Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
6-6 teams
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 2,510

6-6 teams

Dec 28, 2014, 4:15 PM

Have NO BUSINESS in a Bowl game of any kind. Now that there are 12 games on schedules, teams should have 7 wins to be considered, but NEVER guaranteed. The 6 win "bowl eligible" garbage is a joke. Do away with 2 of those pathetic bowls and make the playoff 8 teams.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 6-6 teams

Dec 28, 2014, 4:18 PM

Agreed.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Some of these bowls are really, really bad. And I'm all

Dec 28, 2014, 4:20 PM

for an 8 team playoff as it is. But of course, it "can't be done".

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

But those 2 have nothing to do with each other

Dec 28, 2014, 4:29 PM

No one is arguing that their can't be an 8 team playoff due to the lower tier bowl games. I mean there's no correlation between those two things.

That said, I fail to understand anyone arguing for less football to watch through the holidays. I don't get it and never have. Sure, there are inevitably some clunkers, but there is an infinitely better chance of a good game to watch between two mediocre teams than there is if the game is never played.

I just don't see the harm or damage in more to watch.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I know - I was just responding to the OP, and even though I

Dec 28, 2014, 5:32 PM

addressed each one separately, I failed to make that distinction.

If any two teams agree to play each other, then I'm all for it. There is certainly no harm in it. A lot of these bowls are really rewards for mediocrity, however, between two teams that really aren't very good, and are of little interest to anyone other than the fans of the particular schools or those who may have a personal interest for one reason or another. So, while I'm don't care if they have these bowls, they just hold little interest for me.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: I know - I was just responding to the OP, and even though I

Dec 28, 2014, 6:54 PM

They will continue to play them for the added practice time.

And I don't blame them. It's just bad from a football/

Dec 28, 2014, 7:57 PM

entertainment standpoint.

- H. L. Mencken

should that thinking extend to 10 win seasons as well?

Dec 28, 2014, 4:21 PM

should 11 be the new 10?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: should that thinking extend to 10 win seasons as well?

Dec 28, 2014, 4:30 PM

I see what you're saying, and that's a great point. I just believe that a team should be rewarded with a bowl IF they at least have a winning season. Winning a equal number as you lose does not deserve recognition at all. Just mho. If money is the NCAA logic, an 8 team playoff would bring way more money than a 1000 fan "Independence Bowl" or a "Pinstripe Bowl." Also, I think Baylor or TCU this year could beat ANY of the 4 that are in now on any given day.

there might be too many now, but i lean toward agreeing

Dec 28, 2014, 4:39 PM

with thom; more football is good, less football is bad.

there was a time when there were very few bowls and some very good teams with good seasons went unrewarded. i think georgia tech got a waiver a couple years ago then went on to beat usc in their bowl.

it looks like baylor & tcu got bit by padding their schedule with embarrassing 12th regular season game. it's those instances that i hope will be eliminated. if the sos or schedule is 'worthwhile" maybe the bowl set up will be more appropriate?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: there might be too many now, but i lean toward agreeing

Dec 28, 2014, 4:50 PM

Oh, I agree, more is much better. That's a problem with what I'm suggesting. I just wish we could have more while at the same time eliminating the 6 win, .500 teams. Maybe put some 8 or 9 win div II schools in there. There are many div II schools that would travel way better than what we saw yesterday in Shreveport, and give us a 100% better ball game. That was an embarrassment. Just brainstorming.

yeah 11 should be the new 10***

Dec 28, 2014, 4:32 PM [ in reply to should that thinking extend to 10 win seasons as well? ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 28, 2014, 4:22 PM

I will only disagree for this single reason....going to Steveport is, in it's on special way, a worse he!! than even staying home in Cooterville! What few fans that were there in that depressing high school stadium were wet as dogs.., I mean coots! Even if we lose, I think we are already better off than those poor ignorant souls!

Haha! Ikr.***

Dec 28, 2014, 4:23 PM

The Duck Dynasty Bowl was one of the worst played college...

Dec 28, 2014, 4:31 PM

football game I have seen all season. That game was all about who was going to be the last team to screw up. That was the deciding factor in the game. Miami's offensive coord is a terrible play caller. Don't get all the Al Golden love. What has he done to be considered a good coach?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Only the media loves Al Golden. Miami fans want him gone.***

Dec 28, 2014, 7:58 PM

Dec 28, 2014, 4:43 PM

Have NO BUSINESS.Go tell that to Steve and Al in person
and see what kind of BUSINESS you get in return.

Dec 28, 2014, 4:53 PM

Two 8 win Div II teams better deserved the Independence Bowl than those two .500 hacks we saw yesterday.....and would probably sell more tickets.

I would say...

Dec 28, 2014, 4:47 PM

8 wins and you're in... and if not, you're done for the season.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

While I agree in principal, there is obviously enough demand

Dec 28, 2014, 5:22 PM

to warrant these games.

As far as I am concerned, the more college football, the better.

I may choose to skip a few, but I always get kinfa' sad when I think abotu it being a week away from a dearth of CFB.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Yep the duck bowl was a waste of time and cost the undeserving teams too much money to participate***

Dec 28, 2014, 5:27 PM

Dec 28, 2014, 6:11 PM

Agree...They should at least go back to the rule that FCS victories don't count toward the required 6 needed to be bowl eligible.

I don't mind because I love watching college football and

Dec 28, 2014, 7:56 PM

and I try to watch as many games as I can.

Replies: 22
| visibility 2,510
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic