Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Don't understand all the hate on here
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,323

Don't understand all the hate on here

Sep 3, 2012, 11:47 AM

towards ESPN. Yes, they talk up the SEC. I understand that. But, unfortunately, there is a reason. They are, as of right now, the best football conference in the country. They've won 6 straight national championships by 4 different teams. There's a reason they're considered the best conference. But, with that being said, I've never heard them say anything derogatory about Clemson. They talked up Clemson all last year. Even predicting a blowout in the orange bowl. There was, unfortunately, just not the one they predicted. They picked Clemson to win against auburn Saturday night. 2 Clemson highlights in the top 10. So why all the hate.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson needs to worry about Clemson, and no one else.***

Sep 3, 2012, 11:50 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm fine with the "Its the SEC on ESPN" as long as we get

Sep 3, 2012, 11:52 AM

an "Its the ACC on ESPN" when we are playing too. This could be easily corrected by saying "The Clash of the ACC and SEC on ESPN". Its not like we are a FCS team lucky enough to be broadcast on an SEC networked game, ESPN has a contract with us too, if they want to talk up conferences since it is in their best interest, it'd be nice if they talked us up since we network our games with them as well.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's my thing...

Sep 3, 2012, 11:55 AM

it's like they were pumping the "SEC Network on ESPN". Do that all you want in SEC games, or even if the SEC team is the real home team. But not at neutral site games just because the SEC team may have been denoted as the home team, or whatever reasoning they used.

Re: Don't understand all the hate on here

Sep 3, 2012, 11:52 AM

I think it has more to do with the SEC love fest than anything else. It makes me mad to see it but I still watch ESPN

Re: Don't understand all the hate on here- look at our

Sep 3, 2012, 11:55 AM

highlight package they ran versus the Bama Mich one whic was several minutes longer and had a player interview at the end. Anyone from ESPN talk to the leadign rusher or receiver in the nation after the game? Nope.

ESPN is agenda driven hacks

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My "hate"

Sep 3, 2012, 11:56 AM

First, I don't "hate" ESPN. I can appreciate that we are able to watch coverage of so many sporting events. I do however dislike the way they cover sports. Since they own the rights to the SEC, they promote the hell out of the conference to a point that I think it creates an unfair advantage for their teams. UGA and SC looked pedestrian, but you can bet your bottom dollar that they will still be top 10 after the polls come out.

My biggest beef with ESPN is their reporting. In the middle of summer some of us want to hear about baseball, or golf (golf coverage, not just Tiger coverage), or any other sport being played. The 50% of the show dedicated to the NFL just bothers me, so I don't watch.

Because it's dirty...

Sep 3, 2012, 12:32 PM

ESPN wants to maximize their pockets as much as possible, and they will go to any means to do so.

Therefore, instead of giving every college football fan in America what they want, i.e. fair and unbiased coverage of college football, they instead focus on pouring money into the SEC and hype them up as much as possible.

It's very unethical, but it gives them what they want: $$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Want to see hate...go to the religious debate...think it is thread number uno***

Sep 3, 2012, 12:41 PM

Re: Disney stock holder

Sep 3, 2012, 12:53 PM

I want ESPN to do everything that they can to generate dollars so that my Disney Stock goes up.

On the other hand if you are not pleased with the sports coverage that you get on ESPN then go to the other sports network if you can find it. Until someone can unseat the SEC in football we are going to have to listen to the SEC talk. I think our emotions are referred to as jealousy, what do you think?

Here's my problem,

Sep 3, 2012, 12:59 PM

they hype up the SEC, however only 1/3 of the SEC have won NC's.

Florida won two, but where are they now?
Auburn won one, but where are they now?
LSU won two a good while ago, and even though they are a premier team, they got blew out last year.

Alabama, and the aforementioned LSU are the two teams in the SEC that should be hyped.

Are the other teams good? Some of them yes, but to say that the "SEC" has won x number of championships in a row is ridiculous. Alabama, LSU, Florida, and Auburn have won them, not the other 8 members of the league.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,323
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic