Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FSU Arrogance
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

FSU Arrogance

Nov 10, 2015, 8:14 AM

Had a co-worker FSU fan tell me this morning our defense wasn't that good. LOL I said really. He said if they start Golson, they beat us. I said really. He said if we win out it will because of Watson, our defense is not that good. I swear.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FSU Arrogance

Nov 10, 2015, 8:21 AM

I won't say our D is awesome in every area, but take away the one 75-yard run and FSU scores 2 FG's. Either we have a really good D or the FSU O sucks it.

Venables made adjustments and shut down their O. Does that guy not even understand the game of football? It's why we play 4 quarters instead of ONE.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 10, 2015, 9:15 AM

That is ignorance, not arrogance. :)

Love seeing FSU fans having to make lame excuses.

Nov 10, 2015, 8:21 AM

Actually, our defense exposed their QB deficiencies and made them one dimensional.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Love seeing FSU fans having to make lame excuses.

Nov 10, 2015, 9:10 AM

Exactly! It's like a chess game played by gladiators in football pads. We figure out what they are doing, then implement a plan that puts them in check. Then it's check mate. Game over. We win! Probably too cerebral for their fans.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It was too cerebral for us for a long time, before BV came

Nov 10, 2015, 2:56 PM

on the scene. We are undefeated because of our defenses ability to make in-game adjustments, pure and simple. That was certainly not the case in the Bowden years, or early on in Dabo's case either. It is a joy to behold now. I hope BV stays on forever.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our defense actually won the game for us after giving up

Nov 10, 2015, 8:22 AM

the punch in the gut TD on the 2nd play. Our offense and #4 was off in the 1st half but played better in the 2nd half. Not sure why he thinks our def is not good, maybe because we gave up almost 200 yards to Cook. Our defense didn't play it's best game but we kept them out of the end zone except for the early run and that's what really counts. Sour grapes possibly.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So...did you ask him WHY Jimbo did not play Golson?

Nov 10, 2015, 8:22 AM

I guess it was because Jimbo did not want to win?

Re: So...did you ask him WHY Jimbo did not play Golson?

Nov 10, 2015, 8:26 AM

Just like with coot fans, this guy is a hard head, early 30's manager type with FSU stuff all over his walls. Tried to justified by saying he watches a lot of college football. I just smiled and walked away

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So...did you ask him WHY Jimbo did not play Golson?

Nov 10, 2015, 9:12 AM

Best thing to do. It demonstrates that he really knows so little and that time with him is wasted.

well, jimbo says clemson's defense isn't good...

Nov 10, 2015, 8:28 AM

photo 7e1e34f0-fe94-4cba-a18d-f362ef449d36_zps0y4ol7hp.jpg

it's really good.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He does realize we played their BEST QB, doesn't he?***

Nov 10, 2015, 8:28 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He does realize we played their BEST QB, doesn't he?***

Nov 10, 2015, 9:13 AM

There seem to be several things he doesn't realize.

Didn't we keep them out of the endzone for 59 minutes???***

Nov 10, 2015, 8:31 AM

Then why didn't Jimbo start Golson?

Nov 10, 2015, 8:33 AM

Bc he was healthy and cleared to play.

I guess it's cause he though Mc gave him the best chance to win.

Lame excuse

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If the Clemson defense isn't that good....

Nov 10, 2015, 8:33 AM

What does that say about an FSU offense that only managed 13 points.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Which, by the way, was the lowest point total by FSU....

Nov 10, 2015, 8:41 AM

in the last seven years.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Seldomly does anyone win out with their #2 team QB.

Nov 10, 2015, 8:39 AM

1 TD and 2 FG's? Yeah.....our defense is horrible.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd say. Thanks for the heads up. We'll try to get better before the

Nov 10, 2015, 8:48 AM

Acc champ game. Good luck in the tangerine bowl, or whatever it is called now.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Nov 10, 2015, 9:06 AM

And you care about his opinion for what reasons? Obviously, he hasn't much knowledge about football. Let that be a lesson for you. Do not engage in conversations with the custodial staff at your workplace. It interferes with them doing their mundane, but necessary jobs.

Nov 10, 2015, 9:14 AM

In some respects, FSU fans are worse that Carolina fans. A great percentage of their fans became fans not because of some affiliation nor because of some respect for some ideal the program represents, but because they have been very successful. So, calling them fans is really pretty meaningless. One might call such people sycophants, but there is so very little to be gained with their association that labeling them such does a disservice to sycophants. We've all seen the type. In a year or two they will be sporting Bama or ND sweatshirts and talking about "their" tradition.

So, the only thing you can take from this is; dont wrestle with a pig as you get dirty and they enjoy it.

A good defense may hold a good back to low yardage; yes, BUT

Nov 10, 2015, 3:01 PM

A better defense can make ADJUSTMENTS after getting burned to prevent it from happening again in that same game. This FSU fan is delusional/butthurt/making excuses for the loss. My wife's boss who was unbearable over the past year was incredibly gracious in defeat.

He said that Jimbo told Dabo to go win the whole thing... then he told me that he echoed the same sentiment and said: Go Tigers. I was kind of mad at him for being so gracious and thus, difficult for me to smack talk to as I had been planning my smack talk/pranks for weeks.

I think I still am going to get my wife to leave a Clemson souvenir cup with my ticket stub on his desk, though.

Re: A good defense may hold a good back to low yardage; yes, BUT

Nov 10, 2015, 3:06 PM

Yes ,. and all we heard last year was we beat you with a 2nd string QB
We just need to reel off about 6 in a row ,., GO TIGERS

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

SCOREBOARD!

Nov 10, 2015, 3:06 PM

That's all you need to say. Besides, if Jimbo thought they had a better chance with Golson, don't you think he'd have been on the field? FSU has played the same teams we have all season and struggled with them when Golson was playing.

I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks; but I do fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times. - Bruce Lee

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic