Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Sounds like more money may be coming our way before 2019
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,647

Sounds like more money may be coming our way before 2019

Jul 21, 2016, 4:55 PM

https://twitter.com/DavidTeelatDP/status/756223639817715712

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

I thought we would. The TV contract was redone in all of

Jul 21, 2016, 5:31 PM

this. The ACC, however, doesn't release that information, reporters generally have to dig it up, or we have to wait until tax filing time to find out. But you know it had to be a good bump for the presidents to go ahead and extend the GOR. They wouldn't do that just on the promise of an ACC channel that they already had since the last GOR was signed.

I noticed a person on that tweet thread complaining that Notre Dame got an equal revenue cut from the future channel. That does not bother me or surprise me. Notre Dame still only receives 20 percent of one revenue share instead of a full revenue share from the overall conference broadcasting deal because their football is not all in. As for the future channel, they will receive a full seat at the table and they deserve it. The fact that Notre Dame games played at ACC stadiums, along with Notre Dame basketball home and away and all other sports will contribute greatly to the money and carriage of this network. They will be providing a great deal of inventory and may well be the difference in carriage vs non-carriage in some areas.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ND is Nationwide & will help ,like you said.

Jul 21, 2016, 5:36 PM

The other sports besides football are gonna drive this Network. 3rd tier football games are not the marque item here.

D@ng, I'm ready for football season where you and I can go back to arguing. Agreeing is just not as much fun.

Giving ND a full share would be a huge mistake.

Jul 21, 2016, 6:08 PM [ in reply to I thought we would. The TV contract was redone in all of ]

If you ever want them to join, which we all should, then you need to have some money to lure them. Considering anything over 30% would be ludicrous. Just that 20 is a nice raise and they also received the benefit of joining a conference that matches their academic, geographic, and stability needs.

Full share of the Network, not a full share of ESPN TV

Jul 21, 2016, 10:21 PM

contract is what's being done,.That's fair, because anyone that thinks ND nationwide presence will not be used to sell this network ,is just not thinking it through.

For football, the channel broadcast 3rd-tier games.

Jul 21, 2016, 10:10 PM [ in reply to I thought we would. The TV contract was redone in all of ]

Notre Dame football won't be on that channel, because any game with ND is not a 3rd-tier game by default - even if they played a full ACC slate. Not many Clemson or FSU football games will be on it either.

Does the syndication network disappear with this?

Re: For football, the channel broadcast 3rd-tier games.

Jul 21, 2016, 10:30 PM

I can answer that if y'all don't mind a Hokie jumping in.

1. Syndication network - disappears when the cable channel is launched in 2019. The "Raycom" games are the ones that will end up on the ACC Network.

2. Most years I agree - no Notre Dame football on the ACCN. However, in year one, I wouldn't be surprised to see ND @ Duke show up on the channel just to pressure cable companies to carry it.

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,647
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic