Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Another email to Debbie Yow
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 3,924

Another email to Debbie Yow

Nov 5, 2017, 9:12 PM

Mrs. Yow,

I write to you as a Clemson fan in regards to the Clemson vs N.C. State game on 11/4. The atmosphere was electric and the game was quite a battle until the very last play!

I have concerns, however, in the fan conduct before, during, and after the contest from the Wolfpack faithful. I realize that a few bad apples can spoil the bunch, but the crude behavior that was on display by those in red were completely unacceptable.

I’m nearly certain that you have been made aware of the reports of spitting, profanity, and other acts of malice directed at visiting fans. I understand that the game did not end as your team had hoped, but the misconduct began well before the game commenced. I’ve been to Carter Finley for the past three showdowns against our two teams, but this was by far my worst experience.

I have similarly large concerns with the actions of your head football coach (a state employee, nonetheless) and his accusations of Clemson attempting to gain an in unfair advantage with “illegal technology” on the sidleines. Those accusations have since been deemed totally acceptable by our own league office.

I hope that you and your department will do the right thing and condemn the actions displayed toward our fans and program so that N.C. State does not earn a bad rap.

The ACC as a whole prides itself on good sportsmanship. Clemson especially takes pride in our hospitality on game day and we expect the same from our conference brethren.

I will go as far to rightfully commend an older gentleman who is an NC State fan early in the day coming up to myself and a few friends in orange to shake my hand and thank us for the hospitality he has always experienced at Clemson. I was hopeful that we would receive the same.

My email to you is not meant to be taken with malintent. I just hope you are able to find a way to ensure all visiting fans are met with an enjoyable experience, as we should all be afforded. The money we spend when visiting your town and your stadium is no less valuable than the money your own supporters spend.

I hope this email finds you well and that these issues aren’t swept under the rug. The stakes were high yesterday and emotion unavoidably played a large role. I trust that you will do the right thing.

Thank you for your time!

Warmest regards,

(name redacted)
Clemson c/o 2010
Go Tigers!

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

prob falling on deaf ears

Nov 5, 2017, 9:17 PM

She did come from Maryland the former armpit of the ACC

NCSU is the new one. Coincidence? I think not

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

worth a shot though ???????

Nov 5, 2017, 9:20 PM

Wish I’d added “act like you’ve been there before”

But we know that’s not the case

Re: worth a shot though ???????

Nov 6, 2017, 7:56 AM

They have been there many times. The short end of the stick that is. They always act this way.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Another email to Debbie Yow

Nov 5, 2017, 9:20 PM

Just a word of advice: always spellcheck letters.

Please have someone proofread this message for you

Nov 5, 2017, 9:22 PM

Furthermore, please ask someone who is a good grammarian give you some tips on how to express your concerns in tightly constructed paragraphs with concise wording.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All for one and one for all.

Don't bother.

Nov 5, 2017, 10:36 PM

It's no coincidence she came from Maryland and they had similar behavior during the same time. I even wrote her a letter back then, and she replied with some empty response about how they were going to fix it. They never did.

Bad fan behavior seems to be a symptom of her leadership.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Re: Don't bother.

Nov 6, 2017, 6:39 AM

The horrible fan behavior at Maryland preceded Yow. In 1978 I went up there and saw one of the best football games ever. The Maryland fans were malicious. A couple of times we actually feared for our safety.

Should have sat with us in the bleachers... OUR space.***

Nov 6, 2017, 7:19 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please revise it.

Nov 5, 2017, 11:34 PM

"My email to you is not meant to be taken with malintent," literally means that you didn't write it to provoke a bad reaction from her. Perhaps a better way might be 'I am not trying to hurt your feelings,' or something like that.

Also, you really ought to sign your name so that she won't think it comes from Dabo.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Please revise it.

Nov 6, 2017, 12:39 AM

I redacted my name on HERE bc I knew the posters here would be the ones to find a way to make me feel stupid haha

Malintent means by definition “of malicious intent...” I did not mean to be spiteful or malicious or to cause distress to Yow personally. I only wanted to point out that the actions of the program the woman is responsible for are unacceptable. No malice toward Yow herself.

Re: Please revise it.

Nov 6, 2017, 8:23 AM [ in reply to Please revise it. ]

So you understood what he meant ? Get over yourself

Dountful that those inbreds would take kindly to a woman

Nov 6, 2017, 9:08 AM

Telling them how to act. UNC Jr has always been classless when I’ve been to games there.

Replies: 12
| visibility 3,924
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic