Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Herbstreit takes to Twitter, says ESPN not SEC biased....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 1

Herbstreit takes to Twitter, says ESPN not SEC biased....

Aug 10, 2015, 6:27 PM

I've really tried to respect this guy over the years. But after frequently hearing him refer to any good team as "they're built like an SEC team" I just have my reservations on him. I recall the 2014 title game where Auburn faced off against FSU and he stated that FSU, "they just haven't faced SEC caliber defenses." Yet at the time of that statement, the supposedly awesome SEC defense was only a whopping 7 points better. But given the accolades being handed out by the commentators one would think they were pitching a total shut out.

For a guy who claims they aren't biased, then why put the SEC on a pedestal above and beyond everyone else in the first place? Silly me, looking at teams as individual institutions and not affiliations of conference.

Plus this, "If somebody says we've got SEC bias, then deal with it." Brent Musberger.

And this, "Like I said, if an SEC doesn't make the playoffs, ESPN will shut down." Joey Galloway

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/kirk-herbstreit-twitter-rant-hammers-sec-bias/

Kirk Herbstreit
? @KirkHerbstreit

I thought @espn only cared about the SEC?? Weird their first day of camp coverage is at Ohio St.?! ??. So much for that tired conspiracy!

Kirk Herbstreit
? @KirkHerbstreit

Obviously!! You know what @espn has a bias for in their reporting?! Winning and Championships.

Kirk Herbstreit
? @KirkHerbstreit

Again-Obviously-That's why the SEC received so much coverage from 06-12. They won 7 straight titles. That's my point

Kirk Herbstreit
? @KirkHerbstreit

No, just think people need to recognize Natl coverage is directly related to winning. That's why OSU everywhere now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtQJMZSplik

And then THE ONE TIME I agreed with Paul Johnson
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Otczc9rQN8Y

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've always felt Herbie was biased...

Aug 10, 2015, 6:34 PM

for Ohio State. basically pleaded the case for them to be in playoffs last year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I've always felt Herbie was biased...

Aug 10, 2015, 6:38 PM

Well , they proved that they belonged when they were invited . Bama and FSU did not .
The entire thing here to me is that the institution of ESPN is in a business agreement with several of the POWER5 , but only seem to tout the SEC when they are talking about the upper echelon of the CFB world . That changes from year to year ...heyall , from week to week in a season .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Deserved to be in the playoff.***

Aug 10, 2015, 6:41 PM [ in reply to I've always felt Herbie was biased... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and TCU didn't?***

Aug 10, 2015, 7:32 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: and TCU didn't?***

Aug 10, 2015, 7:46 PM

I absolutely felt like TCU deserved a spot in the playoff ....but what team that hot in would ...or more aptly , should have been left out ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: and TCU didn't?***

Aug 11, 2015, 12:30 AM

Yea, I was actually for TCU over Baylor, despite losing on the field...but the fact that there was a debate over who really truly won their conference definitely hurt them.

Not over Ohio State.***

Aug 11, 2015, 9:48 AM [ in reply to and TCU didn't?*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Biggest OSU homer there is

Aug 10, 2015, 10:30 PM [ in reply to I've always felt Herbie was biased... ]

rightfully so. But he has called out the sec homers several times before

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Meanwhile, all the OSU fans think he's a traitor

Aug 10, 2015, 11:08 PM

The guy will never be able to show enough favor for OSU fans, and he'll never be able to be neutral enough for anybody else.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very true because fans are crazy.***

Aug 11, 2015, 9:49 AM

I agree with him. The SEC is just way over-hyped.

Aug 10, 2015, 6:36 PM

They are usually the best, though, I thought the PAC 12 was the best last year.

Re: Herbstreit takes to Twitter, says ESPN not SEC biased....

Aug 10, 2015, 6:46 PM

It's funny he says there is no bias, then he goes on to defend why they are biased.

Someone should twit, tweet, whatever ya'll call it and ask him why they didn't broadcast live from the other conferences media days like they did the SEC.

So the SEC won 7 in a row until '12. It's now '15 and

Aug 10, 2015, 6:50 PM

last season, they tanked their top bowls. Yet, they are still covered over everyone else.

I like Kirk H., but they are biased. He's just lawyerin' and slantin'.

Just scrolled trough ESPN Mobile cfb front page.. 50 write-ups. 2 ACC. Both ab suspended players

Aug 10, 2015, 7:01 PM

Apparently someone from UNC is suspended, and some PITT players stated that his DUI was "a dumb miatake."

SEC biased, or ACC biased-against? Both strategies increase SEC potential for winning big.

Tyler Boyd from Pitt is All-American quality***

Aug 10, 2015, 11:12 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 10, 2015, 7:18 PM

The fact that he addresses the issue says all you need to know.

Says the reporter who is paid by ESPN***

Aug 10, 2015, 7:19 PM

And who played QB at Ohio State***

Aug 10, 2015, 10:05 PM

Aug 10, 2015, 8:39 PM

That's like trusting a politician.... Of course they're not corrupt

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Need undisputable proof of their bias?

Aug 10, 2015, 8:52 PM

Somebody on T-Net a week or so ago did a disparity in the rankings between the ESPN top 25 and the coaches poll. The total dispersal difference was off the charts for the ESPN poll in regards to the SouthEastern Conference compared to all other conferences. It was certainly outside the possibility of statistical probability.

I wish I could find the post.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Aug 10, 2015, 8:55 PM

The butt hurt is strong with him.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 10, 2015, 8:56 PM

http://awfulannouncing.com/2014/college-gameday-clock-baylor.html

The SEC is still the best conference. We just hate the coots

Aug 10, 2015, 10:10 PM

But as a proud southerner, it's a no brainer that the SEC would attract the best athletes. Plus we grow better athletes down here.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In other news... Hitler was not a racist

Aug 10, 2015, 10:12 PM

and water no longer wet. Film at 11

I guess it's settled now.

Aug 10, 2015, 10:13 PM

It's about time somebody from ESPiN denied what is obvious.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let us not forget what Paul Finebaum said.

Aug 10, 2015, 11:02 PM

He said that FSU was secretly an SEC Team... I remember it like it was yesterday. I was eating in the DFAC in Camp Dwyer when I heard it. I choked on my cereal.

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

Don't Get Me Wrong

Aug 10, 2015, 11:14 PM

I believe that Clemson deserves better respect. However, respect comes by beating those who are highly touted. The BIG 10 just announced that they will no longer play anyone outside of the Power 5 Conferences. To me, that seems like a daring move on the part of the BIG 10 Commissioner. I wish that Swofford would make that sort of statement. Beating up on Wofford, SCST, and AppSt. doesn't prove anything. I believe our season opener should be UGA, and the two other teams outside of the conference should come from the BIG 10, BIG 12 or PAC 12. Outside of that you've only proven that you can annihilate an obvious inferior opponent. If we truly believe that we have the talent and coaching staff in our program then why not bring our best game forward.

On the other hand, I sort of like the fact that Clemson is ignored in the media. That way we can take the Playoffs by storm. Should this team of very young players go undefeated this season and win the playoffs then we should expect a repeat, and even a third run under Watson should he remain at Clemson. By then, we have a dynasty and can basically recruit a roster full of nothing but 5* athletes. This season will be crucial for Clemson.

GO TIGERS!

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

Okla State called, they want 2011 back.

Aug 10, 2015, 11:19 PM

I imagine LSU does, too, for that matter.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yeah kirk ill remember that when..

Aug 10, 2015, 11:42 PM

yall at espn are trying to justify why two sec teams should be in the playoffs and its going to happen

Aug 11, 2015, 12:45 AM

I think Kirk is the best announcer in college football and believe he isn't biased towards the SEC (or Ohio State for that matter), but disagree with him on this one. Unfortunately, the vast majority of mainstream sports media (which ESPN is 90% of) is filled with hacks, and the SEC will always get them clicks.

However, I do believe that the notion ESPN is intentionally swaying things towards the SEC for nefarious purposes is a bit nuts.

Funny that he mentions the campus visits being at OSU first

Aug 11, 2015, 12:47 AM

They end with three SEC teams. Only conference where they'll visit 3 members while they only visit two members of the other conferences. No ACC stops btw. :/

Herbstreit fought the good fight for a long time, but

Aug 11, 2015, 7:05 AM

I think his superiors have worn away his resolve and objectiveness. It's a Stockholm Syndrome of a sort.

That 1st one about OSU. lol. Geez. Well DUH, Herbie!

Aug 11, 2015, 9:35 AM

ESPN is not only blatantly $EC biased, but they are USC (the real one), OSU, and Michigan biased too. Always have been. So big surprise the 1st day of camp coverage was at OSU.

He trying to convince himself not us***

Aug 11, 2015, 9:41 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Simple answer... Link: http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/

Aug 11, 2015, 10:15 AM

Then 'Choose blog'... Guess you have to be a member of the "club"....

Replies: 35
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic