Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
For all the irrational Tiger fans...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

For all the irrational Tiger fans...

Jan 7, 2014, 1:46 PM

I've been reading the various posts today from a few Tiger fans who just can't believe that South Carolina is actually ranked above them in both final polls! I really do understand that blind hatred can possibly cloud your judgement and fog up your brain cells, but some of these guys must have been hibernating for the past four years or so. Do you actually think that this is a recent phenomenon? Check the final polls from the last four or five years...all of them! You are certainly free to believe what you wish, or spin those polls in whatever illogical manner helps you feel better about yourself, but the entire nation understands the truth. There is a very good reason that the Gamecocks are ranked ahead of the Tigers, and that is because the majority of the nation's media, fans, and coaches understand that they have a superior program at this time. Now that does not necessarily mean that they will have a better team next year, and it doesn't mean that the two programs aren't close in talent, coaching, or performance. As a matter of fact, the outstanding finish by both teams shines the national spotlight on college football in The Palmetto State, and I, for one (probably the only one here), am excited about both the Tiger's and Gamecock's current prominence on the national scene!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re:It appears that you are the only one. Time to leave?***

Jan 7, 2014, 1:55 PM

Jan 7, 2014, 1:58 PM

You're probably right about that! LOL! Where are you going, it's cold outside?

Jan 7, 2014, 2:06 PM [ in reply to Re:It appears that you are the only one. Time to leave?*** ]

It appears you have taken up residence on a number of Clemson boards , its a shame you cant stand the stench of your feathered boards .

I don't think any Clemson fan gives 2 dams what you think , because we know you are like a tick .

So you could spit out our nuts and take your act to the great chicken coop , its roost before roasting , so bye

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 7, 2014, 2:25 PM

Nelly, thanks so much for such an intelligent refutation of my post! You do realize, of course, that you have just proven my hypothesis, don't you? You know, the one I just mentioned about blind hatred clouding your judgement and fogging up the brain?

Blind hatred? No. Just not infatuated with the fans of

Jan 7, 2014, 4:28 PM

another school like you are? What a boring life but go for it!!

Re: Blind hatred? No. Just not infatuated with the fans of

Jan 7, 2014, 5:05 PM

Excuse me? Infatuated with the fans of another school? I know a few Gamecock fans, but by no means am I infatuated with them-or Tiger fans, for that matter.

Re: For all the irrational Tiger fans...

Jan 7, 2014, 2:15 PM

While I am most definitely not excited about the gamecock's current prominence you are 100% correct otherwise. I am shocked and amazed by the pure stupidity of any Clemson fans who do not honestly understand why SC is ranked higher. It is pathetic.

TiGs lost to #1 & #4...Coots lost to two teams NOT IN Top 25

Jan 7, 2014, 2:19 PM

Saying..yes, Clemson lost to Coots but Coots NOT a #4 Team IMO due to the terrible blow out to UGa & to lowly TN.

NEXT YEAR @ DV (what the Coots use to always say b/4 Spur) and we'll see who's your DADDY!

GoTiGERS..congrats for great win over pretty good OSU.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TiGs lost to #1 & #4...Coots lost to two teams NOT IN Top 25

Jan 7, 2014, 2:36 PM

Like I said , Your act is old , why don't you get a new handle like , motor city chicken , we know who you are /

Nobody cares what you coots have to say , go home , see my point , tired of you trolls .

Jan 7, 2014, 2:48 PM

OK Nelly, then all you have to do is prove me wrong! With facts, not insults! It must be totally incomprehensible to you that I don't hate Tigers, Gamecocks, Seminoles, Tar Heels, Blue Devils, or anyone else. You see, I understand that football, basketball, and baseball are just games, not barometers for my self-esteem.

Jan 7, 2014, 2:41 PM [ in reply to TiGs lost to #1 & #4...Coots lost to two teams NOT IN Top 25 ]

Bill, I think the head-to-head matchup probably cost the Tigers in the final poll, along with comparative SOS. I really don't think SC's 11 point loss in Athens would be considered a blowout, and they certainly shouldn't have lost in Knoxville, but losing Shaw was the killer in that one. I also believe that the Tigers loss to FSU in DV didn't help their perception in the national media, but ironically propelled the 'Noles toward the top of the polls. I still believe that Clemson could have played FSU to within 7-14 points, if they weren't having a terrible day, and hopefully Coach Venables will be talking real soon with Ellis Johnson in preparing for them next year!

Would you still be saying this if situation was reveresed?***

Jan 7, 2014, 4:09 PM [ in reply to TiGs lost to #1 & #4...Coots lost to two teams NOT IN Top 25 ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Would you still be saying this if situation was reveresed?***

Jan 7, 2014, 4:52 PM

Absolutely! Guess you haven't read many of my posts?

Shocked and Amazed? Sounds like a band from the 90's?***

Jan 7, 2014, 4:30 PM [ in reply to Re: For all the irrational Tiger fans... ]

I can see why the coots are ranked above us.

Jan 7, 2014, 4:39 PM [ in reply to Re: For all the irrational Tiger fans... ]

It's because they beat us primarily and the voters chose to ignore their loss to an unranked team because it was an SEC team.

Is that what you mean?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ding, ding, ding....***

Jan 7, 2014, 4:41 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I can see why the coots are ranked above us.

Jan 7, 2014, 4:53 PM [ in reply to I can see why the coots are ranked above us. ]

Yeah, the entire nation is really in on that secret conspiracy against Clemson! Geez!

it's not even against clemson,so much as for the sec. open

Jan 7, 2014, 4:56 PM

your eyes and ears, you can't miss it, unless you are trying to,that is.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tell 'em coot

Jan 7, 2014, 4:06 PM

lol

I've got a question.

Jan 7, 2014, 4:36 PM

Did you have your testicles removed or just endure the pain of being straddle the fence like a real man?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I've got a question.

Jan 7, 2014, 5:13 PM

Why don't you tell me how hatred of your rival, or anyone, makes you a better man? You know what Shakespeare said, don't you? "In time, we hate that which we often fear."

You seem to always be lecturing Tiger fans on the merits

Jan 7, 2014, 4:45 PM

of SCar. I was taught by a very wise person that those who continuously harp on a subject reveal their weakness. Think about it.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: You seem to always be lecturing Tiger fans on the merits

Jan 7, 2014, 5:01 PM

I have never lectured anyone on the merits of SC. I merely point out logical inconsistencies in certain arguments. BTW, if you would care to check the number of, what is it, "coot-hater" posts on this board over the past couple of days, you will see an inordinate amount of harping! Interesting, isn't it?

U tell um coot...***

Jan 7, 2014, 4:47 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic