»
Topic: FB Update: Lawson: "If I said we had a game tomorrow, I wouldn't be able to play"
Replies: 29   Last Post: Jan 6, 2016 12:32 PM by: Tiger_UWS
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 29  

FB Update: Lawson: "If I said we had a game tomorrow, I wouldn't be able to play"

Posted: Jan 5, 2016 2:34 PM

Lawson: "If I said we had a game tomorrow, I wouldn't be able to play"

Read Update »

I have this sneaking suspicion

[3]
Posted: Jan 5, 2016 2:38 PM

Shaq is sandbagging.

Hope you're right, but he's gotta be sore.

Posted: Jan 5, 2016 2:44 PM

Even with all the adrenaline at the beginning of the playoff game, he couldn't stay on the field.

But, still got another 6 days.

Either Shaq is sandbagging or Dabo is, per

Posted: Jan 5, 2016 2:50 PM

His comments earlier in the year.

Hopefully the former.

earlier in the week******

Posted: Jan 5, 2016 2:58 PM

Same thing!

[1]
Posted: Jan 5, 2016 3:23 PM

nm

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Re: I have this sneaking suspicion

Posted: Jan 5, 2016 4:20 PM

He would not be able to play because he is resting for a big game in a few days.

2 week recovery time was supposed to be for RM3

Posted: Jan 5, 2016 3:24 PM

this stinks

Re: 2 week recovery time was supposed to be for RM3

Posted: Jan 5, 2016 5:14 PM

sure it does coot

2019 purple level member

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Re: FB Update: Lawson: "If I said we had a game tomorrow, I wouldn't be able to play"

Posted: Jan 5, 2016 4:13 PM

If you even have to utter the words Shaquille is "sand bagging" you CLEARLY don't know him. How dare you!!

I don't think sandbagging means what it thinks you mean

Posted: Jan 5, 2016 4:17 PM

In terms of strategy, it would be a good idea to overplay an injury in hopes it will alter the opponent's gameplan to the contrary.

As a Clemson fan however, I hope Shaq gets healthy Asap whether he plays in this game or not.

means what you think it means***, holy cow

Posted: Jan 5, 2016 4:18 PM

Brain not functioning properly today.

Just means it is his first post.***

Posted: Jan 5, 2016 4:38 PM

Sorry about that, Mrs. Lawson

Posted: Jan 6, 2016 6:35 AM

We'll make sure to check with you first next time

Re: FB Update: Lawson: "If I said we had a game tomorrow, I wouldn't be able to play"

Posted: Jan 5, 2016 4:40 PM

Work for an orthopedic surgeon.

As much as id love to see shaq play in the Natty, its highly unlikely he plays much, if at all. A torn MCL recovery time varies greatly (4 wks-3 mos). There will be very little improvement in 11 days. Im sure a brace and lidocaine injx will help temporarily, but lateral movements are gonna be rough for the big guy. Hope I'm wrong, tho. Go Tigers

Posted: Jan 5, 2016 4:46 PM

Shouldn't it vary on the severity of the sprain

Posted: Jan 5, 2016 4:55 PM

Yes definitely. Mild sprain 4-6 wks. Moderate sprain 6-8wks. Severe 8-12 wks. I think ray-ray MCL tear was moderate, so Shaqs is likely a mild sprain.

Posted: Jan 5, 2016 5:14 PM

Well let's hope he isn't superhuman for nothing.

Posted: Jan 5, 2016 5:17 PM

True. If Watson can play with a torn ACL anything is possible. We obviously have a pretty #### good training staff.

Wonder if playing on the inside would be a little easier?

Posted: Jan 5, 2016 4:49 PM

I know he still needs the knee, but could be somewhat different.

Re: Wonder if playing on the inside would be a little easier?

Posted: Jan 5, 2016 5:48 PM

Two words...cut blocks. Even though it isn't GAtech, the interior is where a lot of cutting happens on seal blocks, as well as a reach style block when the OL gets beat.

Posted: Jan 5, 2016 5:24 PM

What about some new type of science like stem cell injections......haha.......

Posted: Jan 5, 2016 4:42 PM

https://twitter.com/CUTigers_com/status/684488662004985856

Posted: Jan 5, 2016 9:13 PM

Where's the stabilizer brace? I'm surprised to see him in a soft brace like that, let alone running around on it.

Posted: Jan 5, 2016 10:00 PM

That soft brace is on his right knee.. The big brace is on his left knee.. You know, the one he hurt.

Posted: Jan 5, 2016 4:46 PM

I know how he feels. I'm not sure if I could be ready before Monday. I will have to make a liquor run.

2019 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Posted: Jan 5, 2016 5:31 PM

63000158.jpg(75.9 K)

Nuk It And Wrap The Daylights Out Of It For Championship Day.***

Posted: Jan 5, 2016 8:13 PM

What is the chance of further

Posted: Jan 5, 2016 9:53 PM

damage if he plays, and the chance of that damage being career threatening?

Posted: Jan 6, 2016 12:32 PM

So why hasn't he been ruled out for the game if the prognosis is so dire? It must mean there is a chance, right?

Replies: 29  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Charlotte
FOR SALE: I am selling my 2 seats for the UNC Charlotte game. These are located in Section UO Row X. They are ...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
5457 people have read this post