Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I think I (WE) have been unfair to Dabo and Chad.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1,381

I think I (WE) have been unfair to Dabo and Chad.

Oct 19, 2014, 9:36 AM

I am extremely guilty of letting my emotions run amok with Clemson Football. I should probably wait 24 hours before posting anything...like a waiting period to buy a hand gun so you don't shoot up the place...LOL

We don't have the offensive talent that we were spoiled on for the last 3 years and much of the Key talent we have is injured. Zac Brooks, Charone Peake and Watson to name a few.

Chad cannot call the same plays with the players that he has now compared to what he has enjoyed and we fans have frankly been spoiled on 40-50 point offensive games.

For those of you old enough to enjoy the Danny Ford years, these types of games that we have witnessed the last few weeks were normal football back then.....Danny once called it "Let the Defense control the game and not have the Offense Lose it"...or something to that effect.

They are calling the game based upon the talent level over our offensive players.....

Oh yeah, we just finished play some of the best 2 Defenses in the ACC back-to-back and won.

Have the coaches made some bad calls? Sure, but the players screwed up some things too that I am sure they were coached to do.

If this team was as healthy as it could be, I dare say we would be at least 6-1 in control of the ACC.

We are getting to a point in our schedule where were should be fine until Watson returns. GT is the only team before the Coots that scares me. Cole will get better over the month...he was better this week than last week. The Coots are nothing special and I see no reason why we cannot run the table for the rest of the year if we stay healthy.

If we can win 10 games this year with the turn-over and injuries is a signal that this program is solid and will be a force for a while.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Desperate for more Points huh?***

Oct 19, 2014, 9:38 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I promise you a really don't give a <BLANK>...

Oct 19, 2014, 9:40 AM

With that said, you don't appear to care a lot...LOL

So we should forget about the Coaches saying CS gave

Oct 19, 2014, 9:53 AM

us the best chance to win the FSU game? Only to take CS out after a few series in that game? Then there was the taking out of DW in the first half of the GA game after he had a great series. Then there is the hiking the ball back 6 yards to get a few inches plays. Then there is the running plays that rarely have worked this season but CM calls for them anyway. Lets just forget all that

Sometimes S H I T Happens...

Oct 19, 2014, 10:01 AM

After the UGA game the coaches saw enough and CS lost his job.....Some coaches would hang on too long.

Enjoy your misery...you wear it well

Ya and they kept putting CS back in even though the games

Oct 19, 2014, 10:03 AM

were not out of reach for the opposing team

Marlborocountycapon = tigerfanjack

Oct 19, 2014, 10:09 AM

smh

Oct 19, 2014, 9:49 AM [ in reply to Desperate for more Points huh?*** ]

smh

I hope you find your butte banging buddy soon so you will

Oct 19, 2014, 9:54 AM

stop pining away for him

Oct 19, 2014, 9:57 AM

mizzou and kentucky

Well said....maybe we should go ahead

Oct 19, 2014, 9:39 AM

And say no one should sell us guns or bricks during the season.

My family won't let me go to Lowe's for that very reason...I can't buy bricks!

Re: I think I (WE) have been unfair to Dabo and Chad.

Oct 19, 2014, 9:44 AM

I think it's a realistic post. And I'm with you, I get mad at Chad and Cole etc in the moment but to post it ? As if I could do better or know better? I'm glad we have the program we have... Top to bottom.

Good post.....I am guilty of that too. I remember back in

Oct 19, 2014, 10:11 AM

80's the last 2 games are so much like the Danny Ford years...Great Defense, good special teams and enough offense to win the game. I loved those years! I gotten spoiled fast with those 40-50 points games recently....Yesterday was a tough game to watch but at the end I am always proud to be a Clemson Tiger ;)

Oct 19, 2014, 10:18 AM

Total BS! Chad was making innovative play calls when he was at Tulsa and didn't have 1/4 of the talent that we currently have. I don't know what happened to him, but he is very vanilla now.

Oct 19, 2014, 10:44 AM

This is not like the Danny years. Danny's teams were built from the ground up to play that style of football. Great O-line, great backs, great special teams and great defense. Dabo's teams are built around tempo and speed on both sides of the ball. We are lucky that we have a defense that is as good as it is otherwise this would be a very long season. Don't think for a second that this is how Chad and/or Dabo drew it up at the start of the season.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1,381
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic