Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What Bidenomics will do for you - WSJ/Hoover study...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 1

What Bidenomics will do for you - WSJ/Hoover study...

Oct 19, 2020, 9:47 AM

Pepper thy angus if Hiden Biden is elected...

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-cost-of-bidenomics-11603055037

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Re: What Bidenomics will do for you - WSJ/Hoover study...

Oct 19, 2020, 9:50 AM

“ Overall, the authors estimate that the Biden agenda, if fully implemented, would reduce full-time equivalent employment per person by about 3%, the capital stock per person by some 15%, and real GDP per capita by more than 8%. Compared to Congressional Budget Office estimates for these variables in 2030, this means there would be 4.9 million fewer working Americans, $2.6 trillion less in GDP, and $6,500 less in median household income.”

Yeah, but the awful Tweets will stop, right?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Oct 19, 2020, 10:06 AM

Personality vs Policy. Policy vs Personality. Trump's personality is very aggravating to me, but nice to my 401 K and bank account. Biden is pleasant like a doddering old relative--very pleasant, but very bad for me financially.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If Trump loses, it will be because enough people that

Oct 19, 2020, 12:57 PM

don't care about the stock market don't have jobs. It will also be because of his bafoonish behavior. At any time in the last 3.75 years, Graham, McConnell, or any of their ilk could publicly have told him to cool that #### and voted to make sure he did.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

2030 is a long time away. How about we elect a good

Oct 19, 2020, 10:08 AM [ in reply to Re: What Bidenomics will do for you - WSJ/Hoover study... ]

conservative Republican in 2024, how would the numbers look then?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 19, 2020, 10:12 AM

I will pay extra for our country, as long as Trump is gone.

Oct 19, 2020, 10:15 AM

Yes you will my friend!

Oct 19, 2020, 10:18 AM

Time will tell how much..... probably not much at all.

Oct 19, 2020, 10:21 AM

Dream on, Alice !! Next dumb post.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 19, 2020, 10:23 AM

I hope it works out better for you. Good luck!

Oct 19, 2020, 10:47 AM

Wow, you even admit that Biden will be horrible for the economy and are still voting for him.

Oct 19, 2020, 10:52 AM

Never said Biden would be horrible for the economy. I think generally the Dems have done well its economy over the years, or at least my years. I think the Dems will do a better job with the economy. Trump's leadership was terrible for the economy.

I always like to point out to my friends who proudly say that they

Oct 19, 2020, 10:49 AM [ in reply to Re: What Bidenomics will do for you - WSJ/Hoover study... ]

will gladly sacrifice some of their portfolio performance to get rid of such a terrible representative of the US that it’s not their
Portfolio they are sacrificing. Each percent of unemployed is millions of people. Most of us are somewhat safe from that, or safer anyway...with our savings accounts and our college degrees. So when you make this proud stand, make sure to be clear that you’ll gladly sacrifice other people’s jobs to have a president that makes you proud.

null

Re: I always like to point out to my friends who proudly say that they

Oct 19, 2020, 11:04 AM

I'm not sure who will be better for jobs over time.. my comment stands.

Re: I always like to point out to my friends who proudly say that they

Oct 19, 2020, 11:06 AM [ in reply to I always like to point out to my friends who proudly say that they ]

OK, and now take a look at how unemployment did under Obama:
9.9% when he took office, 4.1% when he left. A drop of 5.8 points.

Under Trump:
4.1% when he took office, 3.5% in 2019 before Covid-19 blew it up. A drop of 0.6 points.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

That’s an impressive economic analysis.***

Oct 19, 2020, 11:15 AM

null

Re: That’s an impressive economic analysis.***

Oct 19, 2020, 11:19 AM

He just gave you the basics. No different than anyone else.

Oct 19, 2020, 11:32 AM [ in reply to That’s an impressive economic analysis.*** ]

We heard dire predictions of Obama ruining America, but looks like he did a great job with unemployment.

Just for an extra bit of analysis: The new jobs were primarily in the private sector, which must seem weird to people who thought Obama was a communist.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

Oct 19, 2020, 12:16 PM

Just not high paying jobs under Obama. He said the US would be service country. More tea sir?

Oct 19, 2020, 12:21 PM

Median compensation was $26,261.29 when Obama took office, and was $31,561.49 when he left, a net increase of 20%.

Under Trump (and we will keep it to 2019 and not count Covid's disasterous effect) it went from $31,561.49 to $34,248.45, an increase of 8.5%.

So actually yeah, wages went up quite a bit under Obama.

- Jonathan Swift

Oct 19, 2020, 12:30 PM

Where are you finding all these wonderful facts?

Oct 19, 2020, 12:31 PM

Or are you taking truth over facts again?

Link

Oct 19, 2020, 12:52 PM

https://www.ssa.gov/oact/cola/central.html

- Jonathan Swift

Oct 19, 2020, 12:53 PM [ in reply to Re: That’s an impressive economic analysis.*** ]

@spooneye Obama’s numbers are CAGR=2.3% Trump is 2.8%.

CAGR=($end/$start)^(1/t) - 1

You can’t look at those figures over different periods of years and just compare them.You ask yourself over the time what is the combined annual growth rate.

So we have another liberal trying to post data proving their point, and it actually proves exactly the opposite point. :)

Oct 19, 2020, 12:56 PM

Let's see your math on that one.

- Jonathan Swift

Thanks for your additional $17***

Oct 19, 2020, 12:25 PM [ in reply to Re: What Bidenomics will do for you - WSJ/Hoover study... ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

WSJ - Opinion written by Editorial Board.***

Oct 19, 2020, 11:48 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good catch (I can't read the article anyway)***

Oct 19, 2020, 1:01 PM

Biden isnt hiding who is going to get raped

Oct 19, 2020, 11:55 AM

and its most definitely going to be my wife and I. No doubt.

Two Trump voters in this household and she hates him. She just knows what Biden will do to our paychecks.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Biden isnt hiding who is going to get raped

Oct 19, 2020, 11:57 AM

Maybe you're in a higher brackets in 90% of America.

Oct 19, 2020, 12:18 PM

Keep telling yourself that one.

Oct 19, 2020, 12:17 PM [ in reply to Biden isnt hiding who is going to get raped ]

Smart wife.

it is a small price for stability

versus four more years of chaos and disunity.

The only way for us to move forward as a nation is to come together for a purpose more noble than 401ks and stock market indices.

Same thing "Trumpenomics" (is that a thing?) did.

Nothing compared to God's care and my own financial decisions.

Trump's personality hurts him the most--not policy

Oct 19, 2020, 1:28 PM

A recent Gallup poll found that 56% of registered voters feel they are better off now than in 2016 when Obama was the president.This is the case despite the pandemic and subsequent economic crisis. Biden's response was that these folks should vote for someone else if they believe they are better off and posited that perhaps these folks have memory issues.

Re: Trump's personality hurts him the most--not policy

Oct 19, 2020, 2:41 PM

But where are they?

Did this op-ed make any mention of the improvements in our

Oct 19, 2020, 2:56 PM

national infrastructure under a Biden Administration and what the economic benefits of those would be?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The original article was an opinion column

Oct 20, 2020, 1:38 PM

This is an analytical piece based on Moody's financial research.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/sergeiklebnikov/2020/09/25/biden-democratic-sweep-would-be-best-outcome-for-the-economy-moodys-says/#7bdab1124283

Replies: 37
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic