Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I know he hasn't started yet, but Stoudt reminds me of
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 4,283

I know he hasn't started yet, but Stoudt reminds me of

Jun 7, 2014, 11:27 AM

McCarron from Alabama. He's a "game manager", someone who can make throws when he needs to, but isn't expected to go out and win the game from his talent alone. I think Dabo realizes this too. If you look at Bama's championship teams, they won from stellar defenses, strong running game (RB by committee) and a QB who doesn't turn the ball over and completes intermediate passes down field. I believe this is what we're going to see from the tigers this year

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Stoudt will take less chances than Boyd and hit the check

Jun 7, 2014, 11:39 AM

downs. We'll be more run-oriented. Only flaw in Stoudt's game is his quickness in executing the play-action fakes that are so prominent in Morris's offense. However, I am sure Stoudt has worked hard on his quickness in the pocket. Boyd on tape, he's super quick when it comes to play fakes and evading the pass rush.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Stoudt will take less chances than Boyd and hit the check

Jun 8, 2014, 9:18 AM

Cole is tall enough and well disciplined enough to run the option read from under center. Boyd was neither. He has the ability to throw the ball where he wants it to be even in space which comparable to Boyd.

He's not going to be asked to plow through a defensive player as often as Tajh was but as you insinuated we'll have others to handle that.

I hated to see Tajh go for all his effort and dedication but at times last season I wondered if Cole shouldn't have been in the game rather than him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They won championships by playing an easy ooc schedule...

Jun 7, 2014, 11:52 AM

and having the BCS set up to always include an $EC team in the national title game. They have never been able to defend the HUNH. I hope Stoudt is better than Mr. Handoff.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I know he hasn't started yet, but Stoudt reminds me of

Jun 7, 2014, 11:56 AM

I agree in part - but disagree with Dabo recognizing Stoudt being able to do what you stated. If he recognized that sooner, then we wouldn't have lost 5-in-a-row to the chickens. I've waited 3 years to watch Stoudt take the helm. I still think he was the better QB and showed it every Spring Game - but I guess that was never enough for Dabo and Morris to see these qualities in Stoudt or to give him a chance to start games like SCST and run the entire offense. I never will understand their logic in that.

All in with Tajh - great leader, but like Stoudt's calmness

Jun 7, 2014, 12:05 PM

Tajh was brilliant until he got rattled. I think Stoudt will be calmer and not give points away!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

hope he won't get shook up after a hit like our last QB***

Jun 7, 2014, 5:18 PM [ in reply to Re: I know he hasn't started yet, but Stoudt reminds me of ]

Tajh was a MAJOR part of our rush attack. I highly doubt

Jun 7, 2014, 10:45 PM [ in reply to Re: I know he hasn't started yet, but Stoudt reminds me of ]

Stoudt would have been able to get the tough yardage with his frame at the beginning of last season. I believe he was hovering just above 200 lbs...

That may sound decent, but at 6'4", that's pretty lanky. I highly doubt our offense would have been as balanced with Stoudt in the past few seasons. Tajh was a bruiser and didn't mind lower his head to get that tough yardage that was needed.

I'm as excited to see Stoudt as anyone, but I also trust in the coaches decisions. I'd be willing to bet they know and see much more than we do.

We needed Tajh the past 3 years

Jun 7, 2014, 11:48 PM [ in reply to Re: I know he hasn't started yet, but Stoudt reminds me of ]

simply to be the short yardage back we lacked. Stoudt wouldn't have been able to give us that.

People have bashed our OL the past few years for not being able to run up the gut, but as big of a part of that is the fact that we haven't had a back capable of doing that other than Tajh. That isn't the case now, and I think a lot of people....Clemson fans and otherwise....are going to be surprised at what this offense is really capable of doing.

Contrary to popular belief Stoudt isn't going to be Dan Fouts reincarnated. He might not be Woody Dantzler, but he is mobile enough to keep a defense honest, and that is going to open things up more for this offense than most folks realize.

Jun 7, 2014, 12:12 PM

Stoudt reading defense better and quicker will overcome the quickness that Boyd had if any.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 7, 2014, 12:54 PM

Alabama won with extremely good offensive line play. We simply don't have that and it will be our achilles heel all season. Thankfully we're finally recruiting a good OL class for 2015 but that won't help us this year and likely won't bear fruit until 2016 or 17.

"Freshman" at 13% - you are failing boy!***

Jun 7, 2014, 2:15 PM

Jun 8, 2014, 12:14 AM [ in reply to Re: I know he hasn't started yet, but Stoudt reminds me of ]

We were recruited some very good offense lineman. But had some very bad luck that several had career ending injuries

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

last like McCarron, Cole will be much more than a manager

Jun 7, 2014, 1:53 PM

AJ was a gun slinger when necessary and had a few last minute miracles of his own. AJ was a vastly under rated college QB. Cole will do more than just manage.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 7, 2014, 7:31 PM

803tiger......now I don't begrudge anyone for looking through orange colored glasses, but please get a grasp on reality. Comparing Stoudt to McCaron is like comparing apples and oranges. McCaron did his work against the highest competition. About the only thing you have ever seen Stoudt do in a game situation is loon effective against second, or third, teamers in game long since decided. Without victories over both UGA and FSU, which isn't likely, I fully expect Watsons time to increase drastically and for him to be the starter as the year progresses. No need to discuss the red shirt angle. If the kid is as good as advertised, and as good as everyone predicts, he won't be here past three years anyway. Does anyone really think that Stoudt has an NFL future? The answer is no. Watson probably does.

Watson has to beef up - injured in 2 of last 3 live action

Jun 7, 2014, 9:20 PM

last game in h.s. and second live scrimmage this fall. I think you underrate Stoudt, and unless Watson beefs up in a hurry, he needs to redshirt just like Winston, Boyd and Johnny FB. And Stoudt has played against much tougher competition than Watson!

The answer is YES...***

Jun 7, 2014, 9:51 PM [ in reply to Re: I know he hasn't started yet, but Stoudt reminds me of ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The answer is YES...***

Jun 7, 2014, 10:34 PM

Yes, CS will have a great year and be drafted in the late rounds. He has the height and the pocket presence. Needs to improve arm strength.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The comparison was simply between the role Stoudt and

Jun 8, 2014, 11:23 AM [ in reply to Re: I know he hasn't started yet, but Stoudt reminds me of ]

Mccarron had in their offenses

Message was edited by: 803Tiger72®

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're making a #### ton of assumptions on this kid's future

Jun 8, 2014, 1:24 PM [ in reply to Re: I know he hasn't started yet, but Stoudt reminds me of ]

and passing it off as fact. Before last season, you would have been hard pressed to find someone (even on t-net) that thought Hot Rod would have been a thousand yard rusher as the single season starter. Fact is, Stoudt could easily be a strength to this team and seems to be a humble leader.

You also say AJ did his work against the highest competition, but it wasn't JUST AJ. They had talent at every position...key word, balanced. THAT is what the poster is getting at. It's not just Stoudt, but what he is surrounded by. With the fact we run a HUNH offense that seems to trip up a lot of opposing defenses...this team COULD be a nasty team...

I hope

Jun 7, 2014, 10:57 PM

by the end of the season he reminds us of Chris Morocco.

Replies: 20
| visibility 4,283
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic