Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why does everyone think Sammy gets suspended??
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,040

Why does everyone think Sammy gets suspended??

May 4, 2012, 2:03 PM

Sammy ultimately will likely have the charges dropped or dismissed pending PTI or whatever they do to let FIRST TIME offenders have a second chance with a clean record. Also, I've heard alot of comparisons between this and Bellamy...these two situations are totally different. Sammy has been the model student, athlete, leader, worker, etc. Mike was not. The ACCCG suspension was the last straw, whereas with Sammy, this is the first straw. I think he gets some sort of suspension from team activities for a while, maybe gets put on a "probation" with Dabo, where a future issue results in crazy penalties/suspensions, maybe Dabo makes Sammy do some charity work to educate young people about the dangers of drugs/booze/pills.

I wouldn't be surprised if Dabo suspends Sammy for up to 2 games, but I wouldn't blame him or be surprised if he didn't suspend Sammy at all. I think Sammy's punishment will not be defined solely by what happened last night, but by Sammy's actions since he's been a Tiger (up to and including last night). We'll wait and see, but I'm confident Dabo will make a fair decision.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Forget the criminal outcome in the case, the fact is that he

May 4, 2012, 2:06 PM

put himself and the university in a negative light that has brought some embarrassment to our football program. For putting his school, coaches, and teammates in this situation where they have to hear and answer questions about it he should be punished.

Re: Forget the criminal outcome in the case, the fact is that he

May 4, 2012, 2:09 PM

I agree he should be punished, but does this warrant a suspension of a game months from now? If it's really meant to be a corrective action, then let's address it now and teach this young man and put this all behind us.

It does, there's nothing you can do punishment wise to him

May 4, 2012, 2:14 PM

right now that wouldn't be deemed a slap on the wrist by all observers, including the team. Just like in the NFL, if a guy gets arrested in May, he serves his punishment in September!

Spurrier would let him play...

May 4, 2012, 2:16 PM [ in reply to Re: Forget the criminal outcome in the case, the fact is that he ]

...but we're not the coots, we have a higher standard for our student athletes Suspend him 2 games Dabo, we don't put up with this, Sammy will be better for it. As an aside, we still love you Sammy, keep your head up - you will grow from this.

One of the reasons Sammy is here is because of Dabo's

May 4, 2012, 2:13 PM

intense concern for his players. These parents know the boys are going to be boys and evidently Dabo is considered an extension of their authority with equal measure. It seems we always get the cream of the crop when it comes to character.

Dabo will do the right thing for Sammy and the rest of the crew too.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo's hands are tied

May 4, 2012, 2:14 PM

The biggest differnece between this and Bellamy is that Sammy is the face of the university. He's talked about all of the time on ESPN. He has has specials made about his life growing up. Just like CJ was the image of Clemson when he was here so is Sammy now the image and he got arrested and put in jail.

Dabo has to suspend him for at least one game just to show that there is no favortism and that all are equal on our team.

Re: Why does everyone think Sammy gets suspended??

May 4, 2012, 2:18 PM

Can Dabo do like Spurrless and choose which quarter of which game to suspend him?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why does everyone think Sammy gets suspended??

May 4, 2012, 2:46 PM

I agree. Sammy will do PTI, get the charges dropped, more than likely do community service, he might get suspended from practice when it starts up. Nothing too severe I think

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,040
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic