Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Heisman Convo
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Heisman Convo

Nov 29, 2018, 12:21 PM

It’s pretty obvious that Tua and Kyler Murray are the top two candidates for the Heisman this year, and no doubt Tua is the odds on favorite to win. But there has to be a 3rd person in New York with them. All Bias aside I would think Etienne would have to be the 3rd finalist. Granted he won’t win it this year, but correct me if I’m wrong I don’t see a 3rd player out there that deserves to be there other then him.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Heisman Convo

Nov 29, 2018, 12:23 PM

Ohio state QB may be there too.

Haskins from Ohio State may get an invite...

Nov 29, 2018, 12:26 PM

or maybe Grier from West Virginia or Minshew from Washington Staten

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

not enough carries

Nov 29, 2018, 12:29 PM

wont happen. Etienne's carries were way down the 2nd half of the season. He got a 28 carries Saturday, but seems he didnt get 28 carries combined the previous 3 games. Im not sure why. I should call around and see. He may have been dinged up a few games but it costs him a chain in NYC imo.

Re: not enough carries

Nov 29, 2018, 3:02 PM

Maybe just maybe bc in those games they stacked the box...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 29, 2018, 12:29 PM

I am very sorry but when they bypassed Deshawn I lost all respect for the Heisman.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DW4 not winning was criminal...

Nov 29, 2018, 12:34 PM

The award was literally stolen from him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Nov 29, 2018, 12:35 PM [ in reply to Re: Heisman Convo ]

Here Here!!!! They should give it to little Jakey for helping the coots to score 35 on us. I mean it has become a give it to somebody award, and they don't have to come close to being the best all around college player in college FB. It just has to be a player that is known by somebody high up in the sports world that can call on his friends known as Heisman voters through the media, and that is all that is needed to get a player voted for to become the Heisman winner, and that is Sad when politics can get a player voted to be a Heisman winner over skill, talent, hard work and dedication to his team!!!!

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DeShawn Williams was a good DT but they don't win Heismans***

Nov 29, 2018, 12:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Heisman Convo ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 29, 2018, 1:29 PM [ in reply to Re: Heisman Convo ]

I agree, and when Spiller wasn't even invited. The Heisman is a lie. Look at the nebulous criteria. But, it does imply character and community. Deshawn beat Lamar is a game that year and showed character/community but it was decided early and the voters a lazy and like mindless sensationalistic journalists.

yup and lamar was garbage down the stretch

Nov 29, 2018, 1:41 PM

they penned him in after the month of september and never looked back

choosing Jackson over Watson

Nov 29, 2018, 1:44 PM

Pretty much went against the entire history of the Heisman. Winner/leader types with great play historically always win over the flashy video games number guy (there is always 1 per year or so) but they flipped that on it's head that year and chose the video game number guy

Re: choosing Jackson over Watson

Nov 29, 2018, 4:50 PM

Was a Joke, and the whole world knows it, they don't care, they do what they want to do with who ever they want to do it FOR!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 29, 2018, 2:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Heisman Convo ]

Biggest mistakes in Heisman history:

1. Peyton Manning not winning in 1997
2. Deshaun Watson not winning in 2016

Nov 29, 2018, 3:22 PM

Individual awards are too far down Dabo's Totem Pole for a Tiger to win a Heisman. Exhibit D. Watson... If Clemson were to get a Heisman, that was the opportunity...TL? Possible, unless Dabo gets the Next Big Thing out of California... Then his focus will be on the next generation...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 29, 2018, 3:42 PM

TL will rectify the screw job on Watson and will win 2 Heismans if not 3 Heismans. I truly think TL would return for his senior year just like his idol, Peyton Manning.

Nov 29, 2018, 4:56 PM

If I were a Clemson player and got invited to the Heisman ceremony, I would politely decline the offer and stay at home to play red dead redemption 2.
It’s way more entertaining.

Nov 30, 2018, 3:55 AM

I got and play that game, and it is a much harder game to play than the first Red dead Redemption!!! ;)

Nov 30, 2018, 4:49 AM

ET may have competition for the Heisman next year with guess who?....TL

Don't know about y'all, but the heisman is dominished in

Nov 30, 2018, 4:25 AM

my eyes ever since I realized that its already decided, and after Lemaz Johnson got it instead of Deshaun.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 30, 2018, 4:50 AM

Etinenne won't get invited. Great player but....
1) He only been mentioned sporadically about the Heisman all year.
2) There's been no National PR behind him.
3) He's one of many weapon's on Clemson's offense.
4) He's not even the MVP on our team.

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic