Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If Tankersley, Green, Alexander, and Kearse decide
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 2,136

If Tankersley, Green, Alexander, and Kearse decide

Jan 13, 2016, 7:19 AM

they want to finish their degree and win a natty, they have every opportunity to do so. They get to play with the best qb and the best returning offense in the nation.

If they get together and return to avenge this loss, this team will be favored in every game next year. This team is loaded, and I hope they have the desire to finish what they came to Clemson to do.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If Tankersley, Green, Alexander, and Kearse decide

Jan 13, 2016, 7:30 AM

Good thought but it ain't gonna happen

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 13, 2016, 7:53 AM

Kearse needs to decide if he wants to go to work, or not. He's already cost himself a higher slot in the draft due to his play down the stretch. Green was the better safety this year, but he's only been in the role for two years...he should come back and perfect. Tank reminds me of Breeland's situation...which made zero sense at the time. He is slightly bigger, so...perhaps the risk is worth it, but can he be drafted as high as Breeland, given the others in this draft class?

Will Mac's injuries affect his decision at all? He's not going to be ready for the combine...at least in a meaningful sense. Perhaps Clemson's pro day will be his time. I can't see him staying, but if 'CJ'd' us fans, I'd be over the moon! Same with Dodd!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 13, 2016, 9:28 AM

I don't know what happened to Kearse. He was a beast in the first half of the season. He was fast and basically a LB playing safety. Later in the season, it looks like he gave up plays. I thought he'd been exhausted due to consecutive games, but also thought he'd be recovered after the ACC title game.

It'd be better for him to come back.

Jan 13, 2016, 8:00 AM [ in reply to Re: If Tankersley, Green, Alexander, and Kearse decide ]

Out of the 4, Kearse, Green, Tankersley and Alexander only Alexander is a viable top 2-3 round pick. Alexander, like Chad Morris, has been looking for the next best thing since he arrived at Clemson, we've never really been more than a stepping stone for him. as with Morris, we are better for his contribution but he never really nought into the whole "Clemson Family" mindset, too intense and focused to be a part of something so "emotional." Kearse is either hurt or half-hearted, his play since Miami is marginal at best so, he's spent/done here at Clemson. Tankersley and Green can benefit from another year to develop because their draft stock can only go up. The allure of fortune and fame plays a huge part in decisions without these kids understanding how rare those things are to attain. With all these guys, I suspect were going to lose all 4 so, next man up. Go Tigers, play with the ones that stay!

I wish Clemson could be a stepping stone to the NFL for

Jan 13, 2016, 9:09 AM

every single one of our recruits. Wouldn't that be a nice problem to have.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How long has it been since this time last YEAR?

Jan 13, 2016, 9:20 AM

Hint in the subject line.

Even the ESPiN talkers are not gloom and dooming this team over graduation and early NFL exits. I told you guys during all the 'Gloom and doom,' talk from ESPiN last off season that we'd be ranked about fifth or better on defense when this season ended.

I was wrong, we're somewhere better than that. With all the talent we have returning, all we have coming up through the ranks and all the talent we have coming this year what in the world would make anyone worry about anything?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How long has it been since this time last YEAR?

Jan 13, 2016, 10:14 AM

I'd love to think there won't be a drop off in the secondary, if the starters leave, but that's just not reality. We can sustain losses in the front seven, but our secondary isn't a next man up situation. Baker and Carter aren't shutdown corners, and Johnson and Smith are far from NFL talent. Not to say they can't develop, but I'd prefer having four guys back there who have proven they can play at an elite level...the NCG aside.

Replies: 7
| visibility 2,136
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic