Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Bottom line: KB is a good college QB
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Bottom line: KB is a good college QB

Sep 15, 2018, 1:28 PM

He would be great if he could make decisions a little faster and hit his reciever quicker. He has a long motion throwing motion from boyd wind up to release.

TL will be a GREAT college QB. What he needs to become that is experience......

I'll leave it at that.....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Corrected.... stupid phone

Sep 15, 2018, 1:29 PM

chaile said:

He would be great if he could make decisions a little faster and hit his reciever quicker. He has a long throwing motion from his wind up to release.

TL will be a GREAT college QB. What he needs to become that is experience......

I'll leave it at that.....

Exactly but..

Sep 15, 2018, 1:31 PM

Both are fine Tigers who are gutting er done 4 Clemson & so glad to have them! ??

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Exactly but..

Sep 15, 2018, 4:57 PM

And I think we will need both to reach our ultimate goal this season.

misspelled “elite”***

Sep 15, 2018, 1:31 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bottom line: KB is a good college QB

Sep 15, 2018, 1:35 PM

Kelly’s throwing motion is a huge issue. A lot of the same reason Tebow couldn’t make it in the NFL. If it takes you that long to get the ball out, AND it doesn’t come off your arm like a cannon, that spells trouble against any defense not just the elite.

Kelly is a good player, and a great kid to deal with the amount of scrutiny and pressure he’s had. Who would want to be the guy after DW4? But our success comes in electric, 99 plays a game offense, and we just can’t do that effectively with Kelly.

I want to see him succeed. I really do, because he is a Tiger. That comes first and foremost. But I’m just not sure at this point in his career that he can do it.

Re: Bottom line: KB is a good college QB

Sep 15, 2018, 1:40 PM

TL is a NFL type quarterback and Bryant is not I Love him to death but the future is TL .

That’s a fair assessment.

Sep 15, 2018, 1:38 PM

Which is hard to find in here when we are playing scrubs.

KB also offers you a lot more with his running ability than TL.

~JKB

Re: That’s a fair assessment.

Sep 15, 2018, 1:44 PM

Yes, Kelly absolutely has a better running game than TL does. Some people will argue that and say “Trevor can run too”, and that’s true, but not like Kelly.

Unfortunately, our offense isn’t built entirely around an RPO. That also requires effective reads of the defense to be successful, and Kelly has struggled with that his entire career.

Ideally, I’d love to see it click for him. I want both of our guys to be a threat, and for defenses to have nightmares truly not knowing whether it’s going to be a deep pass, RPO, screen, QB keeper, cross route, etc. I want the kids career to end on a positive note.

Sep 25, 2018, 6:37 AM

I think TL's running game will be better than KB's due to the fact that he throws the ball so well. That will set up some nice opportunities to run the ball. Naturally KB may be the better runner, but D's know his limitations throwing the ball and in turn they just stack the box and that limits his running game.

Sep 15, 2018, 1:53 PM [ in reply to That’s a fair assessment. ]

True...but TL is serviceable in the run game. The difference (and benefit to the offense) that TL's ability to hit receivers quickly has the potential to actually make the run game more efficient.

Having said all that.... KB is why we closed out at TAM. We need him too.

Bumping this cause TL is showing what happens

Sep 24, 2018, 9:59 PM

When he gets experience....

Downhill vs Uphill

Sep 24, 2018, 10:47 PM

I've seen every snap this year and for the most part, when KB us running the show, it's like we're running uphill. Everything seems to be a struggle and a penalty or negative play is hard to overcome. When TL us in there, all 11 guys look like they're moving downhill, and it shows in the results. It was time for the move!!

Re: Downhill vs Uphill

Sep 24, 2018, 10:53 PM

Accurate assessment

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 24, 2018, 11:17 PM

KB is a team player and there will still be situations where his skills can be used.

Sep 24, 2018, 11:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Downhill vs Uphill ]

We have been blessed to have KB he has been a great bridge from DW to TL and he has won a lot of games when we were not sure what we would have last year and he deserves a lot of credit for our continued success. Yeah we didn't win in the playoffs but we may not have even sniffed them if it weren't for him. Having said that this is big boy football and players are always competing for a spot and right now TL has the hot hand and deserves to play and I'm sure KB will still get his chances as well. This is a great problem to have when so many teams struggle to find one decent QB.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic