Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why Gamecoots suddenly own Tigers in sports?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Why Gamecoots suddenly own Tigers in sports?

Mar 2, 2014, 11:35 PM

Because several years ago a few smart coots in the right authority said enough with losing to Clemson all the time. Let's get this #### straightened out ASAP. And that's what the coots did, they made beating their instate rival a priority and they've succeeded. I'd love to see a graphic explaining the number of instate student applications they've received over the last five to six years. I bet there is an increase somewhere in that period.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why Gamecoots suddenly own Tigers in sports?

Mar 2, 2014, 11:38 PM

They hired Spurrier and the administration backed him. The admin at USUC assumed the same attitude Spurrier has.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 2, 2014, 11:41 PM

The SEC money would be my first thought along with them now taking athletics seriously. With that said its like gambling. You can only win and be on top for so long until the law of averages takes over.

Mar 2, 2014, 11:43 PM

If you do not make wise decisions, you will never move to the top. Football is not the lottery. Clemson has to decide if it wants to play Ivy League or compete with the SEC. FSU seems to have it figured out.

Spurrier said the coot fans shouldn't worry about Clemson

Mar 2, 2014, 11:44 PM [ in reply to Re: Why Gamecoots suddenly own Tigers in sports? ]

and supposedly took down the 'beat Clemson' signs in the locker room when he arrived. They set their goals higher. Now, I don't know if that somehow played a part in them beating us but from the outside looking in, it looks like that beating us WAS the priority. Ironically, i'd say we've had more success with more to show for it then they have in that time span...

Maybe...but if you're coupling football in with this

Mar 2, 2014, 11:40 PM

conversation, they still have nothing to show for it. At some point, I'd imagine beating your instate rival will mean less and less. Winning their conference would be a good start...

I like where Clemson is in football and have no doubt that'll change. I expect it to this year.

As for baseball, they are talented. There is a reason they are ranked #3 in the country. They've won two national titles so I wouldn't say they've made US the priority...

Basketball is abysmal for them, and we're trying to build something special here...so I think in the coming future we'll be fine there...

Sakerlina has always been a tough

Mar 2, 2014, 11:47 PM

Game for us. However, the losing streak in football and their 2 CWS titles have shined a light on it. It's unacceptable to lose to Sakerlina baseball like we do, but, it wouldn't be as big a deal if we beat them in football.

Don't generalize and say all sports

Mar 3, 2014, 7:43 AM

Football yes. Baseball yes. Basketball no. SCar fans have selective amnesia when it comes to there lack of ability to beat us in the No. 2 major sport. You also have to remind them that their football team isn't that far removed from where their basketball team currently is.

Re: Don't generalize and say all sports

Mar 3, 2014, 8:06 AM

Yes and USC's basketball is not that far removed from beating the crap out of you on an annual basis either. So what's your point?

Butthurt much?***

Mar 3, 2014, 8:15 AM

Mar 3, 2014, 8:13 AM

Applications to USUC increased because Clemson is getting more selective, not due to sports success. If you pick a school based on wins in sports, you are a moron and should go to UsuC.

Who freaking cares? It hasn't actually affected Clemson

Mar 3, 2014, 8:18 AM

sports, except for one year where they won the baseball championship playing 2 games against us. And nobody outside of a very small minority actually pays any attention to college baseball because most, like me, find watching kids hit with an aluminum bat to be about as exciting as watching 5 year-olds hit balls off the top of traffic cones in t-ball. So far, the gamecocks in football have beaten us 5 times in a row in football and have NOTHING to show for it. No championships. No BCS games. It odesn't matter.

Who cares? You obviously don't live near

Mar 3, 2014, 8:21 AM

Rock Hill.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

D@mn, you in my neck of the woods?

Mar 3, 2014, 8:25 AM

Hope not....

;)

null

I've told you where I live...

Mar 3, 2014, 8:29 AM

you moran

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic