»
Topic: Eggplant Caserole
Replies: 8   Last Post: May 2, 2018 10:04 PM by: hoosicktiger®
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 8  

Eggplant Caserole

[7]
Posted: May 2, 2018 4:35 PM

I love a good eggplant casserole and if I want one it's up to me to get in the kitchen. Just finished the job and it's taken me over three hours from start to finish. The recipe I use requires me to use about 20 utensils counting table spoons, forks and other utensils. My recipe makes one large casserole but in my case I make two smaller ones. Put them in the freezer and when my appetite craves some good eating, I stick one in the oven and about 35 - 40 minutes later it's ready to be consumed. Sprinkle the top with cracker crumbs and top that with gobs of grated Extra Sharp Cheddar (before it goes in the oven) and I'm in hog heaven.

military_donation.jpg

Re: Eggplant Caserole

Posted: May 2, 2018 4:49 PM

Uncle Joe, I'm trying to find a way to eat eggplant other than frying it in strips. Do you mind sharing your recipe ?

2019 purple level member

[5]
Posted: May 2, 2018 7:00 PM

There are numerous recipes but this is the one I use.

1 lg. eggplant, 1 egg, beaten, 1 med. onion, chopped fine, 1/2 cup mayo or salad dressing, 1 cup Ritz, or similar crackers, crushed, 1/2 can Mushroom soup, 1/2 cup whole milk, 1/3 stick margarine, 1 cup sharp Cheddar cheese, grated.

Peel eggplant & cut into 1"sections. Boil in salted water until tender. Mix soup, egg, mayo or salad dressing, onion and cracker crumbs. Cream margarine and cheese together. (I usually place the margarine in the microwave just long enough to melt most of it and it will mix much better with the cheese), Drain eggplant, add milk and mix with all other ingredients. Place in buttered 1 1/2 quart baking dish. Crush and add cracker crumbs to top. Grate enough cheese to add to the top. Bake at 350 F. for 30 minutes.

military_donation.jpg

[1]
Posted: May 2, 2018 10:04 PM

not eggplant,but summer squash.3 to 4 decent sized squash.4 to 5 strips crispy bacon crumbled,1 to 2 cups grated sharp cheddar.12+ regular saltines.1 to 2 cups milk.par boil the squash,drain.add milk,bacon,saltines,and most of the cheddar(save rest for the top)bake at 350 until lightly browned and bubbily.i don't have set amounts,because I usually just eyeball the ingredients.got this recipe from a girl I knew in Columbia when I was at ft. Jackson.

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg

[2]
Posted: May 2, 2018 4:57 PM

2019 orange level member

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

Ok***

Posted: May 2, 2018 5:10 PM

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

I'm embarrassed for you right now.***

Posted: May 2, 2018 5:15 PM

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Re: I'm embarrassed for you right now.***

Posted: May 2, 2018 5:27 PM

O.K., you tell us how you cook yours Sous Chef.

2019 purple level member

Re: I'm embarrassed for you right now.***

Posted: May 2, 2018 9:52 PM

usually do eggplant parmesian,but i'm going to give joe's recipe a try.

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg

Replies: 8  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Wake Forest
FOR SALE: Wake Forest section UN row K (4) $180 each section I row U (4) AISLE SEATS $175 each section UL...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
1443 people have read this post