Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How good is Notre Dame if they played Duke again next week
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

How good is Notre Dame if they played Duke again next week

Sep 13, 2020, 8:07 PM

Duke had them on the ropes until 4th quarter

can't quite tell how good either team is. ....

wha ya think ?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: How good is Notre Dame if they played Duke again next week

Sep 13, 2020, 8:11 PM

Not as good as Brian Kelly thinks they are ...
I see losses to us and UNC in their future..
And wouldn’t be shocked to see them find a way to blow a third game..

Sep 13, 2020, 8:14 PM

I think it’s hard to make good assessments from week 1. Teams all had different preparation scenarios due to Covid interruptions. Probably take a few weeks to get a good read on teams.

kind of wonder if they played again - who would improve more

Sep 13, 2020, 8:28 PM

Duke had them in game - ranked #7 now

kinda hope Duke can improve more faster.

I hope Chase Brice has a good showing there

null

Sep 13, 2020, 8:48 PM [ in reply to Re: How good is Notre Dame if they played Duke again next week ]

I totally agree with Tardog. Week 1 is to see what changes the coaches need to make after seeing they're young players perform under live game action. But if Duke had a some good hand, fare route running receivers, they have a QB that can win games with his arm talent, and his ability to run the ball, and he can withstand the punishment bc Chase Brice will lower his pads and run over tacklers and take them off their feet. I hated that we loss Chase, but I was also happy to see him get what he truly deserves with a team not named Clemson bc of our QB talent. At Clemson we have the top two QB's in the country in TL-16 and #5 DJ Uiagalelei!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 13, 2020, 8:47 PM

Duke was like many teams having a better team on the ropes....fourth quarter shows the athleticism of any team and usually you run out or superior athletes. Seen Appalachian State in same arena.... hard to play 4 quarters with a dominating group of players. That’s what makes college athletics so great. I would take Duke in a 7 day rematch though!

Imo, duke lacked the bench to deal with a D1 team.

Sep 13, 2020, 9:19 PM

Duke has a very good starting lineup on both sides of the ball but that's all they have. If you play those guys until they tire you are going to be able to have your way with them.

ND is nothing to brag about. If the ACC more than Snow White and a conference of dwarf ND would rank in the lower half.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 13, 2020, 9:38 PM

IMO you can't take much from one game. Especially an opener from a year like this. I watched a lot of the game and neither team impressed Saturday.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 13, 2020, 9:51 PM

Duke was in the game with ND until the 4th quarter and that is when the lack of depth shows up. Duke looked tired in the 4th quarter.

Duke's starting eleven on both side of the ball...

Sep 14, 2020, 8:33 AM

are pretty solid, but they don't have the depth to grind it out with top tier teams who have recruited better and have less of a drop-off throughout the two deep.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Duke's starting eleven on both side of the ball...

Sep 14, 2020, 1:48 PM

It's amazing that Tiger Nation has hated Duke all these years, but we will defend them, and pull for them against a more hated ND. But I do agree with, and support our response for Duke, and the hate toward the blood sucking Notre Dame!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic