»
Topic: dear gamecoot players/recruits
Replies: 24   Last Post: Aug 12, 2014 7:10 PM by: markb1127
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.


[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 24  

dear gamecoot players/recruits

[1]
Posted: Aug 12, 2014 10:46 AM
 

I believe that the gamecoots, as of now, will have to cut/transfer 7 scholarship spots from their roster before the next signing day. Unless they pull another "Blue" and don't allow some current recruits to sign.

Any additional commits will add to the cut/transfer number.

pepper thine angus


Re: dear gamecoot players/recruits

[1]
Posted: Aug 12, 2014 10:53 AM
 

I take it you don't know we can take 31 before we have to start culling.


Re: dear gamecoot players/recruits

[1]
Posted: Aug 12, 2014 10:56 AM
 

Yeah that kind of thing happens when you recruit athletes who couldn't qualify for high school.

null


82 scholarship limit for the Whitney

[1]
Posted: Aug 12, 2014 10:59 AM
 

76 on the roster now
14 of which are seniors
27 commits


Got Him

[3]
Posted: Aug 12, 2014 11:02 AM
 





2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09


Re: 82 scholarship limit for the Whitney


Posted: Aug 12, 2014 11:24 AM
 

Actually we will be back to 85 scholarships.


I still don't get 31***


Posted: Aug 12, 2014 11:32 AM
 




Re: I still don't get 31***


Posted: Aug 12, 2014 2:43 PM
 

Let me help
76 minus 14 is 62, plus 27 is 89. Add the 4 to get to 31 and you have 93.
We have 4 walk ons who got 1 year non-renewing scholarships and 4 juniors who are expected to go pro. Gets us down to 85 assuming everyone qualifies, which likely won't happen.


Re: I still don't get 31***


Posted: Aug 12, 2014 2:47 PM
 

Don't give them logic, they can't handle it.


Re: 82 scholarship limit for the Whitney


Posted: Aug 12, 2014 11:34 AM
 

They give a number of scholarships to walk-ons when they are available. If you check you probably find 3-4 that were given one year scholarships.


I stand corrected***


Posted: Aug 12, 2014 11:36 AM
 




Re: I stand corrected***


Posted: Aug 12, 2014 11:37 AM
 

A lot of good those 2 schollys a year they lose for 3 years does. There is always a loop hole to get around a lil penalty like that.


Re: I stand corrected***


Posted: Aug 12, 2014 11:40 AM
 

Same loophole has allowed Clemson to oversign.


Re: I stand corrected***

[1]
Posted: Aug 12, 2014 12:32 PM
 

> Same loophole has allowed Clemson to oversign.

Usuc fan... "yeah. . We had 32 guys commit felony assault on infants... but Clemson had a player that was fined for littering 4 years ago so or its the exact same. Both schools recruit criminals"

I get you are embarrassed and feel the need to defend usuc..at least be logical about it.


Re: I stand corrected***


Posted: Aug 12, 2014 1:13 PM
 

Here is a fact for you. From your own site from last year.
I see Clemson listed but, no "coots".

http://www.tigernet.com/update/CBSSports-Oversigning-Index-9965


Re: I stand corrected***


Posted: Aug 12, 2014 2:51 PM
 

> Here is a fact for you. From your own site from last
> year.
> I see Clemson listed but, no "coots".
>
> http://www.tigernet.com/update/CBSSports-Oversigning-I
> ndex-9965

> Here is a fact for you. From your own site from last
> year.
> I see Clemson listed but, no "coots".
>
> http://www.tigernet.com/update/CBSSports-Oversigning-I
> ndex-9965

;)


Re: I stand corrected***

[1]
Posted: Aug 12, 2014 3:15 PM
 

That article was as of Feb 2013. So things change, people leave, people stay.

What I know is this.. I have never seen Clemson hold onto a recruit that was on the bubble of being "accepted" (not qualifying) until they knew there was no room for him right as Fall camp was starting. Spurrier and staff over recruited Blue and had buyers remorse when schollies started filling up. But he held onto him just in case one of the other guys didnt "qualify" until the last minute. It was selfish and totally screwed the kid! We all know that if you can "qualify" and the program wants you, you will be "accepted" to any SEC school... Totally a case of buyers remorse. Even diehard coot fans will tell you that..


Re: I stand corrected***


Posted: Aug 12, 2014 3:24 PM
 

We have 76 scholarship athletes including 4 walkons with scholarships. How in the world can you say he was not admitted because of numbers. There is a reason he has not landed anywhere yet. Unfortunately coot u can't defend itself.


Re: I stand corrected***


Posted: Aug 12, 2014 3:29 PM
 

So we didn't want Dexter Wideman or Dante Sawyer or Jhaustin Thomas this year. These 3 all played a position of need. Take off your orange colored glasses and check your hatred at the door and use your Clemson educated brain. If we didn't push those 3 through why would we bend the rules for a fb/lb.


Re: I stand corrected***


Posted: Aug 12, 2014 4:43 PM
 

Mike davis will be going pro afyer this year, that will open one up.


Re: I stand corrected***


Posted: Aug 12, 2014 6:48 PM
 

15 yds on 22 carries.
Yeah , he ready.

2019 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

DB23


Re: I stand corrected***


Posted: Aug 12, 2014 7:09 PM
 

I could be wrong but I think the coaches really want Blue. We could use him.


Re: I stand corrected***

[1]
Posted: Aug 12, 2014 1:38 PM
 

No matter what, they still got off extremely easy from those violations in 2012. It really doesn't matter either, they sign so many cause those know at least 5 or 6 won't qualify or they'll release. It takes 28 recruits to crack the top 10 at this point early in recruiting, they will drop once everyone else catches up in numbers.


Re: I stand corrected***


Posted: Aug 12, 2014 7:10 PM
 

Yeah, we will drop some in the rankings but we will have a great class. Don't care about rankings.


Re: 82 scholarship limit for the Whitney


Posted: Aug 12, 2014 11:39 AM
 

How in the world do they have only 76 kids on scholarship. Isn't that only 2.5 recruiting classes for them.


Replies: 24  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Boston College
FOR SALE: BC. 4 TICKETS. 50 YARD LINE. LOWER SOUTH. SEC F. ROW OO: SEATS 9,11. ROW RR: SEATS 19,21. Can Split ...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
2312 people have read this post