Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Did Ole Pitch Fork have anything against the ACC?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1,524

Did Ole Pitch Fork have anything against the ACC?

Dec 27, 2012, 10:17 PM

sure frick'n seems like it from here!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Did Ole Pitch Fork have anything against the ACC?

Dec 28, 2012, 8:26 AM

Nah! Ole Ben just liked to brag about shooting at black men to keep them away from the voting booths, and terrorizing blacks at every opportunity to "keep them in their place" ......but he did love Clemson......yassuh!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^ found one.***

Dec 28, 2012, 8:28 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ^^^ found one.***

Dec 28, 2012, 8:37 AM

Nice try dude, but it has always bothered me that we continue to honor a man who was one of the most vicious racists in U.S. History. Yes, he had an integral part in founding our school, and we should be grateful for that, but at the same time he was a blatant champion of white racial supremacy.

nice try? you're removing any doubt.***

Dec 28, 2012, 8:50 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ^^^ found one.***

Dec 28, 2012, 4:25 PM [ in reply to Re: ^^^ found one.*** ]

Well, coot, I thought your kind didn't like history! 65-41-4.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Offers would come to you to explain

Dec 28, 2012, 8:44 AM [ in reply to Re: Did Ole Pitch Fork have anything against the ACC? ]

how people in history first have to be judged as members of the society that existed in place---how they were affected by policies, norms, traditions, family, etc, etc.

But someone as myopic, shortsighted and lacking the ability of analysis to speak intelligently on such issues as slavery, race, reconstruction, and the violence and ignorance on both sides during those years would not benefit from any such advice.

Try getting about 20 years of maturity behind you then come back and tell us all how black and white every issue is.

YASSUH!!

idiot

(Incidentally, Clemson supporters praise what Tillman did for OUR university, not his political views.)

Message was edited by: tigrjm76®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Offers would come to you to explain

Dec 28, 2012, 10:52 AM

tigrjm76, I'm so impressed with your vocabulary, but you do know enough about Tillman to know his recorded statements on his hatred of black people, right? We're not talking about "ignorance on both sides" but about an evil, racist politician who was an embarrassment to the entire state with his published views on race. Check out a couple of 1890's history books on your way back from the cleaners after you pick up your robe and hood. Tweet that! Print that!

His statements pale in comparison to those of Lincoln,

Dec 28, 2012, 11:00 AM

Grant, and Sherman.

Hell, in Lincoln's state, it was illegal for a black person to enter.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: His statements pale in comparison to those of Lincoln,

Dec 28, 2012, 12:47 PM

You're kidding, right? In a speech before the U.S. Senate on March 23, 1900, Tillman defended the use of shotguns to prevent blacks from voting. In the same speech, "We have never believed him (Negro) to be the equal of the white man" and "I would to God that the last one of them was in Africa." Nice guy, right? TR was embarrassed by him so much that he was the only senator banned from the White House during TR's presidency.

Re: His statements pale in comparison to those of Lincoln,

Dec 28, 2012, 12:57 PM

Who cares?

I'm so tired up blacks this whites that!

It was the 1890s. Your quote is from 1900! Yeah, racism existed and was pretty prevalent then, but Tillman's political views and personal beliefs do not detract from what he did founding a university like Clemson.

A university can't pick its founder any more than you can pick your parents. Clemson, as an institution, has never taken up sheets and hoods to keep the blacks out, or to discriminate against blacks in general.

So let's all just get over it, huh?

good luck.***

Dec 28, 2012, 1:08 PM

It requires so little effort to be

Dec 28, 2012, 1:11 PM [ in reply to Re: His statements pale in comparison to those of Lincoln, ]

a coot. Ignorance, lack of perspective, and jealousy of all things Clemson make for such small people. And then, to come on a sports board and start making racist tonalities. How freakin' pathetic are you???

Congratulations. Soon as you've climbed off the Ben Tillman soapbox from over 100 years ago, run back and read up on some of the comments by usuck Board of Trustees just before integration occurred there....and then read what happened when Harvey Gantt matriculated to Clemson.

Or the slave quarters on usuck's campus?? Or how usuck actually shut down for several years rather admit African-Americans or the supporters of education for them.

Go away little boy. The rest of your chicken buddies are calling.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tillman was a racist.....as was Wade Hampton...

Dec 28, 2012, 1:50 PM

but I bet the pot-stirrer doesn't want to talk abt him. This is such a silly discussion....judging today's institutions by what their 19th century leaders said then. Two words: Thomas Jefferson.

Re: It requires so little effort to be

Dec 28, 2012, 5:06 PM [ in reply to It requires so little effort to be ]

tigrjm76, Why are YOU so obsessed with USC? If anyone on this board exhibits a mind of their own, the "coots" start raining down on them. Sorry to disappoint, but if I were a "coot", why would I be jealous of all things Clemson? Do you really believe that all Gamecock fans are jealous of all things Tiger or vice versa? So I'm pathetic, huh? Is that because of my CU degree, or maybe because I've been going to Tiger football games for 30 years? Tillman was a racist, no doubt about it, and if a lot of us Tiger fans had their way, that beautiful centerpiece of our beautiful campus (you know, the one with the clock tower?) would NOT be named for him, as well as the statue on the State House grounds.

Dec 28, 2012, 1:59 PM [ in reply to Offers would come to you to explain ]

people forget that Hitler was a great supporter of the arts

Dec 28, 2012, 2:51 PM

He was also a gun grabbing, anti-hunting vegetarian. Typical leftist....

Original

Dec 28, 2012, 12:59 PM

I think the OP was referring to the chicken curse and I didn't see where he was praising BT at all. It does seem like some some cursing may be taking place. Maybe root magic in Columbia??

Re: Did Ole Pitch Fork have anything against the ACC?

Dec 28, 2012, 3:31 PM

At this point in time, Ole Pitch Fork is way overrated.

Replies: 18
| visibility 1,524
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic