Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Don't know bout VT so are they a threat to TiGERS?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1,891

Don't know bout VT so are they a threat to TiGERS?

Nov 25, 2016, 7:32 PM

TIA!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Don't know bout VT so are they a threat to TiGERS?

Nov 25, 2016, 7:34 PM

no - don't see them as a threat this yr.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Nov 25, 2016, 7:35 PM

How tall is there QB?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 25, 2016, 7:34 PM

Only if Clemson lets them

Nah.. They are decent on both sides of the ball, but..

Nov 25, 2016, 7:35 PM

Lost to Syracuse at home by 17. I know we've tripped up against NCsucksU and Pitt, but they lost to SU and GT bad. Their Dbs can't hang with our wideouts, and I think our line can stop their decent running game.

After the cootmolishing this weekend, Tigers keep it rolling, 34-10

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I will wipe from the face of the earth the human race I have created, and with them the animals,
The birds and the creatures that move along the ground, for I regret that I have made them.

Actually we played Syracuse in the Carrier Dome

Nov 25, 2016, 10:13 PM

Not to excuse the loss, but correcting an error. We did lose to GT at home though.

We've been very inconsistent all year. We've had several games where we played lights out (Boston College and North Carolina) and several where we played as if the lights were out (GT and Syracuse). We've also had games where we played very well in spurts and very poorly in other spurts (Notre Dame and Tennessee).

I think Clemson wins the game, possibly by a large amount. If Clemson plays its A game, Clemson will win. If we bring our A game and Clemson brings anything less though, it could get dicey for the Tigers.

But I'll be there and ready to cheer on my Hokies. My prediction is Clemson 38 Virginia Tech 17.

Re: Actually we played Syracuse in the Carrier Dome

Nov 25, 2016, 10:48 PM

Inconsistent? Sounds a lot like Clemson. If we can protect the ball I think we'll win. However, we've lost the TO margin more often then not. This one could be closer than the experts predict.

Go Tigers!!!

Nov 25, 2016, 7:40 PM

Any team is a threat if your caught looking ahead,commit numerous
turnovers,play down to your competition,or don't prepare.

Nov 25, 2016, 7:42 PM

Their D is for real besides Auburn will be the best we have seen.
The Tiger Oline will have to play a good game

we play Scar tomorrow Bill***

Nov 25, 2016, 7:52 PM

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No! WE ARE CLEMSON!!!

Nov 25, 2016, 7:54 PM

Go Tigers!!

Nov 25, 2016, 8:01 PM

Did anyone consider Pitt a threat? Or NCSU

I know I didn't...

120 minutes !

Hokies (long)

Nov 25, 2016, 8:43 PM

Va Tech is a decent team even though they haven't recruited particularly well over the past few years. Their biggest shortcoming is team speed - especially on defense.

Offense
Fuentes is known as an offensive coach and has pepped them up a little. They not as predictable as they were under Beamer.

Evans is a good QB - makes good decisions, good size and running ability. He is tough to bring down due to size and strength. Under pressure, he prefers to pull it down and run rather than make a play with his arm. Tends to lock onto primary receiver. He has a decent arm but isn't a polished passer. Better in the short passing game than with the long ball.

Wide receivers are good (maybe very good) with size and speed. They drop a few, but have the talent to make plays.

Offensive line is also decent but not terribly talented or fast.

Tailbacks are OK, no game breakers. They use a fullback, so this isn't a wide-open offense, but their FB is a good blocker and makes the most of the chances he gets running the ball. He is also a good receiver.

Defense
Bud Foster is renown as a great DC but their defense has not been great over the past few years; however, they are improved this year. They are tough and generally tackle well, but they lack speed at linebacker and in the secondary. If we spread them out, we should have guys open. They are better against the run than against the pass. If our runners can break into the secondary, they will be running free.

Special teams
No Beamer-ball the past few years. I'd say that they are average.

Overall
We have the talent to dominate if we play our game and avoid turnovers.

Fan base
Good folks who don't know much about football.

Nov 25, 2016, 10:54 PM

Shold they be? No. However Fuente is doing a great job there in my opinion, and will add a win or two next year possibly, although they will probably lose several of their best players. Their WR Ford is legit, and their TE may be the best TE not named Butts or Leggett. Dude is very good and will male an even better pro imo. A couple of their losses should not have happened (Syracuse) an one of their wins as well (UNC) Still, I see them taking the Other sie of the league by storm next few years.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 1,891
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic