Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I say the Clemson Lights app > Balloons.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

I say the Clemson Lights app > Balloons.

Jul 30, 2018, 12:44 PM

I think some well-orchestrated interactive programming on the Clemson Lights app could enhance the most exciting 25 seconds in college football more than the traditional balloons. Your thoughts?

https://youtu.be/j4fRtgmo92Q

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS

Re: I say the Clemson Lights app > Balloons.

Jul 30, 2018, 12:46 PM

Can you explain what that is to the layman ... and also how no sea turtles can be harmed by it ?

TIA in advance :)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jul 30, 2018, 1:00 PM

https://youtu.be/j4fRtgmo92Q

https://youtu.be/NHNOOPpeKrc

As the app gets more traction with fans, the effects will get more and more homogeneous across the stadium (kinda like those interactive musical Christmas light shows). Some creative production could really take the optics of Death Valley (especially at night) up to a crazy cool level. Also, this would please the Oculus. Hope that HTHs you, Dug!

GO TIGERS

Please show how awesome it is at a nooner.

Jul 30, 2018, 1:05 PM

And the lights can still affect sea turtles and shore birds. Should be banned.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Please show how awesome it is at a nooner.

Jul 30, 2018, 9:12 PM

Have to switch to vibrator-mode for day games ... really let the stadium hum .

DB23

Jul 30, 2018, 1:02 PM [ in reply to Re: I say the Clemson Lights app > Balloons. ]

I actually neglected to consider the potential disorienting effect of these phone lights on any native Hartwellian Sea Turtles. I am...ashamed. #turtlepower

GO TIGERS

Jul 30, 2018, 1:06 PM

I pretty sure these lights would hurt turtles in the Atlantic. For sure.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jul 30, 2018, 1:45 PM

Maybe we could start a #godark movement at the stadium to raise awareness for sea turtle migration disorientation and stuff syndrome (STMDAS), caused in no small part by phone screens. Just cut all lights off as soon as the final whistle blows and let people try to find their way out in the dark. Give ‘em a taste of what it’s like for loggerheads to see the Clemson Lights and feel completely discombobulated.

I feel such a weight of guilt lifted now that I’ve offered some constructive penance for my unsavory OP opinion. Thanks Swimmer.

??

GO TIGERS

Jul 30, 2018, 2:00 PM

Final whistle? No whistle. Just end football. Completely. For the children.

Jul 30, 2018, 2:02 PM

This had the opportunity to be awesome, but from what I've heard the sound was off and there was some noise (Auburn band I think) that was blocking out the signal.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 30, 2018, 2:10 PM

There are all kinds of crazy lasers that can used at night that would look awesome. We might blind a few pilots, but the turtles would be safe.

Jul 30, 2018, 2:12 PM

How about the lights at night and balloons during day games?

Jul 30, 2018, 2:17 PM

I think most of the turtles have T-Mobile so they won't have good enough reception to be harmed.

Good idea!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 30, 2018, 6:53 PM

I never gave it much thought before but i think you're right. Turtles would use T-Mobile.

Jul 30, 2018, 7:08 PM

Why don't we water paint a bunch of turtles orange and let them lead the charge down the hill and it will be the most exciting Two and half days in college football!!

Jul 30, 2018, 9:30 PM [ in reply to Re: I say the Clemson Lights app > Balloons. ]

Turtles sure as heck wouldn’t use Sprint...

GO TIGERS

Jul 30, 2018, 9:31 PM

It's been said that flashing lights/strobes can cause seizures. I say wait until the cluckers come to town and then unleash it. At least Bentley could blame his flopping on the lights.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He lacks the execution ability to flop during the strobe lights.

Jul 30, 2018, 10:28 PM

But blame them he shall.

GO TIGERS

Jul 30, 2018, 10:31 PM

How’s that going to work for day games ?

Jul 31, 2018, 6:17 AM

Tough to say how visible something like that would be at a noon kickoff - might need to have the Oculus order up some more of those total solar eclipses for early game times.

GO TIGERS

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic