Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Elite 11 Live video- CU commit Zerrick Cooper
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Elite 11 Live video- CU commit Zerrick Cooper

Jun 7, 2015, 5:06 PM

http://247sports.com/Article/Elite-11-Semifinals-live-stream-37624999

2016 Clemson QB commit is scheduled to compete today- as are Wake commit #16 QB Jamie Newman, scar commit Brandon McIlwain, UGA's Jacob Eason, and others. Malik Henry, an FSU commit, is scheduled to compete after making headlines this week with his dismissal from IMG Academy. Sources say he clashed with coaches and had 'recurring attitude issues.' This kid transfers more than a troubled SEC player. One interesting prospect to watch could be Duke commit Chazz Surratt, who was offered by Clemson. I've been following him for a while and definitely see his potential. He's a pretty good athlete who has lined up at multiple positions. Here's what I have on him and Cooper, FWIW-

QB- Zerrick Cooper 6-3 200 Jonesboro, GA Jonesboro HS

Committed to CU on 10/11/14. "Cooper said it was the combination of the relationship he has formed with Swinney and his top recruiter Chad Morris that made him commit. I feel like I can trust them,” Cooper said. “I think we have a good relationship that a coach and player needs. I knew of my decision before the visit Saturday. I just felt comfortable making the decision right now.” Invited to Nike Elite 11 QB Camp. MVP of the Cam Newton 7 on 7 series in Atlanta. Recorded a 4.7 40 yard dash. As a Jr, 83-156 1,200 yds 6 TD (missed most of season with injury, currently rehabing) As a Soph, 2,200 pass yds 23 TDs, 404 rush yds and 11 TDs. According to ESPN, Cooper is a 4* prospect, the #8 QB with an 82 grade, and the number 98 overall prospect.
For video highlights; http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3330714/zerrick-cooper

A read: "Clemson 2016 QB commit Zerrick Cooper was one of five high school quarterbacks that ESPN compared favorably to Heisman award-winner Marcus Mariota in terms of being under-valued in high school but with loads of potential."

"He missed his whole junior season due to a torn ACL," said ESPN recruiting analyst Gerry Hamilton in a Recruiting Nation video. "In recruiting you are kind of forgotten if you don't play. While Clemson fans are familiar with him there is no junior video. There is no further evaluation for Cooper. So while he is ranked No. 98 in the ESPN 300 he hasn't been seen since last spring essentially. Since he is rehabbing his knee he more likely will not compete in any Elite 11 or quarterback challenges and probably not in spring practice. So he is a guy that will head into his senior year, while he is ranked, it is really an unknown the level of talent that he is right now. He is a 6-5, 200-pound kid. He is physically gifted with a high upside. So he is essentially a year behind other quarterbacks right now. Again that makes his ceiling very high."

More Highlights:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFDv720NUBQ

Interview
:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtlM4VVR1uY

QB/ Ath - Chazz Surratt 6-3 210 East Lincoln High, Denver, NC

Gave a verbal to Duke on 4/21/15. Offered by Clemson on 10/1/13. 4* #11 QB by Yahoo Rivals. 24/7 Composite #11 Dual Threat QB, # 317 overall. Runs a 4.5 40. Recently led East Lincoln to a 16-0 season, 2A state title and was named State Player of the Year by NCPreps. This is his second state title while at the helm for East Lincoln. He completed 66.3 percent of his passes for 4,349 yards and 53 touchdowns with 13 interceptions while rushing for 1,272 yards and 20 touchdowns. Surratt broke Chris Leak’s state record for total yards in a season. In 2012, had 562 rush yds with 8 TDs, 288 pass yds 2 TDs, 56 catches for 1,107 yds 13 TDs, 64 tackles with two sacks and 4 INTs. Has offers from UT, UNC, GT, Wake, NCSU, BC, Duke, and ECU. Has played QB, RB, WR, and DB. Is a tremendous athlete who can plays multiple positions. Also has a 4.4 GPA. Also a basketball player.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhbfuLFpgxM

Video highlights: www.hudl.com/athlete/1580351/highlights/.../v2

Short read on Surratt from opposing coach Sean Joyce, "Joyce remembers how a heavy rain pelted the field in the fourth quarter. He thought it might slow East Lincoln’s passing game. Joyce changed his defense to position more defenders near the line of scrimmage. “The whole time, I’m sitting there thinking, ‘No way they’re going to throw in this weather. We’ll send pressure,’ ” Joyce said. “And doggone it, if (Chazz) didn’t throw a strike, about 60 yards in the air. That broke our back.”
Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2014/09/30/5211498/surratt-brothers-sizzle-at-east.html#storylink=cpy

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Elite 11 Live video- CU commit Zerrick Cooper

Jun 7, 2015, 5:14 PM

thanks for making DT a little less DT. Can't wait to hear more about this kid, his sophomore highlights are impressive.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think USuC commit McIlwain won

Jun 7, 2015, 7:17 PM

Or so I was told.

Re: I think USuC commit McIlwain won

Jun 7, 2015, 7:18 PM

MVP - invited to finals

Jun 7, 2015, 7:23 PM

######

It might help if you get switch off your Voxal

Jun 8, 2015, 1:08 AM

Isn't your first shift as a Customer Service Rep over with?

-Tesla

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Jun 7, 2015, 7:22 PM [ in reply to I think USuC commit McIlwain won ]

It's far from over. The kids are trying to make the finals this is just the semis

Jun 7, 2015, 8:06 PM

I seem to recall Mr Watson not having the best elite 11 camp in the finals, finished 9th I believe. But it is hard not to see the similarities between the two with regard to their composure and mechanics. I like this kid a lot more than what we signed last year at the position.

If Coot player won then it's not

Jun 7, 2015, 8:14 PM

legit. Gotta toss out any credibility

Jun 7, 2015, 8:14 PM [ in reply to Re: I think USuC commit McIlwain won ]

Cooper showed some promise but might not get an invite

Jun 7, 2015, 8:29 PM

It is one thing to play 7 on 7 and compete in skill drills, and and entirely different thing when you got a 300 lb tackle bearing down on you and you are on the big stage. I see this kid having those intangibles, but that is just a gut feeling at this point. You also have to keep ion mind that he is getting over an ACl tear and missed his Junior year.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic