Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I for one am getting a little tired of all the coach speak
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

I for one am getting a little tired of all the coach speak

Dec 2, 2016, 3:34 PM

and clichés surrounding the ACCCG. Someone needs to just tell it like it is...

The way I see it, Saturday night at 8:00 will be gut check time. This season has been a process, but we've taken it one game at a time. We've kept our eye on the ball and have always stepped up to the plate. I'm proud of these young men, and the job Dabo has done changing the culture around here. Like he says, it's all about doing the little things, and I truly believe the players have bought in to his system. Now, VT has a pretty good ball team. They don't pull any punches, and have looked very good on film. But in this game, it's not about them, it's about us. This game will be won or lost in the trenches, and our physicality will be tested, no doubt about it. When punched in the mouth, our guys are going to have to answer the bell. I have a lot of respect for the coaching staff at VT and the job they have done, but right now, it's a one game season. There will be no time for Monday morning quarterbacking after this one. Fortunately, we are built for games like this, and at Clemson, it's next man up. Defense wins championships, and our D is the best in the country on any given Saturday.

VT, you want to play hardball? Well, the ball's in your court.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

^this^***

Dec 2, 2016, 3:37 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What do you think about our outfits for the game?***

Dec 2, 2016, 3:41 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Actually the ball is in our court and we need to

Dec 2, 2016, 3:42 PM

1) Hold on to it
2) Score that ####

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Actually the ball is in our court and we need to

Dec 2, 2016, 4:00 PM

There will be no time for Monday morning quarterbacking after this one

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I just hope we can rise to the occasion and control the...

Dec 2, 2016, 3:42 PM

things that we can control. It would be a real shame to beat ourselves out there. If we go out and play "our game" for sixty minutes, we'll walk off the field with that "W."

BTW, your post may be one of the best things I've seen all week. Reminds me of a LeBatard segment called: "Coaching Platitudes"

Re: I for one am getting a little tired of all the coach speak

Dec 2, 2016, 3:52 PM

Heh, heh, heh.......OK Fancis.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fPGq-N_6GM8

As long as there are coaches there will be coach speak.

Dec 2, 2016, 3:58 PM

We've are left to form or own opinions and read between the lives. Oh, also, as long as there is an Internet, there will be Internet speak. GO TIGERS!!!!!!

Re: I for one am getting a little tired of all the coach speak***

Dec 2, 2016, 4:01 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

Two questions

Dec 2, 2016, 4:05 PM

1). 8:00 pm est or cst?
2). Wouldn't ball in your own court be more appropriate in the basketball forum?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 2, 2016, 4:13 PM

@%$@

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

it is what it is***

Dec 2, 2016, 4:18 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

They're blessed to be working...

Dec 2, 2016, 4:27 PM

on their craft before taking their talents to the next level. You forgot to mention it.

We can't be thick on the edge on an RPO.***

Dec 2, 2016, 4:30 PM

Dec 2, 2016, 4:33 PM

Man, for someone tired of all the cliches', you sure spouted them out in a constant stream in your post.

I hope that was tongue in cheek and on purpose.

gut check time
season is a process
stepped up to the plate
changing the culture
it's not about them, it's about us
won or lost in the trenches
punched in the mouth
answer the bell
next man up
defense wins championships
ball is in your court

Please tell me you are pulling our legs. Nothing you said is incorrect, but I'm sorry. By the time I got to the end of your post I was laughing out loud at the absurdity of your first sentence about being tired of coach speak and cliches.

you obviously don't spend a lot of time on this site...

Dec 2, 2016, 4:35 PM

nm

Dec 2, 2016, 4:38 PM [ in reply to Re: I for one am getting a little tired of all the coach speak ]

It's his style. Sarcasm and whatnot

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If by "whatnot" you mean "incomprehensible dribble",

Dec 2, 2016, 4:47 PM

then yes, sarcasm and whatnot.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

you spelled a$$clown wrong***

Dec 2, 2016, 5:53 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Why are you here? Does VT not have their own board?

Dec 2, 2016, 5:21 PM [ in reply to Re: I for one am getting a little tired of all the coach speak ]

TIA

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

potd!!!***

Dec 2, 2016, 5:52 PM

we need to block better, tackle better, and catch better***

Dec 2, 2016, 5:54 PM [ in reply to Re: I for one am getting a little tired of all the coach speak ]

Woosh,,,,***

Dec 2, 2016, 5:57 PM [ in reply to Re: I for one am getting a little tired of all the coach speak ]

no VT fan wants to own this......

Dec 2, 2016, 7:48 PM

7 games against bowl teams. 4-3 in those games, 3 of those wins by 3 points in each (Pitt, Duke, ND). They have a solid team, but they are not on our level. 1-1 against ranked teams, and the one ranked win they have wasn't even ranked until last week. They got blown out by a bad Tennessee team and a Syracuse team. You know what those two games had in common? Away from Blacksburg. What about the 3 point wins against Pitt, Duke, and ND? Yep, away from Blacksburg. Did they have to play the heavyweights of the conference (Us, FSU, Louisville) in the regular season? Nope, Not a single one.

And they want to compare their players to ours? especially our Offense?! GTFOH. There is NO one in the country who can compare to Watson, Gallman, Williams, Cain, Scott, Renfrow (all these guys on the field at the same time!).

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic