Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Honestly I am not crazy but
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Honestly I am not crazy but

Nov 9, 2013, 8:59 PM

It seems as if LSU is playing a modified tiger rag. Am I crazy and need my hearing checked?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Honestly I am not crazy but

Nov 9, 2013, 9:00 PM

no they spice it up a little versus ours.

find the Tiger Rag Collection. Has versions by all sorts of bands and artists ,

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 9, 2013, 9:05 PM

Clemson and LSU each have their own version of "Tiger Rag," both of which are based off of the same old jazz standard first recorded in 1917. Not sure which school was first but they've both been using it for a pretty long while..

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Also found this on Wikipedia..

Nov 9, 2013, 9:08 PM

Tiger Rag is often used as a fight song by several American high school and college teams with a tiger as their mascot.

The Mighty Sound of the South has played a version of the Tiger Rag at the University of Memphis Tigers games for many years, and one version (known as Tiger Rag 2) is a medley with the Tigers' primary fight song.

Tiger Rag – "The Song That Shakes the Southland" – is Clemson University's familiar fight song since 1942 and is performed at all Tiger sporting events, pep rallies and parades. A version has been arranged for the carillon on Clemson's campus, an instrument almost never used in a jazz setting.

Tiger Rag is a popular song of the Louisiana State University Tiger Marching Band. A section of the hit song is played at every LSU home game right after the team makes a touchdown. However, the full version of the song is reserved for very special occasions.

Tiger Rag is a secondary fight song for the University of Missouri, Princeton University, and Auburn University.

It has often been played by Dixieland bands at Detroit Tigers home games, and was particularly popular during the Tigers' runs to the 1934 and 1935 World Series.

The song was used with the recurring phrase "Save that tiger!" in the Disney film A Tiger Walks (1964).

The Cuyahoga Falls Marching Tiger Band of Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio plays Tiger Rag as one of their main fight songs.

The Massillon Tiger Swing Band of Massillon, Ohio began playing Tiger Rag at Massillon Washington High School Tigers football games in 1938 during the period the Tigers were coached by Paul Brown. It has been a Tiger tradition ever since.

In the years after World War 2 the English Football team Hull City played this song over the loudspeaker system just before the players ran onto the field of play. The exact version is unknown.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 9, 2013, 9:14 PM

That's is most definitely interesting but the truth is that there is only one tiger rag! Go TIGERS. I must say our version sounds much better. Of course I am bias. Next time you don't need to copy and paste the information just paste a link. Thank you though!

Nov 9, 2013, 9:39 PM

Haven't watched many LSU games have you? :)

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 9, 2013, 11:25 PM

There's only one tiger! The only time I watch LSU is against clemson

And yet you're watching them play Bama right now***

Nov 9, 2013, 11:29 PM

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic