Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I was thinking about how Dabo leads the team down The Hill
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

I was thinking about how Dabo leads the team down The Hill

Jun 2, 2017, 1:49 AM

And I tried to remember our past coaches running down The Hill. I remember Bowden being up there but couldn't remember him running down it. I don't remember West, Hatfield or Ford running down it.
I found a video of Bowden leading our team down The Hill, and in true fashion he was off to the side and a little behind.
https://youtu.be/Gjxe2q0Fxjs

Does anybody have any videos of past coaches running down The Hill? Did they run down The Hill, or were they already on the sidelines? Would an overweight coach be made to run down The Hill, if so would that deter him from taking the job? All questions I have at 1:42 tonight.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great early AM question..

Jun 2, 2017, 1:53 AM

But don't know & must git to bed before I roll down a HiLL. LoL

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Great early AM question..

Jun 2, 2017, 6:49 AM

Good question. Has Clemson ALWAYS run down the hill? I don't really see Coach Howard doing that.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's why we hired Dabo and not Friedgen.***

Jun 2, 2017, 2:48 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: That's why we hired Dabo and not Friedgen.***

Jun 2, 2017, 6:54 AM

Researched on my own. In the first game in 1942 at Death Valley, the tiger players came out of Fike and the closest way to the stadium was down the bank at the stadium. Though, I don't know if Frank came down with them. The team has been running down the hill ever since.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 2, 2017, 7:17 AM

I believe they actually stopped running down the hill after the locker rooms in the stadium were built but then a coach (Ingram?) brought it back in an effort to spark the team

Jun 2, 2017, 7:32 AM

Red Parker.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Red Parker

Jun 2, 2017, 8:05 AM

Remember his ice cream stand on the corner in front of what is now Subway?

Jun 2, 2017, 7:38 AM [ in reply to Re: That's why we hired Dabo and not Friedgen.*** ]

Oh, and it stopped for two seasons because of the lockers posted above.

Although I'm not so sure red came up with it on his own. I do remember us fans who sat on the hill complaining about it.

I can't imagine how it would have been with tnet in them days.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 2, 2017, 7:46 AM [ in reply to Re: That's why we hired Dabo and not Friedgen.*** ]

Idiot Hootie stopped it. Parker restarted it. Give credit where it is due. Ben Anderson went to Hootie and got it for the poor Hootie era seniors on their last game

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 2, 2017, 8:58 AM [ in reply to That's why we hired Dabo and not Friedgen.*** ]

Could you imagine Ralph or Charlie Weis running down the hill. It'd be a sight to see.

Of course CTB ran down the hill. What would he have done?

Jun 2, 2017, 8:09 AM

Got back on the bus and went to the locker room?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: Of course CTB ran down the hill. What would he have done?

Jun 2, 2017, 7:29 PM

The guy was so disconnected he rode in a State Trooper car ahead of the buses & walked to The Hill never acknowledging the fans he walked through to get to Howard's Rock. I'm honestly surprised he even showed up to go down The Hill at all

Re: I was thinking about how Dabo leads the team down The Hill

Jun 2, 2017, 8:48 AM

Coach Howard would walk down behind them as I recall from footage I've seen

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pretty sure they all have

Jun 2, 2017, 11:59 AM

maybe not with the same wind sprint like vigor that Dabo does. But I don't remember any of them just waiting at the bottom...unless it was Sr day or something.

Re: I was thinking about how Dabo leads the team down The Hill

Jun 2, 2017, 1:20 PM

Tommy allowed too many players to move past The Rock before the cannon went off, commonly referred to on Tiger Net at the time as "Hill Leakage". This always bothered me... felt like it took something away from the entrance for half the team to be down the hill before the cannon went off. Dabo has them all back behind The Rock as it should be!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think every coach since 1973 has run down the hill with

Jun 2, 2017, 1:26 PM

the team.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic