Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I agree with everyone one here regarding the criticism
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1,768

I agree with everyone one here regarding the criticism

Oct 14, 2017, 8:04 PM

of our coaching staff for not having the team ready Friday night, not pulling Cooper and giving Johnson a chance, for having an offense that is wasting a truly great defense, and the criticism of the team for not being in the best frame of mind to start the game last night.

But one thing I will never understand is some of the anger I have seen towards Dabo. There was an article posted that says Dabo beats Clemson for Tigers first loss of season". I agree with just about everything in the article, but the title was uncalled for, personal and really rather hateful. Other posts have been very angry.

There is just no way any of us should be angry with Dabo. Disagree yes, express concern at certain decisions, yes, but pure insulting anger?

This staff has worked its butt off to give us the very best. We have won 39 of last 42 games, three conference titles, 2 national championship appearances, 1 national championship, a couple of Orange Bowl wins, a Fiesta Bowl win, recruiting has been lights out. There is no doubt that we have the players to continue this run of 10+ win seasons. We have the team this year, but what can you do when you lose your quarterback and field goal kicker? I mean that is a rough blow.

I would really regret wasting such a great defense on a bad offensive team, if I thought this would be the last year of great defense for us. That is not the case. Based on recruiting, we will have very good defenses for the next few years. Put a very good defense with Trevor Lawrence or Hunter Johnson at the controls and we will make runs at the playoff.

I think Bryant was doing an excellent job and if he had not been injured, I think he could have guided us to another 10+season this year. With him out, We could be looking at 7,8 or 9 wins instead.

But the bottom line is we have the best coach in the world for our campus, community, recruiting needs and program. And that person is Dabo Swinney. Criticize him, question him, be disappointed in him at times, but be very, very thankful that he is running our program. And there is just no way anyone should be angry with him.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

not angry just disappointed in lack

Oct 14, 2017, 8:10 PM

Of game plan and certain calls during game.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There was a post last night making a crude, lewd and

Oct 14, 2017, 8:16 PM

disgusting comment regarding one of our team members and Mrs. Swinney.

Not to mention others personally attacking Dabo and the staff.

I was more appalled that that type of despicable garbage along with the posters were not promptly relegated to the trash heap.

And that's putting it mildly.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I agree with everyone one here regarding the criticism

Oct 14, 2017, 8:28 PM

Very well stated! I'm All In with Dabo and I thank you for bringing a proper perspective to what he has done and is continuing to do to make Clemson recognized as the great and wonderful institution that it is. We Clemson fans owe him respect and benefit of doubt. He could not have been clearer that the debacle at Syracuse was his fault, so what's the point of anger and hostility directed at him? I'll admit that I was upset at the play of our football team on Friday night and saw the same deficiencies that everyone reading (commenting) on the board saw. Of course I was disappointed! But all of us who call ourselves fans of the Clemson Tigers should first and foremost appreciate what we have, and then sober up to the fact that none of us, nor our team, players and coaches, is/are perfect. Failure happens and when it does, we should handle it like adults and not spoiled children. Dabo says it well: "Win with class, lose with class!" Win, lose or draw, Clemson University and our Tigers are dear to us all. May our team always represent what we love with class and dignity, just as our support for them hopefully is. Dabo, please forgive your fickle fans!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 1,768
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic