Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Charles Schwab Challenge . . .
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Charles Schwab Challenge . . .

Jun 12, 2020, 6:24 PM

Lucas got it to -6 shortly after he began today . . . but 2 double bogies made him struggle to shoot Even Par

Doc faultered early but regrouped to also shoot a Even Par

Both sit at -3 after 2 Rounds and are 8 shots off the lead

https://www.pgatour.com/competition/2020/charles-schwab-challenge/leaderboard.html

After our Tigers, I'm pulling for Harold Varner III . . . though he was born in Ohio, he grew up in the Gastonia area, attending high school there . . . His college days were spent at ECU in LbB's backyard of Greenville, NC

Harold is a small guy but can bomb it with the best of them . . . I love his demeanor on the course . . . He looks to be always having fun . . .

Here's to all three playing well tomorrow!!!

Message was edited by: Skeeta56® - damm auto correct!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, who WAS Charles Schwann?

Jun 12, 2020, 6:31 PM

????

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't pretend to know what goes into what translating

Jun 12, 2020, 7:04 PM

college success to the Tour, but when Doc went out early it didn't seem right to me. He won the US Amateur, which is major league, but it still seemed early, like if Trevor had gone pro last year rather than this year. Bryd, Martin, Glover and Stanley all looked promising. Doc looked like the guy, but I thought he went out a year early.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't pretend to know what goes into what translating

Jun 12, 2020, 7:43 PM

If you knew all of the factors going into making the decision - you would have no doubt he did not go out early.

Jun 12, 2020, 9:33 PM

What I love about the PGA - it's man on man and each man on everybody else. It's not a "team" sport (with few exceptions.) And every stroke counts against you. Rather unique in the Wide World of Sports.

Go Tigers!!!

The claim of secret knowledge has no answer. From a PGA

Jun 13, 2020, 11:14 AM [ in reply to Re: I don't pretend to know what goes into what translating ]

perspective, it seemed early. This wasn't a Jordon Spieth situation in terms of golf. But sure, there were likely many factors, and I wasn't saying he didn't have a right to do whatever he wants to do.

I think Deon Cain left a year early. He was not in a Sammy Watkins situation. I'm sure if I knew all the factors involved I would say he left at the right time. For NFL purposes, I think he left a year early.

Jun 13, 2020, 11:29 AM [ in reply to I don't pretend to know what goes into what translating ]

He has been pretty successful on the tour so far. He just made the cut in the tournament. Why on earth would you think he left early.

Re: Charles Schwab Challenge . . .

Jun 13, 2020, 11:22 AM

I bet you Harold Varner III had a tough upbringing. I am thinking single mom and he was raised in either Gary, Indiana, or Flint Michigan.

Re: Charles Schwab Challenge . . .

Jun 13, 2020, 11:22 AM

Nm

Message was edited by: Carlsbad®

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic