Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I am having problems with this!!!!!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 3,608

I am having problems with this!!!!!

Jul 3, 2018, 11:25 PM

First people complain that we are getting too many 3*'s. Now we have the big 5* and #1 or 2 DE in the nation saying that he could be open to Clemson because he is cool with Clemson coaches and he loves his previous buddies M Jones and XT he got to know at IMG but many are saying no thanks?!! What???? You Idiots! Now you don't want a 5*??

Seriously!! C'mon!! Think about it! If he is not Clemson material why would CDS and BV still be talking to him? Why waste their time! So now our 3*'s that you bltched about are good enough that we don't need #1's!

Oh, he is too small at 6'3" and 232 going into his senior year? Haha! Really? He is the same weight as KJ coming into Clemson his senior year and he is 20lb heavier than Vic and within 4lbs when Vic got drafted.

You guys need a reality check! So what if the guy is enjoying the recruitment process, great for him! If this fanbase continues this better than others attitude we will get a rude awakening real quick! Used to be if we had a 5* sniff us we would drool!

C'mon fans, we are better than these stupid poo-pooing posts we are making about a 17yr old stud! We need this guy, ask Dabo and BV!

Time for a reality check boys and girls!!!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

welcome to Tigernet

Jul 3, 2018, 11:42 PM

A lot of these people can't be taken seriously. Some just love being negative.

Let's load up the boat with 5 stars. As long as they aren't demetrius summers or Josh belk amirite?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I am having problems with this!!!!!

Jul 3, 2018, 11:47 PM

I highly doubt any are really saying they wouldn't want him... Think they are mostly saying that it's obvious he's likely sticking with UGA and would be shocked to see him flip.... Don't want to waste the time following what seems obvious if it's still 90% he sticks, 10% he considers flipping. Most won't bother with it till the words "I'm opening my recruitment back up" happens.

Jul 4, 2018, 12:07 AM

Well I agree that he is likely UGA bound but why sound negative or say he isn't Clemson material? It just sounds stupid coming from a Clemson fan! We are better than that! If our coaches want him, then I want him!! Pretty simple!

UGA was his first offer, he committed early! Yes it is a little unprofessional to talk about being open to another school but he is 17yrs old. C'mon, some of our fans sound more immature than he does!

I guarantee you not a single person that said he wasn't Clemson material has ever had a word with this guy!!! He could be the most humble dude you ever met or actually knows what committed means which is why he is embarrassed to just quit on UGA. Maybe why he is struggling to de-commit but really does like Clemson and wants to play with MJ and XT. Clemson fans need to get their better than thou head out of their rear and realize we are in a great period of football but that don't mean we can just walk away from nationally #1 players unless they are truly a cancer!

We can't be primma donna's but I'm afraid some have forgot the years after Ford!!

Jul 4, 2018, 12:38 AM

I haven’t forgotten those long almost two decades of almosts. I’m afraid that anymore you’re way too sensible and mature for a large portion of the posts on here.

I understand that a lot is said in jest and tons of peeps on here just want to be comedians and have that great post or pic but some as you so well stated have gone overboard and need to realize this is no longer a closed site.

Mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters and recruits themselves read this stuff and right or wrong gets misconstrued.

We need to be reminded of your message more often. Good thread the other day about whether or not we’ve become entitled. When we become that we lose the will to win.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 4, 2018, 12:45 AM

????

Jul 4, 2018, 6:23 AM [ in reply to Re: I am having problems with this!!!!! ]

That was a looong two decades. Some of our fans are acting like total bandwagon fans full of entitlement. I’m glad to be where we are are. A lot of programs never get to where we are but I also know where we came from.

Any recruit that Dabo offers gets an offer because they can play. Our staff has proven time and time again they can spot talent. I don’t care about the star rating near as much as I trust the staff. Our staff has proven the recruiting services wrong time and time again. At the end of the day I hope recruits are listening to the coaches they will actually be playing for and not some anonymous people on the internet. The internet is full of people saying stupid things on Twitter, Facebook, massage boards etc. Even our leaders in this country can’t show respect for each other. We’re constantly reading headlines about how this person “blasts” or “slams” this other person. There is an overall lack of respect in American culture.

I’m thankful for any athlete who chooses Clemson and represents us well. I know I get on here and have fun but trashing our players or recruits is just not the right thing to do.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 3, 2018, 11:59 PM

Yea I’m not worried about Those type people nothing pleases them. I want Nolan smith to flip to clemson so bad he’s been a guy I’ve wanted on the wish list for the longest. He is a absolute monster and a stud athlete. Seems we have a legit shot at flipping the guy. I can see where some think he might just want to still get love/recruited and stay a Georgia commit but I really don’t think that’s the case I think he can be flipped to us will be difficult but wouldn’t count Dabo, coach v, and staff out. And as far as all the 3 stars go they cry about we have like 30 spots to fill a lot will be 3 stars but our coaches can evaluate and find these 3 stars that fit the system we run and they will do great. Plus some of those 3 stars are now 4 stars and going up (consteinten or how ever you spell it) is a great example. He was a 3 Star when committed maybe a 4 Star in 1 service if not mistaken, now he has blown up at the 5 star rivals challenge and the opening so he’s already a consensus 4 Star now he will continue to rise, others will too but expect some 3 stars in a 28-30 man class. Go Tigers

Jul 4, 2018, 12:00 AM

Could not agree more. Sometimes people forget with social media these days, recruits read stuff or it gets retwitted etc. it’s nice to have a good story on a recruit etc but we really don’t need to know and discuss everything that a 17 year old kid says or does.

Made a huge deal out of O’Neil tweet and gave him exactly what he wanted- attention. That being said, we could possibly lose Dean over this whole mess. We should never have repeated his quote about BV. Some things need to be left private and let the coaches work it out.

You never know what is said to a recruit because of something that may have been said or printed on here.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Unless he pulled it down

Jul 4, 2018, 6:59 AM

There was absolutely nothing wrong with sharing Dean's twitter remark. He was comfortable sharing his relationship with Venables...that's what social media is about. O'Neal injected himself into a conversation he had no part in...and should have had the maturity to realize that. Instead, he made a fool of himself. Believe it, he put a bulls-eye on his back...not for the Clemson game, but for A&M fans to assess whether he can 'walk his talk'. He hurt himself...no one else.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do you realize....

Jul 4, 2018, 12:49 PM

that you have 27 exclamation points and 10 question marks in your message? Take a deep breath. Things will be fine.

Jul 4, 2018, 1:25 PM

Just thank your lucky stars that we don't recruit based on what fans think...phweewww.

On Tigernet

Jul 4, 2018, 1:40 PM

No means Yes
and
Yes means Maybe.

No problems with Nolan Smith from this corner ...

Jul 4, 2018, 11:30 PM

Where's the red, no make that orange carpet. Love to have Nolan Smith at Clemson. IMHO big-boned XT will keep growing, lifting and eating his way to an outside DT.

Plenty of talent at DE no doubt ...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 3,608
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic