Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Lakip charged with Cocaine Possession, DUI
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 65
| visibility 1

FB Update: Lakip charged with Cocaine Possession, DUI

Jun 24, 2015, 8:50 AM

Lakip charged with Cocaine Possession, DUI

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Lakip charged with Cocaine Possession, DUI

Jun 24, 2015, 8:56 AM

Oh man. Lakip, you should have been smarter than that.

Well..there goes another one.

Jun 24, 2015, 8:57 AM

No way he stays on the team. Stupidity.

### boy***

Jun 24, 2015, 8:57 AM

nm

Jun 24, 2015, 8:58 AM

That explains the Florida state game last year. Sorry had to

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 24, 2015, 8:58 AM

I would think some blow might help him focus.

Why is this type of behavior so prevalent now?

Jun 24, 2015, 8:59 AM

This is just plain stupidity and a lack of consideration of the consequences. It seems everyone lives in the "now" with no forethought to the future of their actions.

What a shame!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: Why is this type of behavior so prevalent now?

Jun 24, 2015, 9:13 AM

"...so prevalent now."You're naive if you think this is new behavior. The reality is that athletes are far more focused and harder working than 20 or 30 years ago. As a D1 football player in the mid 80's I saw every drug you could imagine being used by players. And drinking and driving??? You think it's new??? Maybe it's just more emphasis by police??? There is nothing new about this behavior. It's 18-22 year old kids making stupid decisions. That's not a 2015 development.

exactly what I was thinking! They must be smarter now than

Jun 24, 2015, 9:23 AM

back in those days though. I remember a friend getting pulled over with weed, the officer took it as "evidence", told him not to do it again and let him go. I always wondered what happened to the "evidence".....wink wink

Re: exactly what I was thinking! They must be smarter now than

Jun 24, 2015, 10:18 AM

I still remember the street names of some of the drug dealers in Johnstone Hall back in the 80's. We just studied our ##### off during the week (in mechanical engineering) and partied hard on the weekends. i'm not going to judge this kid too harshly.

Kids are Kids and don't think

Jun 24, 2015, 1:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Why is this type of behavior so prevalent now? ]

I was also a student athlete in the late 60s and early 70s. Way too many drugs and alcohol and at that age we were all drunk and invisible. Guys just have to understand that drinking and driving is not tolerated like it was back then. Cocaine is not good in any decade and is just plain stupid behavior that should not be acceptable on any level. Sorry Ammon but you are gone.

Nothing new was prevelant back in the 60's...

Jun 24, 2015, 9:52 AM [ in reply to Why is this type of behavior so prevalent now? ]

And as far as athletes are concerned this kind of behavior was more prevelant back from the mid to late 70's up until the early 90's

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 24, 2015, 11:07 AM [ in reply to Why is this type of behavior so prevalent now? ]

I bet you're not 18-20 years old either. My first thoughts when I read the breaking news was what a F-ing idiot. My next thoughts were, yep and I have been that same F-ing idiot when I was his age also. And my next thought to myself was, don't be a F-ing hypocrite thoughtless A$$ hole, bc I have done the same things when I was that age. Maybe not the cocaine, but I have been guilty of drinking, smoking pot and driving. Just bc I was never busted for it, it doesn't make me any better or different than Ammon Lakip just bc I was luckier than he was and got away with it. 40 years later I could have been judgemental and a hypocrite, but it wouldn't change my being guilty of about the same thing....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 24, 2015, 12:21 PM

Exactly. We all experimented with stuff we probably shouldn't have. I had friends get busted for drunk driving, weed, and coke possession. It could have happened to me too, but I was just fortunate enough to not get caught.

Should be kicked off team. Go through Clemson's

Jun 24, 2015, 8:59 AM

Judicial process to determine his continued eligibility as a student.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Go polish your gun....You know which one.***

Jun 24, 2015, 9:09 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My biceps?***

Jun 24, 2015, 9:14 AM

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

No... but don't squeeze too hard.***

Jun 24, 2015, 9:17 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How else will I make the poop come out?

Jun 24, 2015, 9:22 AM

Ovaltene?

You seem to be doing just fine...***

Jun 24, 2015, 9:23 AM

Thank you . I appreciate your vote of confidence.***

Jun 24, 2015, 9:40 AM

Re: Should be kicked off team. Go through Clemson's

Jun 24, 2015, 1:19 PM [ in reply to Should be kicked off team. Go through Clemson's ]

I'm pretty sure he will be disciplined by the school. If I recall correctly, even if you're arrested off campus and doing something unrelated, Clemson still punishes you. It might be in the student handbook? I don't remember the exact procedure.

Will be very interesting what dabo does here

Jun 24, 2015, 9:00 AM

Sammy Watkins was arrested for marijuana and adderall which resulted in a suspension for 3 games, that is similar to what happened to Lakip but imo, cocaine and a DUI is a little more serious. I really hope he doesn't get kicked off the team and maybe have a similar discipline that SW had.

I think you can kiss that hope goodbye

Jun 24, 2015, 9:03 AM

along with Lakip.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Will be very interesting what dabo does here

Jun 24, 2015, 9:19 AM [ in reply to Will be very interesting what dabo does here ]

Yea I was about to ask that same question...Sammy got suspended and to the law I am pretty sure Adderall without a prescription is the same drug level at cocaine...it was a misdemeanor so I think he may get lucky because of how the Sammy deal was handled and probably have a 2 or 3 game suspension being his first offense. The ebo thing was way worse, that's a felony in some cases I believe.

Jun 24, 2015, 9:03 AM

Ammon:

I hope you learn from this. We were looking forward to seeing you play this year, but alas...

Get your life straightened out and please learn what is important in life.

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. We wish the best for you.

Jun 24, 2015, 9:30 AM

I wasn't...

Dude choked on every big opportunity he had last season.

Cut him. He's not that good. Weed is manageable, but cocaine is off the charts for a kid his age. Good riddance and shame on him for putting his team in a tough spot. Trust fund baby.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Jun 24, 2015, 10:12 AM

What do you mean "for a kid his age"? Dude is smack in the middle of the prime coke using demographic.

Cocaine... 1st offense... Misdemeanor. How does that

Jun 24, 2015, 9:08 AM

constitute a possible 3 years in prison? I realize that it's not the likely sentence and I'm not condoning anything concerning cocaine, but the laws that promote excessive incarceration for a non-violent crime are Draconian at best.

Jun 24, 2015, 9:09 AM

Okay.....I am going to say this and this may be the same with Obendenko as well:

Gentlemen, playing football at Clemson is a pressure cooker situation. You have to be mentally stable to take on this task. Both of these young men seemed to have bended to that pressure. And Dabo knows that he need mentally sharp individuals to survive at Clemson. Never underestimate the idea of providing as much guidance as you can.

I am pretty certain that Lakip is probably done. This is filed under "actions detrimental to the team." This will be another case of "next man up" and fortunately, we have two....

Bye felicia

Jun 24, 2015, 9:14 AM

Complaining about athletes not having money...and Lakip is

Jun 24, 2015, 9:15 AM

buying cocaine...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

and driving an Audi

Jun 24, 2015, 9:16 AM

#### white people.

"Black Audio" get it right... ;-)***

Jun 24, 2015, 9:21 AM

I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks; but I do fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times. - Bruce Lee

I think his folks are fairly wealthy.***

Jun 24, 2015, 9:22 AM [ in reply to and driving an Audi ]

His dad is wealthy

Jun 24, 2015, 9:58 AM [ in reply to Complaining about athletes not having money...and Lakip is ]

So he probably gets all he wants.

Jun 24, 2015, 9:18 AM

Having seen him around campus and downtown the last few years, I wish I could say I'm surprised. Certainly enjoyed his time as a D1 athlete.

Jun 24, 2015, 9:19 AM

How stupid, this kid was living a dream and has flushed it down the drain.

Get rid of him, permanently.***

Nice... Exactly what is it you do for a living?***

Jun 24, 2015, 9:26 AM

Re: FB Update: Bye Bye Lakip

Adios! Very sad mistake by him. Hopefully he learns from this and doesn't mess up at his next stop. His days as a Clemson football player are over.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wonder if they are going to go visit the soccer offices?

Jun 24, 2015, 9:24 AM

I hate to go back to the days of using a soccer guy who played football, instead of recruiting a kicker. We are getting thin in that group....

Before you throw him out....take note of what Corbin

Jun 24, 2015, 9:31 AM

did at Vandy to the pitcher who failed a drug test before the 13/14 school year. He was suspended from the team for the '14 season, had to seek treatment, got his life back together and pitched in the CWS this week.

I'm not condoning his behavior but Lakip did not steal (commit CC fraud) or hurt anyone (could have) but himself. I see Dabo giving him a second chance. He should probably be suspended for the '15 season and given a chance to come back in '16.

He will also have to go through Clemson's judicial

Jun 24, 2015, 9:43 AM

Process. He may get kicked out of school all together. Probably not for the dui, but for cocaine possession.

Was the Vandy pitcher arrested for DUI or just failed a drug

Jun 24, 2015, 9:45 AM [ in reply to Before you throw him out....take note of what Corbin ]

test? DUI is serious.

Re: Was the Vandy pitcher arrested for DUI or just failed a drug

Jun 24, 2015, 2:02 PM

All he did was fail a drug test for weed.

They were talking about it last night before the game.

Re: Before you throw him out....take note of what Corbin

Jun 24, 2015, 1:09 PM [ in reply to Before you throw him out....take note of what Corbin ]

2015 will be Lakip's senior season

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Re: Before you throw him out....take note of what Corbin

Jun 24, 2015, 2:04 PM [ in reply to Before you throw him out....take note of what Corbin ]

All that over having weed in his system, yet there are no consequences for these kids for drinking alcohol until they puke and also being underage.

Well

Jun 24, 2015, 9:38 AM

bye.

I think being kicked off the team is justifiable if Dabo

Jun 24, 2015, 9:43 AM

decides to go that route.

Jun 24, 2015, 9:50 AM

Its not like we couldn't replace him. He wasn't very good to start with. Go get a soccer player, that worked out very well with the cat man. I dont know about the rest of you but every time Lakip trotted out onto the field I crossed my fingers.

Jun 24, 2015, 10:03 AM

Lakip was a soccer player... but I agree. Dabo can't let this happen and not set an example. Cocaine and DUI is a solid charge. I mean the kid isn't clutch anyways. I think that shows in his critical field goal attempts this past season... and his field sobriety test

Better Call Up The Student Body ! We Need A Kicker !

Jun 24, 2015, 10:01 AM

Ain't no way this guy is going to play ... how stupid can you be !!!!

MJ is one thing, but Coke on top of a DUI !!! ??? He is done.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The arrest is justifiable....BUT

Jun 24, 2015, 10:02 AM

I find it hard to believe that an officer sitting in a car watching another driver after bars are closed was able to see the glassy stare. After he stopped the car I can believe it. But not at night from a distance while in a dark car. Just sounds like an excuse to justify following him waiting for another reason to stop him.

I'm NOT excusing Lakip. He should know better. But that report just stood out to me.

Re: The arrest is justifiable....BUT

Jun 24, 2015, 1:29 PM

I thought it was a stretch also. However, the "real" reason he stopped him was for failing to use his blinker, which is probable cause.

This will follow him for life, even when the dust settles, hope it was worth it. (It's not)

Jun 24, 2015, 10:08 AM

What's crazy to me is how so many of the fans are saying let him go. Is it because he's not as productive as Sammy Watkins was when he played? What is even more hypocritical is the fact that so many fans drink loads of alcohol on game day or may even have other drugs, then get in their cars and drive home. Should state troopers start arresting them? No one questions it. No one says these fans should not come back to the games because they're drinking and driving. So many of these fans are putting lives in danger everytime there's a game. This is a young man who needs a chance to get it together! Funny how opinions are different when the shoe is on the other foot! SMH!

First Offenses

Jun 24, 2015, 10:30 AM

and a Wiliness to cooperate along with pretrial intervention are usually only accompanied by a few games suspension and Not removal from the team. If Lakip has the right attitude then i am sure they can help him.

Jun 24, 2015, 10:32 AM

See Ya Lakip. It's nice to have a second chance, but if the facts come
Out as the report says this dude is packing his stuff. It's a privelege to play at Clemson. And I know Dabo has set a standard that is high. I don't see any way that he stays.

Bye! Can't have Cokeheads out there.***

Jun 24, 2015, 11:09 AM

Jun 24, 2015, 11:49 AM

Do anyone know if this right turn was made from a stop sign, a yield, or out of a parking lot. TIA

Probably the right turn lane from College Ave. onto Old

Jun 24, 2015, 2:05 PM

Greenville Hwy (SC HWY 93)

I for one am shocked!

Jun 24, 2015, 12:58 PM

I thought Dabo had everything under control. Next man up.............

something something... glass houses.. something something***

Jun 24, 2015, 3:37 PM

Re: something something... glass houses.. something something***

Jun 26, 2015, 11:44 AM

Well they always say once you try crack there's no going back!

LOL! "I noticed the driver had a fixed, glassy gaze....."

Jun 24, 2015, 1:48 PM

straight out of the "how to invent after-the-fact probable cause for a warrantless car search" police manual.

Re: LOL! "I noticed the driver had a fixed, glassy gaze....."

Jun 24, 2015, 2:09 PM

If you actually knew what you were talking about, you would know that you need more than that for a warrantless search of your car.

Replies: 65
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic