Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I am starting to see the news pivot toward COVID
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 454

I am starting to see the news pivot toward COVID

Nov 17, 2020, 7:19 AM

and away from the silly election fraud thing. That's a good thing, to me. On the way home this morning, probably 20 of the 30 minute ride was on a COVID topic on NPR. As more nothingness happens on the election front, and the COVID numbers continue to get worse, this trend will continue.

It's wonderful to see more great news on vaccines. That makes the medium term future much brighter, six months down the road. But the next couple of months are going a tough governing task for our leaders. I hope their focus turns to this critical issue.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I am starting to see the news pivot toward COVID

Nov 17, 2020, 7:29 AM

They are talking election and Covid right now. They are still consumed with Trump not conceding, and they know it is over, but there also has been a huge spike in Covid cases supposedly. People are shutting things down again etc etc. We have a problem brewing with people being broke and some sick. Did you see those food assistance lines in Texas? Unbelievable.

Nov 18, 2020, 4:49 PM

Yeah, Trump has to get out of the way or even more people will die. And The Reps in the Senate have to move on a stimulus and relief bill or the economy is going to be in serious trouble.

Nov 18, 2020, 5:46 PM

These politicians are ruining lives

Nov 18, 2020, 4:55 PM

suicide, anxiety, depression....if this next wave of lockdowns continute like the first. There will be a revolution.

These politicians, Dem or Repub sit in their nice warm houses and dictate policy while the real people who are out of jobs are unsure of the future while its getting cold and rent is due.

I am almost to a breaking point as well and my situation is much better.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They should have just let it run rampant the first time...

Nov 18, 2020, 5:03 PM

it spiked. I wonder what the psychological impact of fighting the nazis overseas and storming the beaches of Normandy was like for the last generation of Americans who had a set of balls. Now we have everyone running around fretting about everything always.

The ####### dust bowl, the depression, a couple of world wars, rampant poverty and that generation didn't run around whining about psychological impacts. They dug in and pulled to get #### done.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yeah man, lets just go back to that

Nov 18, 2020, 5:10 PM

why dont we just do that and have some stories.

Are you serious with that last post man? this is all for <1% of population

dust bowl was a land management issue and weather. the war was a dictator trying to take over Europe. like what are you talking about?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ironically, the 1% is Comprised of those same people who fought all that other stuff

Nov 18, 2020, 5:26 PM

Now we’re all like, “hey thanks grandpa that I don’t speak German. But sorry you got to make one more sacrifice because I really need my lattes from Starbucks.“

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ironically, the 1% is Comprised of those same people who fought all that other stuff

Nov 18, 2020, 6:17 PM

Ironically, the 1% is Comprised of those same people who fought all that other stuff

Nov 18, 2020, 5:26 PM [ in reply to yeah man, lets just go back to that ]

Now we’re all like, “hey thanks grandpa that I don’t speak German. But sorry you got to make one more sacrifice because I really need my lattes from Starbucks.“

Re: These politicians are ruining lives

Nov 18, 2020, 5:20 PM [ in reply to These politicians are ruining lives ]

I am with you man. U couldn't agree more.

Nov 18, 2020, 5:40 PM

Thank God, I need more covid news.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 454
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic