did but it's hard to say. We have won big games with Dabo, lost some hard ones. As long as Dabo is our coach I believe our program will continue to progress. FInal note, Dabo is a high character guy who loves his players and CLemson University. It's hard to think you can find another Caliber of person to be the face of Clemson Football.

Jan 2, 2014, 3:41 PM

That's all fine and dandy. Give him a 2 year entension and a little bump. But 8 year deals are reserved for high character, 10 win, ACC champ coaches who actually beat the rival once in 5 years.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2014, 3:43 PM [ in reply to Re: If it's true about the 8 year deal.... ]

So true!!! Dabo is building something special and people want over night success. Remember we went 6-7 under Dabo and now 10-2 most of us want the man terminated.
How long did Alabama wait to become a contender to the thrown yearly. They were one of the crappiest teams under Shula if most can remember.

Jan 2, 2014, 3:48 PM

1. Dabo took over a team that won 9 games the year before.
2. Dabo then went 9 wins to 6-7
3. Yes he brought in Chad Morris and kudos for that. He had a vision and he built it.
4. I'm not calling for his firing at all, just not an 8 year freaking extension that isn't deserved.
5. Bama went 12-2 in Saban's second year, winning the West division and winning the Sugar bowl.
6. Bama went 14-0 in Saban's third year and won the NC

So yes it was basically over night. 8 year deals are reserved for that kind of success. Not 10 wins vs crappy teams.

Jan 2, 2014, 3:55 PM

I hope you leave and never come back

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Wow, another

Jan 2, 2014, 3:59 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

Re: Wow, another

Jan 2, 2014, 4:44 PM

got love some Betty Page

Crump?

Jan 2, 2014, 4:00 PM [ in reply to Re: If it's true about the 8 year deal.... ]

that you?

Jan 2, 2014, 5:01 PM [ in reply to Re: If it's true about the 8 year deal.... ]

Have you ask Dabo to marry you yet ?

Mikeyg: have you asked Slurrier to pullout yet?

Jan 2, 2014, 5:22 PM

just sayin, you've got to be getting sore by now! lol

you asked for it picking on Clemson fans on our board.
Yes, most of us like & RESPECT Dabo at least...
y'all can't say the same.

Jan 2, 2014, 4:49 PM

I'm a Gamecock, but Dabo deserves a raise. 2.2million coaching a year in year out top 20 or better program is a little low. A coach should always have a 5 year contract. Does he deserve Saban money, no. Saban doesn't deserve Saban money. Good luck tonight!

Jan 2, 2014, 5:14 PM

thanks coot! ;)

Thanks ... we will not lose tonight.***

Jan 2, 2014, 5:18 PM [ in reply to Re: If it's true about the 8 year deal.... ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic