Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Man, the coots are a perennial powerhouse.***
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 3,829

Man, the coots are a perennial powerhouse.***

Jun 26, 2014, 12:35 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What about Vandy and Kentucky?

Jun 26, 2014, 12:35 PM

:)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

HOW DARE YOU!!!

Jun 26, 2014, 1:14 PM

We all know that Scar's inaugural season was in 2009. How dare you create all these make believe "facts"? Scar fans hate "the truth." You're just doing this to ruffle their feathers. You're just jealous Clemson can't rejoice about 4th and 5th place conference finishes because that's "effing ridiculous."

~JKB

Re: HOW DARE YOU!!!

Jun 26, 2014, 3:18 PM

Fourth or fifth place finish in the ACC would be disgraceful.

Maybe you should win something remotely relevant

Jun 26, 2014, 3:41 PM

EVER.

Then you can be taken seriously instead of comparing your 4th-5th place finish in the SEC to teams actually accomplishing something.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

Re: Maybe you should win something remotely relevant

Jun 26, 2014, 4:21 PM

I have never heard a single South Carolina fan not readily admit that the history of South Carolina is below average. Not sure what the purpose of posting something that is widely accepted as a fact.

South Carolina over history has been a very average at best with only a few moments of sunshine.

Of course at one time Yale, Princeton, Army, Dartmouth, Tulane and Rutgers were all Top 10 teams....today.....well

And regardless of the past 100 years, you do not receive any extra points on the board TODAY for winning a game back in 1930.

The scoreboard starts 0-0 each week and for the past few years we all know how the scoreboard read at game's end.

You mad, bro?

Jun 26, 2014, 4:26 PM

Y'all are mighty "cocky" for a program that's been relevant for a couple years. Nothing against you personally, but I know plenty of Gamecock fans that act like they've dominated football for decades and can't wait to rub all the SEC accomplishments in our faces. My point was simply that until you actually do something beyond have a 5 game winning streak against one team in the HISTORY of your program, then you might want to relax. Sorry for posting more facts for you.

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

Re: You mad, bro?

Jun 26, 2014, 4:34 PM

Alot of Gamecocks fans should remember where they came from and act like they have been there before.

They should also remember that as hard as it was to get the program to this level, it is very easy to fall back.....

Clemson fans should remember that there really is no room for talk when you have 5 straight double digit losses. Also what happened in 1910 is irrelevant today.

Jun 26, 2014, 4:36 PM

Also I don't consider a 5 game winning streak over Clemson as the end of all of USC recent accomplishments.

Illusions of self grandeur on your type and other Clemson fans.

Really? That's not the best accomplishment

Jun 26, 2014, 4:37 PM

in USC history?

Then tell me what is and explain why USC fans don't talk about that instead?

And explain why the Old Ball Coach

Jun 26, 2014, 4:38 PM [ in reply to Re: You mad, bro? ]

can't even get through a speech anywhere, anytime without bringing it up.

Seems pretty significant.

Jun 27, 2014, 6:07 PM [ in reply to Re: You mad, bro? ]

Lolol that's rich.

Who said anything about 1910?

Jun 26, 2014, 4:37 PM [ in reply to Re: You mad, bro? ]

And it's pretty easy to dismiss history when you don't have one.

lol

Jun 26, 2014, 2:21 PM

nm

Re: Man, the coots are a perennial powerhouse.***

Jun 26, 2014, 3:51 PM

Can we get that as a T-shirt ?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sure, you can make them out of the Gamecock

Jun 26, 2014, 3:54 PM

2011 SEC Champs shirts that were never used.

Those gotta be laying around somewhere.

Re: Sure, you can make them out of the Gamecock

Jun 26, 2014, 4:39 PM

An interesting fact

Clemson vs. the SEC (minus USC)

Alabama 15 games 3 wins 12 losses 0 ties
Arkansas – never played
Auburn 49 13 34 2
LSU 3 1 2 0
Mississippi 2 0 2 0
Mississippi St 3 1 1 1
Texas A&M 4 1 3 0

Florida 13 3 9 1
Georgia 63 18 41
Kentucky 13 5 8 0
Tennessee 19 6 11 2
Vanderbilt 4 1 3 0

Clemson Record
188 games
52 wins 126 losses 6 ties for a 0.276595745 winning percentage.

Clemson does not have a winning record against a single SEC except for USC.

Just out of curiosity, what's the Gamecock's record

Jun 26, 2014, 4:40 PM

in the SEC oh say for about the last 40 years?

Re: Just out of curiosity, what's the Gamecock's record

Jun 26, 2014, 4:43 PM

Since joining the SEC in 1992, South Carolina is 78-88-1 against the conference. Average as are all things USC historically.

2010's 23 10 0
2000's 37 43 0
1990's 18 45 1

Ok, well in order to make a fair comparison,

Jun 26, 2014, 4:48 PM

let's make sure to talk about USC's record against SEC teams all time, like you did with Clemson.

It's 101-166-10.

So, slight nod in their favor, but hard to compare when Clemson doesn't play but 1-2 of them a year.

Jun 26, 2014, 4:44 PM [ in reply to Re: Sure, you can make them out of the Gamecock ]

We also aren't in the conference and don't get a chance to catch up. Pretty sure we'd whip KY, Olé Miss, Mississippi State, Florida, Vandy, and Tennessee on a regular basis and easily right those ships. UGA is really the only team out of the question of catching up to.

We'd be competitive every year with LSU, Auburn and Bama. Heck, we already beat LSU once in the past two years and Auburn twice in the past 3.

Jun 26, 2014, 4:49 PM

Agreed very good points.....Clemson TODAY could compete. I don't think the Tigers would have won a single EAST or SEC title in the past 20 years but they would be a contender year and year out.

South Carolina was in no way prepared for SEC play in 1992 and Clemson would have really struggled with some of the West and Bowden teams.

It took USC 2 decades to close the gap, Clemson is clearly there today and would be a favorite most seasons to compete for a trip to the SEC title game.

Fair points all around! +1

Jun 26, 2014, 4:52 PM

I feel like I've been a bit combative. Got my blood running hot today for some reason! Sorry about that!

Re: Fair points all around! +1

Jun 26, 2014, 4:56 PM

No problem.... still trying to breath again after the futbol match earlier. I knew that no work would be accomplished today.

Duke 24-17-3: who needs to list SEC impotence?***

Jun 27, 2014, 7:24 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Duke 24-17-3: who needs to list SEC impotence?***

Jun 27, 2014, 8:39 PM

It sounds like this Wofford guy is trying to compare USUC football to Clemson Football in terms of historical relavance and overall achievement. I dare say that is a bit difficult to do. Just the head to head reall kills that comparison out of the gate.
Then get into all time wins versus losses. Again , not even close and rather depressing if you are a coot fan ....near .500 football for 1.25 centuries. Ouch.
Terrier fan , I appreciate your time and effort but wouldn't your effort be better directed if you were to compare your team to say ...Furman all time ? Or the Blue Hose ? What about Newberry ?
Leave the big boy football teams to work it out for themselves.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Replies: 25
| visibility 3,829
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic