Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Y'all wanna see something cool?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 580

Y'all wanna see something cool?

May 18, 2020, 2:35 PM

I have this ten year old Traxxas RC truck that I decided to update. Got a new body and painted it, got new body mounts, aluminum camber arms, new wheels and tires, aluminum shock caps, brush guards, and an aftermarket gearbox cover. Now I need to get a new battery and maybe upgrade the motor.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

nice grass***

May 18, 2020, 2:36 PM

I can't remember what kind we had but we had one back in

May 18, 2020, 2:38 PM

high school. Fast as ####. Me and 2 buddies went in on a 3 way deal on it (devil's 3 way). Then those to dumbshits were driving it around in the school parking lot and it got runt over.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

cool, but your yard has a big sink hole in it***

May 18, 2020, 2:46 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I love the little rock crawlers

May 18, 2020, 3:11 PM

rpphobby.com is where I used to get most stuff.

If you really want to get addicted and blow some money, get yourself one of these:
https://www.rpphobby.com/product_p/prb08029.htm

I had mine going 50+ until I flipped it and ruined all the components. I think they water proof them better now.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think it was Holmes Hobbies who used to have the awesome

May 18, 2020, 3:12 PM

motors. I'd always end up gearing mine for speed and burning motors up, the holmes hobbies seemed to last the longest.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm just getting into gearing now.

May 18, 2020, 3:19 PM

Got a few different pinion gears that I'll be experimenting with. Going more for torque than top speed, which should be less likely to roast the motor.

Might be worth looking into a 2 speed transmission

May 18, 2020, 3:32 PM

Without knowing anything about your driveshafts, I had to switch to metal ones once I started tinkering. The stock ones did not make it long.

That would require some kinda conversion.

May 18, 2020, 3:49 PM

My truck's a 2WD Stampede. Trying to remember why I went with 2WD instead of 4WD. Still running the stock brushed motor, so I'm not too concerned if I burn that up. I'm also running the old style battery and need to upgrade to a LIPO, which would likely require swapping out the ECU.

The TRX-4 Defender rock crawler is awesome.

May 18, 2020, 3:16 PM [ in reply to I love the little rock crawlers ]

https://traxxas.com/news/land-rover-defender

Gonna be a while before I get a new vehicle. Or at least that's what I'm telling myself right now.

I've got the original Axial SCX-10

May 18, 2020, 3:22 PM

http://www.axialracing.com/products/ax90059

Looks like this, but a silver body. Of course, I added metal long arms, a lift kit, adjustable springs, aluminum wheels, and iroks. I was killing motors with the heavier rims, bigger tires, and different gear set. I burned up a motor one day and just never ordered another one. Now you've got me wanting to build a new course and getting it back out.

If my stupid son would just stop being a baby we could partake in this stuff together and I wouldn't look like such a nerd out there by myself.

Got the kid a Traxxas Slash 4wd for Christmas.

May 18, 2020, 4:06 PM

It has been everywhere. He had his heart set on a TRX-4 Tactical, but had trouble with finding it online in stock, and the all-in price was more than I really felt comfortable with for his first real RC.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Got the kid a Traxxas Slash 4wd for Christmas.

May 18, 2020, 4:07 PM

https://www.hobbyquarters.com/traxxas-82066-4-camo-trx-4-tactical-unit-4wd-elect.html

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's scary easy to wake up one day and realize you've

May 19, 2020, 10:12 AM [ in reply to Got the kid a Traxxas Slash 4wd for Christmas. ]

got over $1k in a remote control car.

Hey, CS02, wanna up your game?

May 19, 2020, 11:13 AM

One of these bad boys in a park would be like hunting deer over a pile of corn.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Replies: 14
| visibility 580
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic