»
Topic: House coots.. Explain something to me.
Replies: 70   Last Post: Jul 14, 2014 2:39 PM by: deleted
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.


[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 70  

House coots.. Explain something to me.

[9]
Posted: Jul 11, 2014 9:50 AM
 

> All us coots know our history and that's what makes where we are now all the more sweeter.

Above is an excerpt of a statement from a gamecock in another thread....

Please explain "where we are now" to me. Yes, the gamecocks have beat the tigers 5 in a row and of course that stings but aside from that, where are you now?

11 wins each of the last three seasons? Impressive? Of course, but where is the hardware? You literally have absolutely nothing to show for it except for your wins over us and a nice little home winning streak. In this same time period Dabo has brought home an ACC Conference Trophy and a BCS Orange Bowl Trophy. Before you say getting a SEC trophy is harder than and ACC trophy consider who has won a SEC championship before... Spurrier. So if Spurrier has won an SEC championship before in the big bad SEC what is the problem now? Is the problem that he is coaching at South Carolina? Hmm...

Spurriers stint in Columbia has improved the quality of football but still hasn't yielded a single piece of meaningful hardware. The Alabamas and Auburns of the world aren't going anywhere and it isn't realistic to expect South Carolina to do better than they have the last 3 seasons with their losses so enjoy being at least 3rd best on the mountain while it's here.

To sum up, have you guys beat us the last 5 years? Absolutely, but please spare me the "look where we are now" BS. If that's all that happens during the Gamecocks best years in history, I will take it hands down.


Re: House coots.. Explain something to me.


Posted: Jul 11, 2014 9:53 AM
 

Won't it be sweet when spurrier finally retires and he still does NOT have any championships / trophies to show for all those wasted years at USUC? I can't wait to add another tombstone to that coaching graveyard for USUC.


Re: House coots.. Explain something to me.


Posted: Jul 11, 2014 10:06 AM
 

Didn't Clemson beat Usuck 7 times in a row way back in the 30's ?

2019 purple level member


They won their fans some free bloomin' onions...


Posted: Jul 11, 2014 10:09 AM
 

Which came first? Scar's first big-time bowl win.... or.... mudbutt?

Leaving all that empty space in the trophy case for toilet paper? Brilliant!

~JKB


Re: House coots.. Explain something to me.

[2]
Posted: Jul 11, 2014 10:10 AM
 

I think that if we had beaten SCAR 5 years in a row, and had won 11 games for three yrs in a row; we would be telling everyone how good we are too...even if we hadn't won the ACC.


Consistently winning double digit games is very good


Posted: Jul 11, 2014 10:16 AM
 

for the South Carolina program, lack of "hardware" notwithstanding.


Re: Consistently winning double digit games is very good

[1]
Posted: Jul 11, 2014 10:28 AM
 

Does it tarnish the Great achievements the tigers have recently
to know that during this historic stretch they lost by double digits
to the po ol Lamecocks?
ACC champs but chumps in state.
BCS bowl champs but have a 5 game losing streak to those
pitiful, accomplished nothing Shamecocks.
THAT has got to sting.
Coots are soooo bad. Oh the shame of losing to such a bad team.


no, you've dropped the ball against lesser teams such as

[1]
Posted: Jul 11, 2014 10:33 AM
 

auburn and tennessee in years you shouldn't have. there's no shame in losing to a top 10 program as clemson has in recent years.

certainly, clemson fans know how it feels to have a championship game within reach only to crap the bed against a team we should've beaten.

gratz on the 5 game win streak, but try not to ruin it by getting punked by a 5-7, non bowl eligible, "tennessee".

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg


Re: no, you've dropped the ball against lesser teams such as


Posted: Jul 11, 2014 12:52 PM
 

auburn and tennessee in years you shouldn't have. there's no shame in losing to a top 10 program as clemson has in recent years.

certainly, clemson fans know how it feels to have a championship game within reach only to crap the bed against a team we should've beaten.

gratz on the 5 game win streak, but try not to ruin it by getting punked by a 5-7, non bowl eligible, "tennessee".


And those bonehead losses have cost us the east and a trip to Atlanta for the past three years. Those are hard games to swallow and still burns my ### every time I think of them. Unlike some folks I don't make excuses for those games. We didn't beat ourselves we just found a way to lose. It is what it is.


i hear you, it's a bitter pill & it makes little sense...


Posted: Jul 11, 2014 1:08 PM
 

spurrier has had that team playing so well at times, maybe not "pretty"[win, who cares], but really well & then boom... the inexplicable.

clemson's been there too, it's no bueno.

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg


Pitchfork Ben says "hi".***


Posted: Jul 11, 2014 7:48 PM
 



2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

Are you arguing that Clemson has been better


Posted: Jul 11, 2014 10:19 AM
 

Than Carolina the past five years?

We finished as the fourth best team in the country last year... Kinda hard to argue that isn't impressive.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger


It is impressive, and you should be proud of your program.

[1]
Posted: Jul 11, 2014 10:30 AM
 

One could actually make the argument that the state of South Carolina is one of the best, if not the best football state in the country right now. It elevates the rivalry when both teams are among the best in the country.

With that said, the bottom line is the team that wins has the bragging rights. Right now they are South Carolina's. We want 'em back. And soon.

Go Tigers.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."


No.


Posted: Jul 11, 2014 11:25 AM
 

If you read my post again you'll see that I clearly stated you guys have beat Clemson 5 years in a row.South Carolina clearly and by a large margin beat Clemson in each of those games which in my book makes them the better team that day and if it makes you happy for the past 5 years.

This however, is not the point of my post. The point is all the chest beating by gamecock fans as if they are so much better than Clemson and have accomplished so much more in the same time period. For all that you guys have accomplished not of it has resulted in any conference or bowl wins. Clemson has accomplished those in the same time period. If you ask any objective observer they are going to state that a conference championship and BCS bowl win are the greater accomplishments of the two teams within the past 5 years.

So while the gamecocks may have been the better team during the same time period, as you say, they sure haven't accomplished as much.


Re: No.


Posted: Jul 11, 2014 11:33 AM
 

is this period of wins for Clemson that we are currently in also the so called golden era for Clemson as well, other than 1981. I say that because I hear many on wccp refer to this as the golden era for the coots, but it is also a pretty golden period for us as well.


Re: No.

[3]
Posted: Jul 11, 2014 11:36 AM
 

Wrong again.


Re: No.


Posted: Jul 11, 2014 11:48 AM
 

> Wrong again.

Dabo disagrees.....he has already pointed out the number firsts that are currently happening under his watch and 2013 was the highest postseason ranking since the NC. What 3 year stretch has been better than the current 3 years, as the poster said above, NC aside?


So we are looking for the second best era in Clemson


Posted: Jul 11, 2014 3:43 PM
 

football?

I have a confusion.

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."


Re: No.


Posted: Jul 11, 2014 9:34 PM
 

crickets about better period? or do you just like telling people they are wrong? truth seems to escape you a lot!


Message was edited by: lead tiger®



ok Wrong, 1981 was a National Chanpionship


Posted: Jul 14, 2014 2:25 PM
 

the entire 80's and early 90's was a period where Clemson was dominant throughout all of College football.

so No 1981 wasn't the golden period, it was a highlight. The entire decade plus from late 70's to early 90's would be our Golden period.

If you were really a Tiger fan you would know that!

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.


Re: No.


Posted: Jul 11, 2014 2:05 PM
 

lol what a #######

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

null


Re: No.

[1]
Posted: Jul 11, 2014 11:39 AM
 

> If you read my post again you'll see that I clearly
> stated you guys have beat Clemson 5 years in a
> row.South Carolina clearly and by a large margin beat
> Clemson in each of those games which in my book makes
> them the better team that day and if it makes you
> happy for the past 5 years.
>
> This however, is not the point of my post. The point
> is all the chest beating by gamecock fans as if they
> are so much better than Clemson and have accomplished
> so much more in the same time period. For all that
> you guys have accomplished not of it has resulted in
> any conference or bowl wins. Clemson has accomplished
> those in the same time period. If you ask any
> objective observer they are going to state that a
> conference championship and BCS bowl win are the
> greater accomplishments of the two teams within the
> past 5 years.
>
> So while the gamecocks may have been the better team
> during the same time period, as you say, they sure
> haven't accomplished as much.

As someone else stated above, this argument is getting really weak. I'm not implying SCAR is a NC contender but your argument could be used for a team that played in the NC game 3 years in a row.....

"oh sure, you played for it all 3 times but where is the hardware".......do you see how weak that sounds?

You just stated you'd take the ACC Championship and an Orange Bowl win over 5 straight wins over SCAR and 3 straight top 10 finishes. Just give credit where credit is due and don't let the loudmouth SCAR fans get to you.


i'm pretty sure the runner-up trophy in the natty title game


Posted: Jul 11, 2014 11:47 AM
 

> 5th place rings.

they've played for one conference championship in spurrier's 10 years and were embarrassed in it.

let's not lose focus on where the program is by suddenly thrusting them into a national champioship slot; the two aren't remotely in the same neighborhood.

your argument has to hold up to a lot more lights being shined on it than show me the 'hardware' because you're all of a sudden the buffalo bills of the nc2a, because they're not and i think, that's most reasonable people's point in all this. hell, they haven't even qualified for a bcs slot out of the sec and yes, i know they're limited.

maybe stop losing to 5-7 tennessee squads and auburn at home?

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg


Re: i'm pretty sure the runner-up trophy in the natty title game


Posted: Jul 11, 2014 12:07 PM
 

> > 5th place rings.
>
> they've played for one conference championship in
> spurrier's 10 years and were embarrassed in it.
>
> let's not lose focus on where the program is by
> suddenly thrusting them into a national champioship
> slot; the two aren't remotely in the same
> neighborhood.
>
> your argument has to hold up to a lot more lights
> being shined on it than show me the 'hardware'
> because you're all of a sudden the buffalo bills of
> the nc2a, because they're not and i think, that's
> most reasonable people's point in all this. hell,
> they haven't even qualified for a bcs slot out of the
> sec and yes, i know they're limited.
>
> maybe stop losing to 5-7 tennessee squads and auburn
> at home?

Well losing to an inferior team is par for the course for SCAR, there's 100 years of doing that. The argument was "where is the hardware" and I'm just pointing out that is a weak statement given what a team can accomplish without actually winning a trophy.


Re: i'm pretty sure the runner-up trophy in the natty title game

[1]
Posted: Jul 11, 2014 12:14 PM
 

and i'm pointing out it's not; it's not even remotely in the same sphere of reason.

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg


Let me ask you this.


Posted: Jul 11, 2014 12:15 PM
 

Do you think that SCAR has been significantly better than Clemson over the past five years? I will concede they have been the better team but I just don't see how you can possibly say that SCAR has just far surpassed Clemson when really it's just the results of our head to head that you have the advantage. Everywhere else, not so much.


Yes. We've won five in a row


Posted: Jul 11, 2014 2:45 PM
 

And finished ranked higher in every season except 2009.

Kind of hard to argue we haven't been superior.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger


Re: Yes. We've won five in a row


Posted: Jul 11, 2014 7:43 PM
 

On probation the whole time and still on probation


That's a non sequitur.***


Posted: Jul 11, 2014 7:54 PM
 




CLEMSON is ALWAYS BETTER than you pathetic coot thugs


Posted: Jul 11, 2014 3:57 PM
 

Suck it PECKERHEADS!!!


Both teams are enjoying great success...


Posted: Jul 11, 2014 10:27 AM
 

Clemson and South Carolina are recruiting and playing well. Even the most biased fan should be able to see that. I like that the annual rivalry game has national significance.


Re: Both teams are enjoying great success...

[1]
Posted: Jul 11, 2014 10:32 AM
 

09, you and your coot buddies are the only ones in the country who believe you were the 4th best team in the country. You can thank your weak schedule for that. No Auburn, Alabama, LSU, or A&M. You got 5th place rings again in your conference. In reality, how can you be 4th in the nation ? Ya'll live in an unreal world.

2019 purple level member


if by you and your coot buddies you mean


Posted: Jul 11, 2014 4:25 PM
 

every Div 1 coach, every national level media member from every conference in the nation, and the universally agreed upon method for ranking teams at the end of the season......


then i agree.

South Carolina baseball since 1975: 31 NCAA Tournament appearances including a streak of 14 straight / 12 Super Regional appearances/ 11 College World Series berths / 5 National Championship game appearances / National Champions in 2010 and 2011. The Gamecocks hold 3 NCAA records for postseason success: The most consecutive NCAA tournament wins (22) / The most consecutive wins in the College World Series (12) / The most consecutive home NCAA tournament wins (29).
Since 1992 The Gamecocks have competed in the SEC and have 4 SEC titles / 1 SEC tournament title / 7 SECE titles.


"where we are now"


Posted: Jul 11, 2014 10:40 AM
 

No Championships, no BCS wins...whatcha got?

2019 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

There's something in these hills.


I for one am getting tired of this argument though,

[2]
Posted: Jul 11, 2014 10:43 AM
 

and I don't want to seem hypocritical. I have used it myself in the past.

We need to win the freakin' game. Bottom line.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."


Well, if we lose this year someone has to go.


Posted: Jul 11, 2014 12:46 PM
 

6 in a row is unacceptable.

Hell. 3 in row was unacceptable.

2019 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

There's something in these hills.


Assuming SCAR doesn't have a meltdown this year


Posted: Jul 11, 2014 1:26 PM
 

and is on par or better than us this year and wins #6, you honestly think that we should fire Dabo, Chad or Brent?

If that is what you are saying then I have to question your clemson fandom. Yes losing the ##### sucks but like it or not they are just as good if not better than us right now so it's not a game that is unreasonable to lose.

Dabo and Co have brought us light years beyond where we were. If you fire them this year there is no way we start beating them again anytime soon.


You're nuts

[1]
Posted: Jul 11, 2014 7:57 PM
 

If you can't see where this program is going you need to turn in your fan card. Losses to USuC be damned, this is going to be a program that contends year end and year out. Spurlid had a head start on Dabo in building his program. Would you argue that Dabo isn't gaining ground or passing him? Our program hasn't even peaked yet.

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

Re: You're nuts


Posted: Jul 11, 2014 10:58 PM
 

Spurrier may have had a head start but he also had a much tougher hill to climb.

Dabo walks into a situation where he inherits a roster that is top 3 talent wise in the ACC (your principal opponents)
What he's done is kept recruiting at a high level, hired some good coordinators and generally done a good job, with one obvious caveat.

Spurrier did have a head start but also had to engineer a complete overhaul. We were a dumpster fire when he took over. Holtz left the program in shambles, players running amok. Spurrier kicked Meat, Moe Thompson and others off the team right off the bat (although deservedly).

Goes without saying that the SEC week in and out is tougher than an ACC schedule. Not always by a lot, but consistently nonetheless. Our talent level in 04 was middle of the conference at best.

Since then we've also recruited well, hired some good coaches and had the best stretch in our history. We've accomplished things that Clemson never has (33 wins in 3 years for ex).

Have we left Clem in the dust? Of course not. You're having the best stretch in Tiger history too prob.

It would be great to win the east again (think we will this year), and break through and win the SEC. That's the ultimate goal for Spurrier every year.

But you're wrong to diminish our recent accomplishments. We don't have much of a history but we have been more successful the last few years than ever before. Carolina is still making it's own history. Can't blame us for enjoying it. I try to be civil, sorry so long


We just posted 33 wins this year...***


Posted: Jul 14, 2014 1:41 PM
 




Re: House coots.. Explain something to me.


Posted: Jul 11, 2014 12:33 PM
 

Question our achievements all you want but it means nothing until you can beat us on the field. What happens on the field is all that really matters. After your recent ACC title the college football world knew South Carolina was better than Clemson. After your BCS win you returned home as the 2nd best team in the state of South Carolina. We do not have to explain anything because what happens on the field is all that matters.


Yes, but the 5 straight wins are just as much in the past


Posted: Jul 11, 2014 12:45 PM
 

as Clemson's numerous win streaks in the series. It's great for y'all that you finally have ONE winning streak in the series. Can it be kept up without Clowney, Shaw and company? I don't think so. You probably do. That's why they play the game. I can't wait!

2019 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

63-17 bitch.***

[1]
Posted: Jul 11, 2014 12:46 PM
 



2019 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

There's something in these hills.


Do you have trouble with reading comprehension?


Posted: Jul 11, 2014 1:29 PM
 

I already said that you guys beat us on the field and that you were clearly the better team over the past 5 years.

The argument here is that you guys beat your chest like you are so much better than clemson and are an alabama of the football world. At best you guys are 1 game better than clemson and that's it. Quit acting like you are world beaters.

I totally agree that on field results are all that counts head to head but spare me the SCAR has completely surpassed clemson bs.


Re: House coots.. Explain something to me.


Posted: Jul 11, 2014 12:45 PM
 

It's simple. We finished in the top ten three years in a row, #4 last year. We have won 11 games in each of those years and have been considered one of the top programs in the country by almost every sports analyst. We have become known to most the top recruits as one of the top programs in the SEC, something that has been documented on Rivals, 247, ESPN. AND YES, we have beat our biggest rival 5 years in a row and have done it through Clemson's best teams since Danny Ford.

These are all things that us long time fans have never experienced. Sure, we don't have any hardware to show for it YET but what Spurrier has built here gives us A LOT of confidence that we soon will especially now with the new BCS rules taking away the automatic bid and the playoff system.

I won't take anything away from your Orange Bowl victory over Ohio St, it was a great win over a very good team and I can't believe anyone wanted to see Duke in that game. But don't believe for a second that we will ever be that doormat of a team again. Spurrier has built a foundation of winning here and the total mindset of the program. When he does decide to retire (something that he's in no hurry to do) we will have no problem replacing him with a top tier coach. I know how much you hate to hear it but we are here to stay.


Re: House coots.. Explain something to me.

[1]
Posted: Jul 11, 2014 1:36 PM
 

> It's simple. We finished in the top ten three years
> in a row, #4 last year. We have won 11 games in each
> of those years and have been considered one of the
> top programs in the country by almost every sports
> analyst. We have become known to most the top
> recruits as one of the top programs in the SEC,
> something that has been documented on Rivals, 247,
> ESPN. AND YES, we have beat our biggest rival 5 years
> in a row and have done it through Clemson's best
> teams since Danny Ford.

So basically you are the best team to never win a championship? You don't have to just hear it here, go to other rivals board and beat your chest about your accomplishments and see what they say.

> These are all things that us long time fans have
> never experienced. Sure, we don't have any hardware
> to show for it YET but what Spurrier has built here
> gives us A LOT of confidence that we soon will
> especially now with the new BCS rules taking away the
> automatic bid and the playoff system.
>
> I won't take anything away from your Orange Bowl
> victory over Ohio St, it was a great win over a very
> good team and I can't believe anyone wanted to see
> Duke in that game. But don't believe for a second
> that we will ever be that doormat of a team again.
> Spurrier has built a foundation of winning here and
> the total mindset of the program. When he does decide
> to retire (something that he's in no hurry to do) we
> will have no problem replacing him with a top tier
> coach. I know how much you hate to hear it but we are
> here to stay.

If the Floridas, Tennessees, and USC's of the world can crumble SCAR sure as #### can. Not sure how you can say this with so much confidence. How many teams can you name where a great coach leaves and the team gets better? I would guess there aren't that many.


I hope you printed out those internet accolades


Posted: Jul 11, 2014 8:00 PM
 

and framed them for your trophy case. That 1969 ACC Champs trophy needs company.

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

Let's be honest here

[2]
Posted: Jul 11, 2014 1:36 PM
 

If you can't see where the coots are now in comparison to before then you are clinically insane.

Get real. I hate em as much as anybody, but they have been a top 15 type of team for the last several years. Can't argue the difference between that and being 5-8

That being said, they still have zero noteworthy accomplishments outside of winning games consistently. No titles, no major bowl wins....


Message was edited by: CU2013®


2019 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg


Re: Let's be honest here

[1]
Posted: Jul 11, 2014 1:38 PM
 

I must not be getting my point across. I believe I clearly stated that they have improved, the point is that they act like they have left Clemson in the dust which is simply not the case.


how many double digit losses in a row would have to happen

[2]
Posted: Jul 11, 2014 1:51 PM
 

before you would say that the coots had left clemson in the dust? serious question.

South Carolina baseball since 1975: 31 NCAA Tournament appearances including a streak of 14 straight / 12 Super Regional appearances/ 11 College World Series berths / 5 National Championship game appearances / National Champions in 2010 and 2011. The Gamecocks hold 3 NCAA records for postseason success: The most consecutive NCAA tournament wins (22) / The most consecutive wins in the College World Series (12) / The most consecutive home NCAA tournament wins (29).
Since 1992 The Gamecocks have competed in the SEC and have 4 SEC titles / 1 SEC tournament title / 7 SECE titles.


I don't think that's the question


Posted: Jul 11, 2014 1:56 PM
 

Both are Top 10-15 programs right now. Neither one has left the other in the dust and I don't see either one doing it anytime soon. When one team falls off the national radar entirely and is relegated to 4th and 5th place division finishes while the other one maintains top rankings then they will have left the other in the dust.

When we go into the game expecting a blowout, that's when.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

Re: how many double digit losses in a row would have to happen


Posted: Jul 11, 2014 2:03 PM
 

wouldnt that depend on how clemson was doing at the time?

The only thing we have is the past and over the past 5 years SCAR has not left Clemson in the dust.

While you did beat us head to head last year I'm not sure how you can call your season objectively better when ours ended in a BCS win and you won the Citrus bowl...

That would be like saying a team could win the national title with one loss and yet the team that beat them had the better season.


Re: House coots.. Explain something to me.

[3]
Posted: Jul 11, 2014 2:02 PM
 

This is my first post. I'm a Gamecock fan and i like to come here and read your post but I never reply. Since you asked for a reply Im gonna give my opinion and I hope I dont get bashed for giving it.

You guys talk alot on here about hardware but it seems to me the only hardware that matters is the MNC trophy. If we have 11 wins and finish #4 in the country should we not be proud of that just because we didnt get a trophy? I mean you guys seem to want us to feel bad just because we didnt get any hardware. I dont understand that. I dont think the tigers should feel bad just because they won the ACC but lost to us and finished ranked behind us. We should all be proud of what both teams are doing for the state of South Carolina. When you guys bash Columbia are Carolina fans bash Clemson it makes the whole state look bad. everybody should start looking at the positive side instead of the negative side of both schools.


Re: House coots.. Explain something to me.


Posted: Jul 11, 2014 2:07 PM
 

The point of my post is certianly not to bash you or make you feel bad about your accomplishments and you are right, I did ask so I do appreciate your comments.

However, the point of my post isn't to downplay either Clemson's or South Carolina's accomplishments. Both had stellar seasons last year and for the most part the last 5 years.

The point is that SCAR fans act like they have just left clemson fans in the dust and we are now in the rear view mirror.

How can this be? Are you saying your season last year is objectively better than clemson's when we came away with a BCS win and you guys won the citrus bowl?

If that's the case then any 1 loss MNC winner had a "worse" season than the one team who beat them. Just because one of our 2 losses came from you, doesn't mean that your entire season was that much greater, if at all than ours.

Now, if we are talking head to head, then yes you guys deserver all the props, you beat us on the field. But let's not act like SCAR is far and wide the better program. The difference just isn't that great.


Re: House coots.. Explain something to me.


Posted: Jul 11, 2014 2:34 PM
 

I dont think one program is that far ahead of the other one. They are so close that both fan bases could say their program is better for one reason or another. I dont think its just South Carolina fans beating their chest. I think both fan bases brag more than they should when the only thing that matters is a MNC trophy. And yes I know you guys have one and that was a great accomplishment. Lets be realistic, we should all be proud of our recent success for both schools but the only thing either one has to brag about is the MNC trophy you guys have. Anything else is just a consolation prize


You're just displaying sour grapes

[1]
Posted: Jul 11, 2014 2:50 PM
 

Louisiana-Lafayette was a better team than Clemson last year according to your logic.

Carolina finished 4th in the country last year. If your orange bowl was the accomplishment you're making it out to be why weren't you ranked above us? We both had the same record.

The BCS bowls don't select the best teams. They select teams based on the rules of the bcs.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger


Re: You're just displaying sour grapes


Posted: Jul 11, 2014 3:31 PM
 

Code, you are beating your chest about the BCS bowl win. You know the BCS selection committee had no intentions of giving those bowls to the best team available. Clemson was selected because Clemson was the second best in the ACC and for no other reason. South Carolina even after beating Clemson had zero chance at a BCS Bowl when the selections were made. If the bowls were awarded to the best teams, South Carolina might not have received one, but Clemson definitely would not have received one.
I think it is a dumb rule to omit the best teams available from the best bowl games, but Clemson benefited greatly from that dumb rule. Congratulations on your bowl win.


It is hard to argue because of the head-to-head.


Posted: Jul 11, 2014 3:14 PM
 

But Scar got all the bounces in the 4th quarter in the last matchup. It as 17-17 after 3 quarters. The Tigers went on to beat a good Ohio State team in the Orange Bowl, and yes, that is a bigger win than #19 Wisconsin. Being in the SEC only helps if you are at or near the top of the league. Scar was not.

Connor Shaw and Clowney are gone now. The game is in Death Valley this year. The streak will soon be a distant memory. Y'all don't realize that since this is your FIRST winning streak in the HISTORY of the series. See y'all in November!

2019 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Re: It is hard to argue because of the head-to-head.


Posted: Jul 12, 2014 9:50 PM
 

92TigerGrad
But Scar got all the bounces in the 4th quarter in the last matchup

I like how you call Chaz Sutton ripping the ball out of
Boyd's arms from behind "A BOUNCE" that went our way.
OR Kaiwan Lewis stripping the ball away from Adam Humphreis
from behind "A BOUNCE". Defensive Coaches teach players
to strip the ball from the carrier. We did what all teams
are taught to do and did it well. You call them turnovers
or "BOUNCES" all you'd like, They were our players taking
over in the fourth quarter, and turning the take aways
into points.

The Tigers went on to beat a good Ohio State team in the Orange Bowl, and yes, that is a bigger win than #19 Wisconsin

National Experts who know football for a living had said
many times during the season, and especially after OSU
lost to Mich. State (The only ranked team they faced all
season) that OSU was extremely over rated. Whether they
were or not, Clemson beating them in a BCS bowl matchup
didn't make the BCS committee feel like you deserved to
be ranked any higher than SC who had beaten 5 top 25
teams, 3 of those ranked in the Top 10 and one of those
ranked in the Top 5. That and the fact that they saw
Clemson lose to the two top 10 teams you faced during
the season prior to winning the OSU game. SC was ranked
where they were ranked for a reason. Clemson was ranked
lower than SC for a reason.

Being in the SEC only helps if you are at or near the top of the league. Scar was not.[/i]

4th out of 14 teams........ Pretty much near the top.

Connor Shaw and Clowney are gone now. The game is in Death Valley this year

Tajh Boyd, Sammy Watkins, Rod McDowell, Brandon Thomas
are gone now, and we've beaten Clemson in "death valley"
the past two times we've been there. .. it won't be
something we're not used to seeing before.

Y'all don't realize that since this is your FIRST winning streak in the HISTORY of the series

1949 to 1954 South Carolina went 5-0-1 vs Clemson.
From 1947 to 1954 SC was 7-1-1 vs Clemson.
We've had four series prior to the current win steak
of 3 or more games. .... Impressive (not really) but
streaks none the less. So your statement was wrong.

SEE YOU IN NOVEMBER .... Looking Forward to it !



Re: It is hard to argue because of the head-to-head.


Posted: Jul 12, 2014 10:14 PM
 

Other than the fact that Ohio State beat Wisconsin 31-24.

SO yes - it is hard to argue head to head.

Your present streak is your longest winning streak. If you want to play the one loss and tie game - we can too - since we have 23 more victories.

2019 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg

null


You are right that y'all have some win streaks.


Posted: Jul 13, 2014 3:40 AM
 

I looked it up a while back and noticed that this is your first win streak in my lifetime, and I am 44. It is not the first streak, though. I stand corrected.

2019 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Humphries fumbled you dumb shit.


Posted: Jul 14, 2014 1:57 PM
 

When he screws up catching a punt, and you recover, that's hardly any effort by your team.

OSU went 24-2 in 2 seasons only losing to 2 top 10 teams. 2 CONSECUTIVE undefeated seasons. When was the last time a team did that? Alabama is the only other team recently that has gotten that close. Yeah, there may have been a little hype, but that is not overrated.

Simply put, we reload our offense with ridiculously deep talent from 4 consecutive top 15 and top 10 recruiting classes that has seen experience on the field. USuC reloads with top 60 recruiting classes that have not seen experience. Likewise, we return with the most experienced defense in the country, and arguably one of the top 5 best. You lost your top talent and you reload with 2star and 3star scrubs with no experience. You aren't going to win much. Its blistering how stupid you are coot.


you wont hear a thing from them


Posted: Jul 11, 2014 7:20 PM
 

once we break the streak. it will be like the other 110 years...silence and in their place.


Re: House coots.. Explain something to me.


Posted: Jul 12, 2014 7:15 AM
 

We both know for a fact that had Clemson been in the
SEC, and been in it during the Span of time that Dabo
has been your coach, Clemson would neither been in a
BCS Bowl nor won a conference title. The fact that we
beat you five of those seasons proves that to be true.
The ACC Title is nice ...congrats, but it means nothing
more that those trophies raised by teams like Tulane,
Northern Illinois, UCF, Fresno State etc... who have all
won Conference Championships and some have even qualified
to play in a BCS bowl game. By claiming "hardware" is
all that is important and not Rankings, you have just
admitted that Arkansas State, Utah State, Rice, Bowling
Green, Louisiana Lafayette ..... are better than Clemson
the past two seasons because they won "hardware" while
ranking below Clemson in the rankings. A couple of those
programs (like Southern Miss., UFC, Tulane etc.. have
won several Conference Championships in the past 10-15
years, so "Hardware" makes them much MUCH more respected
programs than Clemson ... Right ?

You were in the BCS last season simply because the BCS
"Rules of Fairness" eliminated other more deserving
programs (by record and by strength of schedule results)
during the season. Not speaking for South Carolina only
here, but three/four other programs were more deserving
to be in The Orange Bowl besides Clemson, but were
not considered because they played in a conference where
at least two other teams qualified ahead of them. .. It
is what it is (or was what it was). Even going into the
post season, THE BCS Rankings had South Carolina and at
least two other programs ranked ahead of Clemson that
were not chosen to play in a BCS game due to the
conference they played in. This because the BCS decided
years ago, that Fairness was more important than who
was Actually more deserving or better qualified due to
season results.

AS for hardware ..... My kids won several blue ribbons
at their school's field day events in grade school, but
those didn't make them Olympic class athletes. Hoisting
Trophies for Conference titles and claiming THAT is more
important than wins / losses over Top 25 programs, and
that it make you More Relevant, makes our program take
a back seat to several lower tier Div 1 schools the past
two season, and a decade or so prior to your conference
title in 2011. Laughing at programs that ranked 11th
without a trophy while winning one got you a 22nd ranking
and a 70-33 loss in a BCS bowl you actually played your
way into is ...... well, it's laughable in itself.


Those are some big coattails you are riding there coot.


Posted: Jul 14, 2014 2:00 PM
 

But yeah, simply because you play int he SEC totally means you are one of the greatest teams in the universe.

And just because Clemson plays in another power 5 conference we are pitiful despite having a national title, 18 conference titles, a BCS bowl, and better top 10 wins than you over the past few years.


Re: House coots.. Explain something to me.


Posted: Jul 12, 2014 10:00 AM
 

We've been a consistent top ten team for 3 years now, and finished 4th last year. Climbing the national rankings and getting to number 1 is all that really matters, to me at least.


well fortunately that will not happen.


Posted: Jul 14, 2014 2:28 PM
 

I definitely give SCAR credit for being top 10 last 3 years, great accomplishment no doubt. You guys just lost some major production on both sides of the ball though, I don't think it would be reasonable to assume that you guys will perform BETTER than the last 3 years no?


If hardware in the trophy case is the only measuring stick,


Posted: Jul 12, 2014 10:01 PM
 

does that mean you think the year CU won the ACC and got a Championship Trophy is the best season the Tigers have had since 1991?

I'd say this past year was a better season, agree or disagree?


Re: If hardware in the trophy case is the only measuring stick,


Posted: Jul 14, 2014 1:47 PM
 

Without a doubt. You finished the year with a great win over a real good Ohio St team which is A LOT better than how you finished the year before.


No Problem

[1]
Posted: Jul 14, 2014 2:35 PM
 

I can explain this easily. You are trying very hard to alleviate the pain of losing 5 in a row to your rival and watching that rival go from a bottom dweller to 3 straight top 10 finishes. Judging from the frequency of this type of thread it is not working very well.


Re: No Problem


Posted: Jul 14, 2014 2:39 PM
 

Pain? More like irritation but hey I'm not a poor sport, I give you guys props for last 5, i'd love for Clemson to have done the same.

Look, it's the offseason, I'm ready for Clemson to redeem it's place in this rivalry and talking smack is all we have as fans until the season starts. That's what makes this rivalry so much fun.

I hope you guys lose every game :)


Replies: 70  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: South Carolina
FOR SALE: For Sale: 2 tickets for the South Carolina game. Section 501 - $95 per ticket. Please text me if ...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
7626 people have read this post