Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I just read where an national writer said NC State can beat
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

I just read where an national writer said NC State can beat

Jul 18, 2017, 10:23 PM

Clemson and FSU this year because State was a play away from beating Clemson. Well, yes they were. But they were also about 4 plays away from losing by 30! That game should never have been close....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I just read where an national writer said NC State can beat

Jul 18, 2017, 10:25 PM

Right , we self destructed 3 offensive drives .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jul 18, 2017, 10:30 PM

I agree with the writer and with you. I think that could be Clemson's toughest game outside of FSU.

We have gone up there a lot with a better team and LOST.***

Jul 18, 2017, 10:31 PM

I will never forget the year we were driving down the field

Jul 18, 2017, 10:33 PM

on the way to score, when Patrick Sapp went back to pass on about there 30, scrambled backwards about 30 yards, then fumbled and the ball roled to about our 15 and the Pack recovered...all downhill from there as I remember....

Re: I will never forget the year we were driving down the field

Jul 18, 2017, 11:03 PM

One of my biggest heartbreaks was some time in the mid/late 80s against NCS in the Valley. State dominates the first half and Clemson was 30-0 at he half. Then the Tigers make an incredible turnaround in the second half. The Valley was rocking and we managed to make the game 30-28....had the ball...but stalled somewhere around midfield and time ran out. I was like 12 years old and I was devastated. Still have a textile bowl towel from athat game.

Rodney threw 50 passes in the second half I think.....***

Jul 18, 2017, 11:10 PM

Jul 18, 2017, 11:25 PM [ in reply to Re: I will never forget the year we were driving down the field ]

I was at that game also, no way we should have been down by 30 and we should have taken a couple shots downfield without holding. That game was a heart breaker but I was thankful we came back because the valley was silent minus the boos at halftime. Danny came out with another team in the second half.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Jul 19, 2017, 7:21 AM [ in reply to Re: I will never forget the year we were driving down the field ]

we would have won that game. I remember it too. 3rd down at midfield, Rodney threw a quick slant and the ref got in the way and busted up the play. On 4th Rodney threw the same slant again, and you guessed it, ref in the way again. Both times the play would have picked up the first down.
That game hurt. But loved how the Tigers fought back. Everyone there was screaming loudly and believed we were gonna pull it out. Heck we only need about 20 more yards to win it with a field goal.

Jul 18, 2017, 10:33 PM

To elaborate State got more confidence in the 4th quarter of that game. That's one of the few times in the last ten years I've seen a team push Clemson around a little in the 4th quarter.

I just watched that game last week. The refs took over late

Jul 18, 2017, 10:36 PM

in the 4th. On our last drive, we were moving down the field on the State side of the 50 and then back to back holding calls and we had to punt. Then State got back to back interference calls I think and they dadgum almost won it, but that kicker got the FSU bug. Wide right....

Re: I just watched that game last week. The refs took over late

Jul 18, 2017, 11:14 PM

They were lucky to be in the game. Fall an was knocked out of the game on an obvious targeting call that wasn't called. We weee driving at ease and he funbled on that play. Then we were on the goal line and our backup rb fumbled. Gallman would t have done that.

We fumbled two more times on plays where we broke a tackle and then fumbled. If we didn't fumble 4 times we win by 40

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 18, 2017, 11:15 PM

*meant to type 20

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

20,40,49...it's not much different,if different at all......***

Jul 18, 2017, 11:18 PM

Jul 19, 2017, 11:37 AM [ in reply to Re: I just watched that game last week. The refs took over late ]

We kept NC State in game. We kept UL in game. We kept Pitt in game. We kept Troy in game. However, turnovers was the rule for the team not the exception until the end of the year. Finally after we lost to Pitt, we got our act together.

As a result, all the "we should have been them if not for self destruction" doesnt hold water since that is what the team did up until Pitt. That is who,we were for 3/4 the season.

Once we became focused - what a thing,of beauty.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 14, 2014, 9:34 PM [ in reply to I just watched that game last week. The refs took over late ]

Interesting. All I remember is them running the ball after they got passed midfield. They picked up 2 or 3 first downs just lining up and running it.

Yeah, we got it down to about the 25 and looked like we were

Jul 18, 2017, 11:20 PM

going to take it in to go up 7...holding, holding, now back at the 45 maybe. Punted. Then they get two big penalties and almost won the game if they could kick...

Although we could lose that game,

Jul 18, 2017, 11:20 PM

they are like we used to be. They invest everything they have in a couple of games and then don't show up in a few others.

That's the most important thing that Dabo has brought. Bring it every week.

SCAR was 5 points away from winning in 2015, then they ...

Jul 19, 2017, 9:04 AM

... then they narrowed the gap to only 49 points away the next season.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We have lost to them once since 2003***

Jul 19, 2017, 9:09 AM

Jul 19, 2017, 11:40 AM

Some predicting big things for the Pack this year:

https://twitter.com/ArkyShea/status/887672933224730624

Re: I just read where an national writer said NC State can beat***

Jul 19, 2017, 11:50 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Not to mention we were without Gallman

Jul 19, 2017, 11:46 AM

Doeren gets fired this year.

Mark it down.

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic