Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
More $EC love on ESPN front page
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1,658

More $EC love on ESPN front page

Jun 6, 2013, 9:18 AM

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/9346303/alabama-apr-honor-roll-13-fbs-teams

Headline link on ESPN front page

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: More $EC love on ESPN front page

Jun 6, 2013, 9:47 AM

Doesn't everybody know that in their minds, and it's been ingrained into everybody's mind they can ingrain it into, that it's all and only about the $echeat, and the rest are just there for fodder. It doesn't even matter that there are only a few great teams in their conference that really are good; they all get the kudos just by association.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So, SEC football prowess and ACC academic prowess....

Jun 6, 2013, 4:12 PM

Both have a handful of schools that carry the rest of their conference brethren.

The coattail effect.

Re: So, SEC football prowess and ACC academic prowess....

Jun 6, 2013, 9:13 PM

Some possess the coat tails, while others ride them. We are possessors.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They're National Champs for 3 out of 4 years.

Jun 6, 2013, 9:51 AM

We do that and maintain high APR, we'll get the headlines. I don't like the bias, but you're just wrong here.

Now, I can't imagine how easy the classes must be at UA for those boys to reach a high APR, but that's a different topic that you did not address.

Go Tigers!!

null

What classes?***

Jun 6, 2013, 9:37 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The opening line

Jun 6, 2013, 9:57 AM

Talks about Lousiville as well, an ACC school....Bama is the only SEC school even mentioned in the article. Heaven forbid you speak of the SEC and an academic accomplishment. The article also mentions duke, indiana, and others. Not really SEC bias.

everyone rests sometimes***

Jun 6, 2013, 12:35 PM

And where's SCar? Hanging on to the elephant's tail...***

Jun 6, 2013, 2:44 PM [ in reply to The opening line ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't chit yourself about this.

Jun 6, 2013, 9:39 PM [ in reply to The opening line ]

There are only two schools in the SEC I would have a child attend, Florida and Vandy. The rest are no more than jr colleges wrapped around a football team.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Don't chit yourself about this.

Jun 7, 2013, 1:29 AM

May want to include Georgia and aTm, unless you are also contending that Clemson is "a junior college wrapped around a football team."

Re: More $EC love on ESPN front page

Jun 7, 2013, 11:09 AM

most AL fb players get drafted as juniors. They probably do not finish their sports degree and not counted in the average.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1,658
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic