»
Topic: Hard to believe how many late hits on Watson by BC ...
Replies: 6   Last Post: Oct 20, 2015 8:18 AM by: grover173
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 6  

Hard to believe how many late hits on Watson by BC ...

[1]
Posted: Oct 19, 2015 11:59 PM

Didn't notice it so much from the stands during the game, but after watching the game on DVR, I think that a personal foul could have been called 4-5 times for roughing the passer and I don't believe it was called but once ... and that was late in the game.

Film should be submitted to the league office.

Re: Hard to believe how many late hits on Watson by BC ...

Posted: Oct 20, 2015 2:22 AM

All good good defenses try to wear a good QB down with repeated blows to the body .

2019 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

You mean legal hits, don't you?

Posted: Oct 20, 2015 7:53 AM

There is a fine line between legal and late. BC crossed it several times without a flag.

2019 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg

The ref has to call it to set some kind of tone or the

Posted: Oct 20, 2015 8:07 AM

defense will keep pushing the envelope. Call 1 or 2 early and the late hits will stop quickly, let it go and they will continue, and quite possibly get even later and more egregious. I can't really blame BC.

Re: Hard to believe how many late hits on Watson by BC ...

Posted: Oct 20, 2015 3:06 AM

Totally agree. If memory serves, there were two late hits during the same series very early in the game that should have drawn flags.

One definitely should have been targetting

Posted: Oct 20, 2015 7:39 AM

hat right under his face mask.

Refs missed a ton of these

Posted: Oct 20, 2015 8:18 AM

There was a play in the very first series, 3rd down I think, where a BC defender took 3 steps AFTER Watson threw the ball and hit Watson as hard as he could. Should have been a roughing the passer call--it doesn't get much more obvious than that. But the refs ignored it. Even the announcers mentioned it should have been called, so you know it was blatant.

I'm very frustrated with the conference's refereeing situation right now. BC refs were bad, but at least they didn't almost cost us the game like they did at Louisville.

Replies: 6  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Texas A&M
FOR SALE: Two tickets for Texas A&M in lower deck section UI underneath the overhang so you'll stay cool in th...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
1260 people have read this post