Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Lebron James is a CHEAP!!!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Lebron James is a CHEAP!!!

Feb 27, 2015, 6:36 PM

last night LBJ had 42 pts, 11 reb, 5 ast, 3 stl and 1 block against who many think is the best team in league, the Warriors.

and tonight he's resting against the Pacers.

I have paid to see him play 5 times with the Cavs and the Heat...AND TWO TIMES HE DIDN'T EVEN PLAY!!

WHAT THE HELL happened to just playing the #### game. He's already taken two weeks off for a Nancy injury. He plays his best game of the year and takes the next night off. He makes $21.6M this year..which comes to about $216,000 per game, inlcuding the playoffs, without incentives.

AWW is poor baby a little sore? Give me a break this guy will never be what he wants to be...and that is the greatet player ever. SOFT

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

82 games in a regular season, he is over 30 now...

Feb 27, 2015, 7:05 PM

also has played with the USA team over the years, and witnessed first hand how Dwayne Wade knee injuries affected Wade's game.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

when he was LBJ's age... how many games did

Feb 27, 2015, 7:07 PM

Jordan "rest"

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Re: when he was LBJ's age... how many games did

Feb 27, 2015, 7:12 PM

This ^^^

I didn't compare Lebron to Jordan...

Feb 27, 2015, 7:24 PM [ in reply to when he was LBJ's age... how many games did ]

There will never be a player as good as Jordan, NEVER!!! When Jordan was Lebron's age he was in his first retirement, so Jordan wasn't even playing any games. What Lebron is doing is what is happening with a lot of players. Modern day basketball players have played a whole lot more games than their past predecessors.

I don't buy that for one second

Feb 27, 2015, 7:39 PM

even with the emergence of AAU, one and done's, etc...

Guys during the Jordan years, and before, played every chance they got b/c they loved the game. The NBA, minus just a couple of guys, isn't about the game anymore, and I don't buy for one second they play as much, or more.

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Then you just don't know basketball and you are out of your element...

Feb 27, 2015, 8:43 PM

there are plenty of articles from reporters covering basketball that disprove your assertion.

Well it's entirely possible that the game has just evolved

Feb 28, 2015, 5:54 PM [ in reply to I don't buy that for one second ]

to where that model of (not) resting players is inferior. If nobody was sitting games and resting back then maybe they were all equally tired and run down in the playoffs so the playing field remained equal. Then they began to realize that it was more effective to gives players some games off to rest during the regular season to be fresher for the post season. Now maybe if you DON'T rest your players some you are at a disadvantage in the playoffs against teams that do.

Re: I didn't compare Lebron to Jordan...

Feb 27, 2015, 8:06 PM [ in reply to I didn't compare Lebron to Jordan... ]

At least LBJ is a good person, Jordan was, and is, a huge jerk. If the Internet as we know it today was around when he played, he wouldn't be so beloved.

Big Bulls fan and Jordan fan, but I knew since his...

Feb 27, 2015, 8:45 PM

playing days he has a huge selfish streak.

Feb 28, 2015, 4:50 PM [ in reply to Re: I didn't compare Lebron to Jordan... ]

Where do you get Jordan's a jerk? Competitive? Yes , even during checkers. He's a good guy though

Feb 28, 2015, 4:51 PM [ in reply to Re: I didn't compare Lebron to Jordan... ]

Why do you think there was a like mike commercial and Space jam.

Feb 28, 2015, 5:39 PM

Because the production companies, corporations, and ad agencies knew they could make a butt load of money off him. That one is pretty easy. Mike is not a good dude. The best basketball player ever? Almost certainly. But not a good guy.

Message was edited by: CRobb®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 28, 2015, 5:42 PM

I'm not sure you can base MJ's personality on how he plays, to how he is in real life. Bird, MJ, and Kobe were the biggest jerks on the basketball court, but that is why they were so good. I'm just wondering where this came from? I don't have an opinion, because I don't know MJ personally.

Feb 28, 2018, 12:37 AM

Context: I grew up idolizing Jordan and still think he is the greatest to ever play basketball. I think what sets him apart is his competitiveness and ability to get the best out of his teammates. I am basing my opinion based on what I have seen of him outside of basketball. I really don't intend to go all TMZ, because I really hate that side of society, but I don't respect him very much at all outside of basketball.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good thing you aren't a Spurs fan and paying to see them***

Feb 28, 2015, 5:51 PM

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic