Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Even The State can't put lipstick on that pig...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 3,543

Even The State can't put lipstick on that pig...

Aug 27, 2018, 11:52 AM

Clemson percent of applicants admitted: 47%
USCSH (sh!thole) percent of applicants admitted: 72%

Thought that seemed a little low for the chickens, they must have done the best they could to make it look closer...

https://www.thestate.com/news/local/education/article217005055.html?utm_source=CHStoday&utm_campaign=8be5e91196-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2018_04_19_COPY_01&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_cba3ac251c-8be5e91196-145750501

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Even The State can't put lipstick on that pig...

Aug 27, 2018, 12:03 PM

Keep in mind that applicants (hopefully) know that the requirements are much more stringent to enter CLEMSON than USUC. So many applicants will not even bother trying to get into CLEMSON since they know full well that they won't be accepted. That makes the stats to possibly be understated. Maybe the stats should be for those students that applied to BOTH schools only. The difference would be huge.

Aug 27, 2018, 12:04 PM

University of Second Choice (USC)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 27, 2018, 2:28 PM

university of spoiled children.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Aug 27, 2018, 12:07 PM

More applied to Clemson.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 27, 2018, 12:09 PM

Coastal had 18,000+ applicants?!
Claflin had 9000+?!
Voorhees had 7600+?!

These seem high. But, Coastal may give USuC a run for their money.

What does every CU freshmen have in common...

Aug 27, 2018, 12:16 PM

with SCar freshmen? They both were accepted by SCar.

Ha! Great minds think alike.

Aug 27, 2018, 12:17 PM

:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I only applied to Clemson. There was no second choice.***

Aug 27, 2018, 4:23 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 27, 2018, 12:16 PM

I also found it interesting that even though SCar is significantly larger, Clemson actually had slightly more applicants (Clemson 26,242 vs. coot U 26,015).

What do Clemson students have in common with SCar students? Both were accepted by coot U.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 27, 2018, 4:04 PM

Am I the only one concerned that 28% of that group was rejected??

How do you get rejected from that place?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I got accepted to Clemson but turned down by SCAR

Aug 27, 2018, 4:22 PM

said no one ever

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 28, 2018, 8:32 AM

I know I am showing my age, but when I was a student Clemson (and USC) were required by legislation to accept any in state student that made 700 on the SAT and graduated from an accredited SC high school. This mandate was in conflict with the Clemson charter, which limited student enrollment to 10,000. During my Jr or Sr year, the Board recognized this conflict in anticipation of reaching 10,000 and somehow found a loophole that allowed the Nursing school and graduate schools to be exempt from this headcount requirement (I think it was because much of the nurse training was off-campus, and the charter was interpreted to mean 'undergraduate enrollment'). Does anyone know how this was avoided? I know we have blown past this!

Because of the mandatory acceptance requirement, the school acknowledged that many of the students were not 'college material' and we had a few courses that were 'weeding out courses'. And the teacher told you that on the first day of class. Chemistry 101 was one of them! There wasn't much teaching, it was mostly a review of high school chemistry. But my lab partner, valedictorian of a rural SC high school, never had high school chemistry!

BTW, one of the stated reasons that USC left the ACC was b/c they thought the 'min 700 SAT score requirement' imposed by the ACC was a hardship on their recruiting. USC was known as 13th grade (at least at my high school) for a reason!

Replies: 12
| visibility 3,543
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic