Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Here's the deal with our BBall Program
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1,830

Here's the deal with our BBall Program

Jan 4, 2015, 7:47 AM

1) OP left BB a dumpster fire
2) We're a young team.
3) Just wait Littlejohn is renovated. We can't recruit here now.
4) Nobody else can do a better job.
5) Don't question the direction of this program...Coot!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree. Things will get better.***

Jan 4, 2015, 7:53 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I agree. Things will get better.***

Jan 4, 2015, 7:59 AM

Can they get any worse?

Re: I agree. Things will get better.***

Jan 4, 2015, 8:04 AM

Yes. Shyatt years = worse

Does starting out 0-5 in conference play qualify as worse?

Jan 4, 2015, 8:39 AM [ in reply to Re: I agree. Things will get better.*** ]

nm

Re: Here's the deal with our BBall Program

Jan 4, 2015, 8:00 AM

Come on I'm sure Phil Jackson would love to give it the college try

Jan 4, 2015, 8:21 AM

I have heard this "we will get better" stuff since Bobby Roberts. Don't think that Littlejohn being upgraded will help...we need to do what other schools do, go and hire a proven coach, pay him what he requires. The only glimmer of hope we had in our life time was Tates Locke and he turned out to be a crook...At least put out an entertaining product which at this point in time we cant compete and are not entertaining to watch. At the very least, get a Greg Buckner or a Larry Nance on staff to go out and recruit...I cannot understand why we do not have depth and higher profile players, its a given anyone with talent can play for the tigers.

Jan 4, 2015, 9:04 AM

Even Bobby Roberts beat Duke & UNC during the same week @ Fike. #### that was a fun time.

Jan 4, 2015, 8:18 AM

Re:Here is the deal with our BBall program
1)OP left 6 years ago.The fire should at least be contained by now.
2)That excuse get old after a while.We had 2 senior starters and 2 junior startes on the floor last night.Plus a couple of newly recruited frosh's who came in with high expectations.
3) Littlejohn,or no Littlejohn.You play where you play.
P.S.Get back with me on this one after next season.you may be on to something with a new improved arena.
4)Maybe,maybe not,but your not going to win many games recruitng defensive players.You need shooters who can put the ball in the freakin' basket.
5)Just because you question the direction of the program doesn't mean your a coot,especially if even a coot can't tell you which direction the program is heading.

To Leftie's point

Jan 4, 2015, 8:28 AM

Talking about facilities, we were a better and more successful team playing in Fike Field House than in Littlejohn ...at least teams hated to play us there...and that is why we always played UNC and NCSU in the north-south doubleheader in Charlotte...I always heard that was our home game with them....I do not remember Littlejohn intimidating anybody in recent history. Maybe when Elden Campbell, Dale Davis, Moose Campbell, et al were around but certainly not since

you are te type of person why

Jan 4, 2015, 8:35 AM

Clemson bb will always suck

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One of the worst and least informative posts on Tnet

Jan 4, 2015, 8:51 AM

1. OP did not leave the program in a dumpster fire. BB had his best year the first he was hired and led team to his only NCAA tournament on OP recruited talent. We have gotten worse each of the last six years and BB recruits horribly. OP brought in some 4 star guys. Most of BB players we recruit against Elon or Cornell or Gardner Webb. OP had a very fun entertaining style of basketball. BB has a very boring style of play that most of Tiger Nation finds unwatchable when they suck.
2. Only renovating a stadium is not going to have a big effect on recruiting
3. If we have 50 million to put on a renovation then we have money to put on a high level coach. We should have given OP what he wanted. Now we need a Greg Marshall type hire.
4. Very immature to just say criticizing a program obvious to everyone is on the decline is a coot.

I am not defending Brad, but we haven't gotten worse each

Jan 4, 2015, 7:32 PM

year. If you say his first year was his best, ok. But last year, his fourth, was a big improvement over years 2 and 3. Recruiting is the problem. He and Roy Williams could swap players, and their records would also swap.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You forgot #6

Jan 4, 2015, 9:50 AM

If you question Brownell then "you don't know anything about basketball". My favorite.

disagree, Players weren't giving 100% on rebounding

Jan 4, 2015, 10:13 AM

Brad should be able to fix that even if they can't win,if not another coach should

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 1,830
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic