Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Do you really think Lamar Jackson has improved so much since we played Louisville last year
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 2,747

Do you really think Lamar Jackson has improved so much since we played Louisville last year

Sep 19, 2016, 10:30 PM

If so what the heck is Kelly Bryant's excuse?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Scout team for GT game?***

Sep 19, 2016, 10:31 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Scout team for GT game?***

Sep 19, 2016, 10:42 PM

That would be Zerrick Cooper from the player and coaches interviews today

Re: Do you really think Lamar Jackson has improved so much since we played Louisville last year

Sep 19, 2016, 10:36 PM

sheesh - how many times do we have to state that KB should NEVER play QB at CLEMSON? He is NOT a decent QB. PERIOD. He needs to transfer to a small school if he just insists on playing that position. I cringe every time he enters a game. I'm bewildered as to why our coaches seem to think otherwise.

Re: Do you really think Lamar Jackson has improved so much since we played Louisville last year

Sep 20, 2016, 12:13 AM

He's the #3 QB. I think they have some idea. I do agree that he could benefit from a move, but idk if it's too late for him to pick up another position.

That's not a comparable situation

Sep 19, 2016, 11:13 PM

Last year, Louisville was still playing multiple QBs in our game. They didn't really settle on Jackson as the starter til later, and even then, Bolin was getting quite a few snaps. This year, it looked like Jackson was the clear front-runner to be the starter.

Bryant was never going to start last year or this year. So his "excuse" is that he hasn't had the opportunity to be a starter or play any significant snaps.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Heisman favorite, with 6-5 odds, compared to DW's 8-1.

Sep 19, 2016, 11:19 PM

I'd say yes. And KB having a Heisman finalist in front of him on the depth chart didn't quite the ideal circumstances for him to play in big games in order to grow and learn from mistakes.

Wasn't Jackson just a true freshman in his 3rd game vs. a playoff contender, and no.1 D the prior year, when he faced Clemson in 2015?

No wonder he was only allowed to throw 1 pass vs. a secondary with 3 NFL draft picks.

Jackson was barely in the game at all against us

Sep 19, 2016, 11:26 PM

He had 1 throw and 1 pass. You really can't compare a guy who was in a QB battle all year and who became the presumptive starter heading into this year to a guy who was battling for, at best, the backup spot.

Message was edited by: camcgee®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Heisman favorite, with 6-5 odds, compared to DW's 8-1.

Sep 20, 2016, 12:16 AM [ in reply to Heisman favorite, with 6-5 odds, compared to DW's 8-1. ]

Dabo said KB had just as much talent as DW our Heisman hopeful

Our D must be disruptive and make Lamar Jackson think

Sep 19, 2016, 11:24 PM

too much. We don't want him to feel comfortable. We need him to be confused and/or over think things.

And our Offense must score early and often.

Go TIGERS!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 19, 2016, 11:30 PM

To beat Jackson you must scheme to make him throw the ball...his accuracy is an absolute problem that no one seems to be mentioning. Everything was short and intermediate because FSU got too aggressive with their blitz packages..they didn't leave any backside containment from their LBs which left the middle ridiculously wide open...he's not going to beat you with a deep ball...he's all short timing routes and tuck and run...but he's a run first QB...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Sep 20, 2016, 12:17 AM

Yup, the middle of that FSU D was softer than the middle of a jelly filled donut. I don't know why they left such a soft spot while somehow managing not to get any pressure on LJ. BV likes to give QBs different looks. Drop the DE into coverage. Disguise blitzes. Hopefully we'll have Austin Bryant back as well. Hopefully the time off won't slow him down too much. We'll need Wilkins in the middle.

While I agree that you have to take away the run...

Sep 20, 2016, 12:32 AM [ in reply to Re: Do you really think Lamar Jackson has improved so much since we played Louisville last year ]

I don't really think the stats back up the idea that he's a run first QB. Really, he's a QB who's deadly with the zone read, but who has a pretty big arm. This year, he's actually passed it more than he's run it in every game, plus he's averaging over 11 yards per attempt. That's about 5 yards per attempt better than Watson so far.

Also, since nobody's come close to shutting Louisville's offense down so far this year, it's hard to say what teamx need to do to beat Jackson. The only times they lost with him at QB last year, it was mostly because the other team outscored them. Yeah, they lost a couple of times when he didn't get a lot of rushing yards, but they still gained over 400 yards in one game and scored 34 in the other one.

The key is to get pressure on him

Sep 20, 2016, 1:08 AM

If we get pressure on him he'll revert back to his true nature. His accuracy is going to suffer and we have a secondary that likes to pick off the ball. So limit the run and get pressure while you're doing it. Gap integrity will carry over from GT game which will help with the read-option that LJ is pretty deadly with. He had FSU chasing ghosts, but FSU did not look the least bit prepared.

Re: While I agree that you have to take away the run...

Sep 20, 2016, 8:05 AM [ in reply to While I agree that you have to take away the run... ]

"The only times they lost with him at QB last year, it was mostly because the other team outscored them."

Thanks, Yogi! Who'd a thunk it?

We need to stop GT's dive plays early on***

Sep 20, 2016, 3:05 AM

Replies: 15
| visibility 2,747
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic