Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I gotta be honest, I think I'm about done.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

I gotta be honest, I think I'm about done.

Dec 18, 2019, 1:32 PM

Lately, I've been trying to give everyone the benefit of the doubt, hoping to see some sort of order come out of our federal government. I've given the House benefit of the doubt with their impeachment inquiry, working from the mindset that they were pursuing justice. I've given the President the benefit of the doubt, presuming his innocence. I've given the Senate the benefit of the doubt, trusting what they decide to do with an impeachment. All the while, trying to ignore the partisanship, and "team sport" mentality.

But as I'm tracking the "debate" about articles of impeachment, and read posts here, and on social media, I feel like I'm on an island by myself, and I'm yelling from the bottom of the ocean. Nobody is listening, and definitely nobody cares. All I've succeeded at is making people from both "sides" think I'm nuts. I don't know what the way back from this is, for the country. I used to think there was a "quiet majority" that had the nation's best interests at heart, not a party "winning". But I don't know where they are. I can't find them. Maybe they've vanished, or maybe they were never there.

So I don't know what the point is of me thinking about and posting about politics. I guess the only benefit is a vent for me. But what good is a vent if it opens to a room filled with smoke? I don't think it's doing anything.

I'd think I'd like to post more about the Bible and religious topics and leave the politics to those who enjoy it more. Even though I don't think my posts have been very effective lately, if ever, in convincing anyone of anything, I do think I can at least say that I've tried to be kind and respectful to everyone. And I'll try not to stop doing that.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the "quiet majority" is not poasting on the internet

Dec 18, 2019, 1:36 PM

and nobody is going to change their mind on anything

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

I guess I'll just randomly add this note.

Dec 18, 2019, 1:37 PM

I don't do this very often, or maybe I never have, but I have a very stressful situation going on in my personal life. Not necessarily a negative thing. Actually, depending on what happens, it will be the best or worst thing to ever happen in my life. So I'd appreciate any prayers.

Remember: unemployment isn't so bad if you know how long

Dec 18, 2019, 1:40 PM

it will last.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.***

Dec 18, 2019, 1:48 PM [ in reply to I guess I'll just randomly add this note. ]

The worst thing that could ever happen in my life...

Dec 18, 2019, 3:18 PM [ in reply to I guess I'll just randomly add this note. ]

already happened over years, maybe a decade. I resisted The Holy Spirit's call to salvation. Then the best thing happened. Then some other good stuff happened because of that. First, I learned that I could not escape God's authority over my life and believe me, I tried.

Then I learned that no matter what happens to me in this world, God remains on His throne and Romans 8:28 is absolute and immutable.

The next best thing which will happen in my life is death. I understand I can not escape death but I'm making it work really hard to get me.

It's like my grandmaw said, "Honey, they can't kill ye and eachie too.'

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Everybody want to go to heaven but nobody want to go now***

Dec 18, 2019, 4:12 PM

Re: I guess I'll just randomly add this note.

Dec 18, 2019, 8:18 PM [ in reply to I guess I'll just randomly add this note. ]

Done

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

National politics is more about getting elected than doing

Dec 18, 2019, 1:39 PM

anything positive for the country. If that weren't true, our debt wouldn't be $22 trillion and counting. And if there is anything republicans and democrats can ever agree on, its self preservation.

Cue Camgee to tell me how cynical and wrong I am.

Re: I gotta be honest, I think I'm about done.

Dec 18, 2019, 1:47 PM

Trump's America.

America elected him.

Dec 18, 2019, 1:54 PM

America doesn't belong to the President. Quite the opposite.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: America elected him.

Dec 18, 2019, 5:10 PM

He has a huge cult following where he owns them. He is their god. Yeah this is Trump's America at the moment imo.

Dec 18, 2019, 1:54 PM

Sucks having to dumb down 98% of your conversations to looking like a lunatic. That’s the price of being well informed.

"informed" = zerohedge.com***

Dec 18, 2019, 2:51 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 18, 2019, 1:55 PM

*avoid

Here ya go, buddy.

Dec 18, 2019, 2:03 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJUhlRoBL8M

It’s time for a quick hubris check when you think

Dec 18, 2019, 6:46 PM

You’re the only person in the room with purity and goodness of purpose.

There are many who care most about the country above silly partisanship.....unfortunately they rarely have what it takes to win elections. With the ego, backstabbing, conniving, manipulation, and weasel-y gamesmanship it takes to get into a position to win a major election in our country, it’s no wonder we’re led by sociopaths.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 19, 2019, 10:20 PM

Bruh, you believe a man died and rose from the dead. We already thought you were nuts.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic