Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I wonder if the purple haters ar aware
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1,708

I wonder if the purple haters ar aware

Oct 5, 2012, 6:19 PM

the Clemson letterman jackets use to be purple. I understand their point on tradition but I see nothing wrong with having a few new uniform schemes. I just don't see why the older fans are so against a little change once or twice a seaon. I'm suprised they don't want to go back to the red and black helmets,

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I love me some purple

Oct 5, 2012, 6:23 PM

My favorite is purple jerseys/orange pants.

I just dont want to see all one color. Do you know the history of that ?

Besides, the OFFICIAL colors of Clemson University are Purple and Orange

The "purple" on the old lettermen jackets looked a lot

Oct 5, 2012, 6:42 PM

darker, almost blue, as opposed to the purple uniforms worn from time to time over the last 7-8 years.

I'm OK with the purple jersey and white pants, or the purple pants and a white jersey on the road (prefer the all white on the road). However, the all purple is very hard to look at, and looks too high schoolish.

BTW, I'm a fairly old guy, was a senior at Clemson when we first wore all orange in 1980. Even the precious all orange is too much when worn all the time.

For some reason, a lot of the younger crowd wants to be like Oregon, but Oregon's uniform tradition is to be outlandish in color and variety of combinations. Maybe it is old fashion to want a traditional uniform that everybody immediately recognizes as "Clemson". If that is old fashion, then call me old fashion.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The famous 'legend of the orange britches"

Oct 5, 2012, 7:42 PM

I wonder how many even remember or are aware of it ?

I have no problem with a little purple.......

Oct 5, 2012, 6:42 PM

purple tops on white pants..Fine. But sorry the ALL purple..NO. Purple as an accent color..a big yes. But the orange tops/ purple pants..now thats tacky.;)

Re: I wonder if the purple haters ar aware

Oct 5, 2012, 7:00 PM

Older fans don't like purple? Son, I'm 68 years old and still have a purple and orange CLEMSON ash tray from my rat year in 1962.

Purple and orange ARE the school colors (ok, maybe a touch of white).............. so when you talk about older fans, I'm not sure who the heck you're talking about.

They don't get too much older than me and still go to games..... and I say purple is just fine with me.

Re: I say we got em so use em!

Oct 5, 2012, 7:34 PM

I am a old tiger but I have to admit the orange jersey and white pants are getting a little boring. We could live a hundred years and not wear out our purple uniforms or the light bulbs in our stadium.

I think orange should be used with purple accents...

Oct 5, 2012, 7:49 PM

In other words, if possible, not just a strictly orange top and purple pants or vis versa but have both colors throughout the uniform with smaller amounts of purple.

I have a design idea that I think is maybe a little over the top but its something that looks nothing like any other schools.

ahem "Fabulous " !

Oct 5, 2012, 7:52 PM

Re: The "purple" on the old lettermen jackets looked a lot

Oct 5, 2012, 8:02 PM

The color if the old purple .... Being blueish..... Probably has to do with the dying process. Purple was a hard color to do in the day. I'm no expert .....ask one of the old textile guys.... They'll know

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

True

Oct 5, 2012, 9:12 PM

True, that is why they got away from purple back in the olden/goldendays. The dye was difficult to maintain.

Re: I wonder if the purple haters ar aware

Oct 5, 2012, 8:48 PM

Why change just to change, besides its up to the seniors what color the team wears
Next some on here will be wanting the team to come on the field out of the locker room so no one will get hurt running down the hill

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Barney is purple, now that strikes fear***

Oct 5, 2012, 8:50 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can go with most any scheme, but leave the helmet alone.

Oct 5, 2012, 9:57 PM

Age 65 class of 1969

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

True that, class of '***

Oct 5, 2012, 10:02 PM

1984***

Oct 5, 2012, 10:03 PM

Replies: 15
| visibility 1,708
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive