Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
GT AD would like to drop Clemson as permanent crossover
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

GT AD would like to drop Clemson as permanent crossover

Apr 23, 2015, 1:26 PM

game. This is probably Germans, but it's the first time I have seen it. Maybe they don't want the competition??

https://twitter.com/aadelsonESPN/status/588753883884756996

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

I don't blame him. I wouldn't want to play Clemson

Apr 23, 2015, 1:28 PM

right now either.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

I was thinking the same***

Apr 23, 2015, 1:29 PM

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Is that you Jack???***

Apr 23, 2015, 1:30 PM [ in reply to I don't blame him. I wouldn't want to play Clemson ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't blame him. I wouldn't want to play Clemson

Apr 23, 2015, 1:35 PM [ in reply to I don't blame him. I wouldn't want to play Clemson ]

Just ask Jack!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And I wouldn't be opposed to not playing GT every year***

Apr 23, 2015, 1:28 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: And I wouldn't be opposed to not playing GT every year***

Apr 23, 2015, 2:27 PM

With the competition level within acc football, I hope we never drop GT or any other acc team with a pulse in FB. We have to play OOC power teams every year now just to get our RPI up enough to play in a decent bowl game as it is. And to play in the 4 team play off, we better play some very good OOC teams or we don't stand a chance of getting in one of those spots. Swofford is an idiot for sitting by and not pressuring acc schools to get their FB programs more competitive. Its embarrassing that our conference is so weak in FB, that if we don't play major OOC teams every year, we don't stand a snowball chance in the AZ desert to play in the 4 team play offs. When the sec is strong enough that they can afford to play 3 cup cakes every year and still with ease play in the play offs, and could put 2 teams in if it was allowed. One of my biggest hopes is that I would love to see Clemson, FSU, GT, Louisville, Miami, ND, NCST, VT, NC/T holes, along with finding 5 more good FB teams with in range and put together anther conference. The North South conference would work with me, the china berry tree conference, anything as long as it wasn't the Atlantic Coast Conference.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

perception isn't reality. the sec only has 4 or 5 teams that

Apr 23, 2015, 8:39 PM

realistically have national title aspirations annually , the acc has 3 or 4 - clemson,fsu,va.tech and part-time affiliate notre dame, the sec has 'bama,lsu,auburn and who else (annually)?. both conferences have a couple more that can step up in a given year. the media hype of the sec is what gives them that added advantage of being able to schedule all ooc pansies and still have a shot at the 4 team play-offs. if we could get to an 8 team play-off the hype would be SOMEWHAT neutralized. the sec eastern division is no stronger than the acc coastal right now, and the sec west wants no part of the acc atlantic's top teams!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just win and we will be fine. When has our schedule hurt?***

Apr 23, 2015, 10:35 PM [ in reply to Re: And I wouldn't be opposed to not playing GT every year*** ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wouldn't mind dropping them as permanent crossover..

Apr 23, 2015, 2:33 PM

would allow us to play the other Coastal Division teams more often. It's crazy that we only play in Blacksburg, VA once every 12 years or whatever.

Better yet, do away with the divisions and we'd see all ACC teams at least every other year. Top two teams play in ACCCG. And yes, some years we'd have to face FSU twice (once in regular season and once in ACCCG). We ain't skeered.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

I bet the City of Atlanta does not feel the same way.

Apr 23, 2015, 2:58 PM

$$$$$$ would be gone.

GT manages to sellout just one home game annually ....

Apr 23, 2015, 5:19 PM

and that game is either Clemson or Georgia.

GT eliminating Clemson as a permanent cross-over opponent would hurt GT alot more than it would hurt Clemson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: GT manages to sellout just one home game annually ....

Apr 23, 2015, 5:45 PM

GT is a good rivalry game , I hope we keep it as it is. Atlanta is proximal and one of the games that I often will travel for if the timing is right with my labor for pay contract (job).
I do like seeing the soured look on CPJ's face almost as much as I like hanging out in Buckhead .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

From what I have read, most GT fans want to keep the game as

Apr 23, 2015, 7:17 PM [ in reply to GT manages to sellout just one home game annually .... ]

is.

--Henry David Thoreau

Re: GT AD would like to drop Clemson as permanent crossover

Apr 23, 2015, 7:06 PM

Just plain nuts!!! Fine we will just beat then in the championship game if they make it!!

He skeered***

Apr 23, 2015, 7:18 PM

Re: He skeered***

Apr 24, 2015, 7:31 AM

lol - I wanted to say that too, but after getting our butts handed to us last year, I chose not to. :)

ie... Sick of Clemson getting good players from Georgia***

Apr 23, 2015, 7:46 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow, what a total slap in the face...

Apr 23, 2015, 8:21 PM

Why would he say something so stupid? Is he that unaware of the importance of that rivalry to both fanbases and the proximity of the two schools to one another? Dumb.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please no. We'd probably get stuck with Dook or some slouch.***

Apr 23, 2015, 10:10 PM

Dabo feels the same way.

Apr 23, 2015, 10:13 PM

Dabo is tired of Clemson beating Clemson too.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I personally think it would be a bad thing not

Apr 23, 2015, 10:21 PM

Playing them every year....I think it helps us prepare for them we just can't put it all together on the road...but I think if you take a few years off from seeing them it's that much harder to prepare for them.

It would be fine w/me if Clemson completely stops playing

Apr 24, 2015, 12:51 AM

Bobinski's yellow jackets immediatedly AFTER they play the Tigers in DV a consecutive number of times to equal the number of times Clemson traveled to Atlanta for the annual game before GaTech joined the ACC.

Otherwise, Bobinski needs to shut his pie hole and take his chances.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^^^^^AMEN!!!!!!***

Apr 24, 2015, 6:11 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Switch for VT***

Apr 24, 2015, 3:48 AM

Re: Switch for VT***

Apr 24, 2015, 7:18 AM

how bout this. we are in the toughest division by far. lets pick up the weakest sister in the atlantic, not the hardest

GT AD just a yellow-bellied coward! U skeered GT?

Apr 24, 2015, 7:15 AM

nm

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How do you keep Gamecocks out of your yard?
• Put up goal posts
What does a Gamecock grad call a Clemson Tiger grad in 2 years?
• Boss

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic